Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 7:19 pm

How to build character and my adult persona?

I understand employment/volunteer experience and things like sports help a lot. I do feel like a better, more mature, and more masculine person after partaking in this stuff (I play football for my school and I work in my dad's business for pay)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Aug 2012, 7:23 pm

You're still too young to be acting like an adult, you do know that... right?

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

In my experience it is not really something that you do. It's something that happens. The line between adolescent and young adult/adult is blurry.

But then I find the whole concept of 'building character' odd.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 7:34 pm

Playing football and working for pay seem manly and adult enough to me. What are you trying to build exactly? Do you want to feel more independent and adult-like?

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 3:31 pm

UnLoser wrote:
Playing football and working for pay seem manly and adult enough to me. What are you trying to build exactly? Do you want to feel more independent and adult-like?

Yes, thats it. its what all adolescents are expected to.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

04 Aug 2012, 3:45 pm

I'm leaving. I don't even know why I clicked on this thread.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 1:02 pm

Being an adult just means that you are okay with being yourself and you have control of your emotions.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 10:25 pm

Muslimmetalhead, you seem to be doing pretty good already in acting adult-like. At least, you seem like more of an adult than I am. It's good to be thinking about being more responsible and independent, but, from what I can tell, you probably shouldn't be too worried about it right now.