Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

arandomuser
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Oct 2011, 2:22 am

How do you study for tests/quizzes?

I usually just flip through whatever the test/quiz is going to be on...

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

31 Oct 2011, 8:31 am

I read everything I have, thrice. Then I read it again each day until the day of the test. I can guarantee myself at least a B with that method.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 11:56 am

i honestly have NO idea how to study i try reading through my stuff but i get bored quickly and just go play video games thankfully im a good test taker so i usually do pretty well

SuperMario
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2011, 7:21 pm

I usually practice-test. For example, if I need to remember information for Cisco ITE; I will fold my study guide along the middle (separating the question and answer). Then I will read through the questions and think what the correct answers are to myself. So if the question is "What is the BIOS?", I will think to myself "Basic Input Output System" then check the answer. If I got it wrong, I would work harder to remember that specific piece of information. I basically keep doing that until I get all of them right.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 2:06 pm

Don't. Memorizing things might yield better grades, but doesn't help with anything else.

WalkingThesaurus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2011, 2:31 am

Some of my teachers have extra tutorials before school, so I go to those. The others just have really easy tests about grammar or cameras so I don't really need to study for those.

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2011, 4:47 am

I don`t, once i understand it i understand it (Most of the time i understand it after the teacher is done with his lesson)
Most if the time i get B`s or A`s.

Don`t think it will work after high school though, i`ll see.

LunaUlysses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2011, 11:58 am

I find re-writing my notes, saying them out loud, or typing them up helps me remember them. That's what I did when I actually had to study for the harder classes I decided to take.

Vapzii
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Nov 2011, 6:10 pm

I'm really bad at revising, since I'm very easily distracted by small noises and when I get bored my thoughts always drift. Generally though, I just close the door so it'll block out most noise and read over one sentence repeatedly, before trying to remember it without looking. Then I move on to the next one. And the next one. Then when I've done a whole paragraph I see if I can remember all of that, and so on. Writing it out helps too but that takes up a lot of time. I've tried saying things aloud but adding it verbally just confuses me. As long as I repeat it enough so I learn it by heart, I get through exams really easily.

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 12:02 am

When I lag in detailed time management, I force my pulse and pressure down (by controlling the breath rate) in the few minutes before the examination in question and hyperfocus on the basic concepts and general ideas. The score is still at least a C+ and usually in the 83-87 range.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 2:11 am

I never study for tests, except for AP US History. I usually do good, except in AP US History where I shrivel up and die since I do not have any study skills what so ever. Fortunately everyone around me is shriveling up and dying too.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Sath96347
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2011, 11:00 pm

I stare at whatever notes I have and hope I absorb some of it. That or I'll underline key words right before the test. This is the first year I've needed to do anything, so I'm not sure how to go about it.

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2011, 2:59 am

I just take notes on important vocabulary and study diagrams in the book on the day it is assigned and then glance them over the night before the test. Usually got As and Bs.

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2011, 5:33 pm

I have a visual understanding of the concepts I read.

catatonix

04 Jan 2012, 7:13 pm

TheKing wrote:
i honestly have NO idea how to study i try reading through my stuff but i get bored quickly and just go play video games thankfully im a good test taker so i usually do pretty well

literally me, I'm beginning to do tests which outright require revision so not doing so well.

AllieG1997
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2012, 7:58 pm

I just read the whole chapter again. I only read out loud, the most important things, though.