Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 10:03 pm

If you, like me, have been or are made fun of in school for as long as you can remember, and you've sort of faded off into the corner as a result, then you are not alone.

Today I've realized that these as*holes aren't making fun of YOU, they're making fun of their PERCEPTION of you, which if you've been in the same school system for years may be very different from who you actually are as a person.

So hang in there. School sucks, but life is way better once you can be yourself!

Mordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2006, 12:51 am

iamlucille wrote:
If you, like me, have been or are made fun of in school for as long as you can remember, and you've sort of faded off into the corner as a result, then you are not alone.

Today I've realized that these as*holes aren't making fun of YOU, they're making fun of their PERCEPTION of you, which if you've been in the same school system for years may be very different from who you actually are as a person.

So hang in there. School sucks, but life is way better once you can be yourself!

Yeah but their perception of you is who you really are, have someone get a camcorder and videotape you in classs..

you'll very quickly see how others see you. IMHO some aspie types are oblivious to what they project to others and hence do not understand what they need to change to lessen that behaviour in others.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 6:10 pm

Mordy wrote:
iamlucille wrote:

Yeah but their perception of you is who you really are, have someone get a camcorder and videotape you in classs..

you'll very quickly see how others see you. IMHO some aspie types are oblivious to what they project to others and hence do not understand what they need to change to lessen that behaviour in others.

no, this is what i'm trying to disprove... at least for me, i feel at ease around friends, when i'm not at school, and only then am I truly myself. At school I shut myself off and am either really quiet or just sound dumb because of apprehensiveness and fear of being judged. I don't know if it's the same with everyone, but being forced into the stereotype that your peers set for you isn't always accurate. i don't think we should listen to them. they're NT's, the people who cause us pain and misery, why should we succumb to them?

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 7:54 pm

iamlucille wrote:
no, this is what i'm trying to disprove... at least for me, i feel at ease around friends, when i'm not at school, and only then am I truly myself. At school I shut myself off and am either really quiet or just sound dumb because of apprehensiveness and fear of being judged. I don't know if it's the same with everyone, but being forced into the stereotype that your peers set for you isn't always accurate. i don't think we should listen to them. they're NT's, the people who cause us pain and misery, why should we succumb to them?

Gee, great way to stereotype NTs. Anyone can cause you pain and misery.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 2:39 pm

Beau wrote:
iamlucille wrote:

No... those NT's in general.

Drzava
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2006, 8:53 pm

iamlucille wrote:
Beau wrote:
iamlucille wrote:

Are you f*****g ret*d? NT are people, they're not some malicious enemy power out to destroy you. Where do you get this paranoia from?

Also, to prove what Beau said, you just caused me pain and misery by making me read such an incredibly stupid post.

PS. Dont say "we" because I have AS and I wouldn't want to be associated with you even if you were the Sultan of Brunei.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2006, 2:00 pm

iamlucille wrote:
Beau wrote:

What? I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. Even you, yourself, can cause pain to other people. Do you dislike NTs that much? You've probably encountered several people who have treated you poorly, but that doesn't mean that everyone else is a bad person.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2006, 8:11 pm

Dude, let's stop this post. I misrepresented what I was trying to say out of complete frusturation and didn't get my point across at all. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I never intended to. This was just a personal enlightening relization.

I don't know if this specifically applies to anyone else, but all I know is that I'm not the person I was when I entered a new school system and I've been given a hard time in middle school. Though the people at school judge me, I am not the same person they make judgements about, and I am perfectly content not expressing myself to my fullest extent when I'm in school because I know that I have friends outside of school who care about me. I think it is important for anybody to realize that it is important to find that there are people who love you and care about you deeply. When you've established this, then the people at school who think they've got you figured out and take pride in ridiculing you don't even matter anymore. It's merely perspective. If you don't think anybody loves you, then I'm sure there is someone in your life who can prove this statement wrong.

Whether they love you for who you are or who you appear to be, it is important to embrace those wonderful people in your life, NT or not. I'm sorry if I've insulted NT's. I never meant to. I don't hate NT's, I'm actually friends with a few of them. I never meant to make that rash generalization about them and I believe myself to be a horrible person for doing so. I don't care whether a person is an NT or not: it's if they are a good person or not that truly matters. The two don't go hand in hand and I won't let it go until everybody realizes that I am not saying NT's are bad people, nor did I ever intend to say so.

This was an expression of frusturation and I'm deeply sorry. I don't care whether you hate me or not now that I've made my clarification. I was being a total b***h and I completely regret it.

You people here are amazingly powerful, righteous and resilient. Don't forget it.