Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2012, 4:11 pm

This could be a typical it depends on what type of person you are type thing but it could also be a part of Aspies thinking very litterally.
This came about in two ways, no 1 that before summer holidays- roughly three months ago for me- we had to watch The Woman In Black in drama, this film scared me so much I am still uncomfortable in the dark and struggle to leave my room when it's dark, I have to check ther is nothing in the corners of my room before I turn the light off. I am so, so scared. It also came about because my friend is having a Halloween party and I don't want to stay over in case they watch horror films! I really hate how much they scare me and I'm actually worried that I might have to watch one in school again. I've actually auditioned to be in a school play which is a horror and I am deeply regretting it!
I really wish I wasn't so easily creeped out but maybe I can find some comfort if others are the same? It would be nice to know this.
Also is it for life or have you found a way out- I hate dark rooms and things as well and I'm really frustrated because that film has ruined one of my favourite parts of history- I have a lot of victorian toys and have always wanted to spend a day or two in that era but I'm scared of it now. Please help

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 4:18 pm

I can't watch any horror movies. I just can not bring myself to do so. If I sense a shocking moment is coming up in any movie whatsoever, I turn my head, play with my phone, go to the bathroom...

ANYTHING to avoid watching scary movies or scary parts in movies.

I remember when I was seventeen, I was at a friend's house and there were twelve other people there we knew just hanging with us. They decided to watch a horror movie so I excused myself, went downstairs and watched Hannah Montana with his ten year old sister.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 4:44 pm

Taverson wrote:
I can't watch any horror movies. I just can not bring myself to do so.

I can't watch them either, but for an entirely different reason. They are invariable so stupid that they make no sense at all. Instead of scaring me, all they do is remind me how big a waste of time it is to watch anything so imbecilic.

g2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2012, 6:17 pm

Not really an issue for me. I do not like horror movies as much as the rest of my family does, but I'm not the type that will do anything to avoid them. Movie theaters though, is a different story. Something about being enclosed in a loud, crowded space, with 5 exits or less, puts me off. Especially the loudness.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

18 Sep 2012, 6:52 pm

Yes, when it's a surprise. Other than that, it's pretty difficult to scare me.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 7:02 pm

g2 wrote:
Something about being enclosed in a loud, crowded space, with 5 exits or less, puts me off. Especially the loudness.

I liked movie theaters better when they weren't so loud.

My favorite place to watch a movie was at a place called "The Grove" on campus at Texas A&M University. It was outdoors. During the summer, they used to show a different movie nearly every night. They were not the just released movies, but ones from the last few years.

The only downside was when a train went by. The railroad tracks were about 150 feet or so behind the screen. Whenever a train went by, you couldn't hear a thing.

I've heard that in the local town, the city is going to start showing movies in the park at night in the summer. I'm looking forward to those, depending on the movies that they show.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

if something happens that i didn't expect, yes.
this usually only happens when i'm fasing out or due to sound from the neibourghs.
scary parts in movies dont really effect me that much; there is always the same high pitched static/screems whenever a scare moment is coming. i think that this is done to increase the scare in NTs, but becouse i actively hear these things, they serve as some kind of warning making that i can prepare for the scare, no matter how unexpected they placed it

RocketPeacock
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2012, 12:33 am

I know no fear :P

Actually, my friends are always quite surprised at my total lack of reaction to horror films. I took a shower after watching Psycho. I also deal with everyone's spiders.

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2012, 1:35 am

I don't do well with horror films, they just scare me out of my wits and I feel terrified to walk around my house. Although what I hate more than horror are psychological thrillers. They get me to think about the world too much.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 4:11 am

"Scared?" No. Startled? Yes.