Anyone else see people have pleasure if they see you smile?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Battlegun
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jun 2013, 1:56 am

Now, i'm usually quite solemn, but I find it odd that people will comment something like, "I saw him smiling!" They will often try to do things to make me smile

Anyone else have this happening to them?

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jun 2013, 3:01 am

This also happens to me.The last person that asked me said something simliar and said "That was the only time ive seen you smile".I don't smile often though.

SaveTigers
Raven
Raven

23 Jun 2013, 8:01 am

One of my Aspie twin daughters told me that when she was in elementary school, on the rare occasions when she would laugh, the whole class would turn and look at her in astonishment. When they were in high school, one teacher told my twins that they reminded him of Greta Garbo :-) That was pretty cool to them, since their special interest is classic movies.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 9:47 am

Quote:
Anyone else see people have pleasure if they see you smile?

i presume that english is not your native language

i have reasoned that your sentence means (in my mind's language) "do other people on wrong planet notice that when they smile, others become friendlier".

so to answer that i will say "no". not in my case.

i never smile in concert with anyone. every time i smile, it is usually about a covert but deliberately twisted interpretation i derive from mundane things in my immediate environment. no one can fathom why i smile when i do, and that can lead to me having a laughing fit.

they know they are excluded in essence from the core of the reason i am smiling, and so people usually think i am nuts when i have a "happy fit" for no shared reason.

the only exceptions are people who seem to be affected by drugs or alcohol. i think they can sometimes notice that i am focused on a circumstantial peculiarity that amuses me, and they also laugh, but considering that i am certain that they would not know the reason why i was laughing, i ignore their laughter.

i do not find anything funny outside of my privately generated ideas.

Battlegun
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jun 2013, 10:40 am

Yeah, sorry for the awkward topic title. I meant to say that do you see people around you say comments that you smiled, such as the one above in my post.

Last edited by Battlegun on 23 Jun 2013, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 10:51 am

Battlegun wrote:
Yeah, sorry for the awkwardly topic title.

i am sorry but i am falling further behind. i have no idea what you are trying to say. i am sorry.

Battlegun wrote:
I meant to say that do you see people around you say comments that you smiled, such as the one above in my post.

again i can only shrug. i do not know what you are trying to say.

i am quite sorry.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 8:00 pm

I am frequently pestered by friends and people I have no care for: "You smiled. You never smile." I'm not NT, I don't plaster a smile on my face. If they want to know how I'm feeling, I'll come out and say it.

Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm

This is very much the case for me, at all the schools I've been to. A while ago, I would (and did) make an effort to hide myself smiling or laughing (which in themselves, especially at school, were/are rare occasions), to avoid feeling self-concious, due to the sheer fact I would attract the attention of quite literally the entire class. With ensuing non-stop pestering/comments, "after".

RandomObject
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2013, 9:04 am

In high schhol I earned the nickname "Smiley" because I never smiled. So they would do everything they could to make me smile. It was annoying as hell. And then they'd always ask why I didn't smile. I went like 2 or 3 years without smiling lol.

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jun 2013, 9:44 pm

I always have grin on my face but that's because I either doing something I shouldn't be or thinking about doing something I shouldn't. So no people do not really notice when I smile. They do notice if I'm smiling at them though.

You are very likely neurotypical
INTJ

slushy9
Raven
Raven

30 Jun 2013, 10:50 pm

yep these girls at my school always tells me how cute i am to make me smile
prob cuz im always miserable cuz of sensory issues