Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 11:51 pm

Do you feel the need for this? I put up a sign on my door saying "Knock first (and wait for permission) or Keep out!" and my mom just knocked and then came in and I told her there's a reason that I put up the sign. Her refute? She owns the house, therefore she does not always need to knock.

I felt like saying "I need my privacy, so if you can't respect that, well then, what the hell is wrong with you?" and I wanted a lock on my door. Anyone felt this frustration?

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:46 am

That stinks, I used to have that problem...for a few years, it was so messy and it smelled like different various rotting foods that they were too scared to enter. :lol: Now they usually respect that rule of mine to not enter...usually because I yell. My room is my only sanctuary, and I used to have meltdowns/threaten them if they ever got near it in the past.

HoodedShadow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2011, 10:04 am

Yes, I have wanted a lock for ages but I'm still not getting it.
Looks like I have to just move out, I'm getting old enough for that anyways.. Just need some money..

Email address: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhid ... 0lSIA-uw==

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:49 pm

If I yelled, I would be chastised.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:53 pm

gailryder17 wrote:

You have to mix it in with some crying.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 6:21 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:

That would exasperate my parent's reactions.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 6:40 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:

That would exasperate my parent's reactions.

Hmmmm, then try to scare them by being numb?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 9:20 pm

If your mom is going to use that faulty logic, ask her if her opinion would change if your room was the bathroom. Also, if she does not respect your privacy, why should you respect hers? She'll eventually get annoyed and understand the importance.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 10:33 pm

SammichEater wrote:
If your mom is going to use that faulty logic, ask her if her opinion would change if your room was the bathroom. Also, if she does not respect your privacy, why should you respect hers? She'll eventually get annoyed and understand the importance.

I would, but she would pull the "I'm the parent, I own the house" crap.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 2:23 am

gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:

And my response would be:

No, you're not a parent, you're a dictator. :lol:

A real parent would understand the importance of privacy. Only a dictator would use the excuse of power to disrespect privacy. Even the federal government needs a search warrant or a logical reason before the FBI can come inspect the house.

Now, if you, as a parent, feel that you have that right, then don't b***h when you find out that Facebook is being evil with your personal information. Because, guess what, if they use that same logic, they have that right too.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 11:30 am

SammichEater wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:

A real parent would understand the importance of privacy. Only a dictator would use the excuse of power to disrespect privacy. Even the federal government needs a search warrant or a logical reason before the FBI can come inspect the house.

Now, if you, as a parent, feel that you have that right, then don't b***h when you find out that Facebook is being evil with your personal information. Because, guess what, if they use that same logic, they have that right too.

Then she would say "excuse me, show some respect" knowing her :eew:

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:

And my response would be "you first."

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 9:23 pm

SammichEater wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:

And my response would be "you first."

Response: either "excuse me" or *slap*

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

My mom will alos walk in my room without knocking, and see, i dont get what it o\is with her, doesnt she realize we knock for a reason, shes walked in my room while i was in the middle of changing even, and its ridiculous! Its My room, and i deserve my privacy in there.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 11:34 pm

bradt4evr wrote:
My mom will alos walk in my room without knocking, and see, i dont get what it o\is with her, doesnt she realize we knock for a reason, shes walked in my room while i was in the middle of changing even, and its ridiculous! Its My room, and i deserve my privacy in there.

Aww, bradt4evr, you stalker :wink:.

Sometimes my mom and brother would walk in while I'm changing.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 12:34 am

I know my parents are annoying, but this is just ridiculous. At least my parents respect logic, and don't ignore it simply because it conflicts with their own views and opinions.