Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Nov 2006, 8:26 pm

...and stupid

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 8:29 pm

If shes a NT i wouldn't be surprised....

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 8:32 pm

Well think of it this way- What kind of things do you do that she considers immature and stupid? You should ask her that sometime to see if she has any justification for those words.

hacker_mage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Nov 2006, 8:37 pm

she is an nt and i have as so i get that alot

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 8:40 pm

hacker_mage wrote:
she is an nt and i have as so i get that alot

Yeah, but really, you should ask her why she says what she says. She'll either give you a meaningful and intelligent response or she'll just say, "ummm.... i just do"
Regardless of what she says, it doesn't mean anything, but you should try to understand her viewpoint.
Anyway, I'm not sure how old your sister is, but if she's older than you she's been the same age as you and probably has some justification for what she says. If she's younger, she's just being a b*tch and you should ignore her.

Mariah918
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Dec 2006, 10:24 pm

Yeah, I agree with Yupa but what is a NT?

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

22 Dec 2006, 4:54 am

*puts on scientific voice*

An NT is short for Neurotypical. The word Nerotypical is self-explanitory, that is, a Nerotypical is someone who has typical Neurology. This term is most frequently used by those known as Aspies or Auties, as they themselves are not Nerotypical. The term Nerotypical is sometimes used generally, and, in all wide-scoped philosophy, no-one is Nerotypical, but the word can come in handy when descibing those who are not on the Autistic Spectrum.

*ahem*

Yeah, that's the jist of it. In short, an NT is someone not on the Spectrum. Okay?

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Mariah918
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Dec 2006, 3:47 pm

Okay thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 6:19 pm

hacker I can totally relate to this. My NT college sister {who's 19, I am 16} thinks I am stupid & act really childish just to fuel my self-esteem. When she says that, I believe she is reffering to herself. She is a total egomaniac who gets me to do things that I am not interested in, such as visiting her friend's house, going with her to the mall, the movies, cleaning her room, etc.

How old is your NT sister? If she is younger than you, than she has a problem.

CeallachSolomon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2007, 8:43 pm

I feel bad for you Anon, I have a sister that's the same age and she's not nearly as annoying or egotistical.

Perhaps your sis, as you said, is directing the feelings she has about herself at you, trying to project her persona onto someone outside herself. And perhaps she drags you along because she feels safer or more comfortable around you, on a subconscious level?

That's just what I think about it, I could be wrong. And it's not like you could ask her, because she'd deny everything. That's mental defense at it's best for you.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 8:02 pm

CeallachSolomon wrote:
And perhaps she drags you along because she feels safer or more comfortable around you, on a subconscious level?

That's just what I think about it, I could be wrong. And it's not like you could ask her, because she'd deny everything. That's mental defense at it's best for you.

What is the probability that my sister {who has anti-Asperger sentiments} has Aspergers & does not know it?

About asking her, I have tried that, it just bounces off of her.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 7:12 pm

I think I'm immature. I wish I wasn't.

CeallachSolomon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2007, 12:22 am

Oh yeah, I'm all kinds of immature. I'm very nearly a man (by American standards) and yet I'm both a goofball and a fiercely dependant baby. I laugh and joke and talk about childish things, I swear and get angry, and I like cute things. Anime and video games are my two biggest passtimes, and I run the gamut from carnage and death to fairies named after condiments.

Trust me, I'm an immature guy to be sure. I'm just smart, introverted, and a free thinker. I care about others whether they like it or not, and I'm willing to help anyone if they really need it. My sage advice and insight into matters others trouble over, my skill with and love of linguistics, and my daily bearings; all these things are what make people see me as mature. I feel like an old man, reincarnated with the mind of a child and the body of a teen.

Yotsuba
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2007, 2:43 pm

i'm immature. I'm fourteen, but frequently I feel nine. I play dolls with my eight-year-old sister. That's immature, but guess what? I'm proud that I spend time with her. She is my best friend. I have fun playing dolls with her!
Sorry, I'm spazzing out. But my point is, take words that your sister throws at you and turn them around. Say, "Yah, I'm immature, you got a problem with that?" :D

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 9:58 pm

Why did a newb revive a dead thread?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 10:05 pm

Unknown wrote:
Why did a newb revive a dead thread?

Watch your mouth, unknown, before you lose your tongue.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.