Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm

I've been planning to go to a psychologist for years (not for a diagnosis, just to talk about my problems and solve them, don't think only getting a diagnosis would help :) ) but I don't ever really talk to my parents, so I don't think they know there's a LOT of stuff bothering me. I don't know how to ask my mother if I can get an appointment with a psychologist. How should I do this?

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2012, 1:01 pm

I've been going to a psychologist off and on for years just to talk over problems that i wouldn't say to my parents, and my advice is to just ask your mother. That's all I've got, sorry.

psychegots
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2012, 1:33 pm

How old are you?

Maybe you can get it through your school or youth-center? Telling your parents can backfire, depends.

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2012, 3:24 pm

I'm 19, not going to high school anymore, and don't know if I can go to any youth center and even if I could, I wouldn't know how...

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Jan 2012, 4:51 pm

Just ask her. She'll never know you want to see one unless you tell her. Give her a clear reason why you want to go see one, too.