Ever writen to someone connected to an interest?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2012, 9:53 am

For the first time ever I have got an interest related actress who I can easily write to with the cost of no more than two stamps. I have two problems.
My mum would never be persuaded to let me do it or if she was she would want to read ny letter and I really wouldn't like her to read it. I know I'd be able to take two stamps from her purse I'd feel bad doing this but thought maybe if I gave her the cost of the two stamps it wouldn't be so bad but then what about if I got a reply- why I need two stamps- my mud would want to know who it was from and want to read the letter!
Also how do you write to someone and not just talk solely for how much you love that thing- such as the person is an actress an I could write for hours about one of her characters, how much is too much? What should I do...?

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 11:41 am

I know this is the young person's forum and I am far too old to be in here, but...

You could just write one short letter, and then take it to the Post Office where you can give them the letter and they will charge you for the stamps individually. You can also buy stamps from all sorts of places, even Superdrug sell them now. There is definitely no need to steal from your Mum.

You are 16 and if you want to write to someone I don't think your Mum needs to know about it. I'm sure she just wants to make sure that you don't get carried away, or hurt. As long as you only write nice things, there is nothing to worry about.

The only thing you should think about carefully is how you would feel if you don't get a reply. If you would find that upsetting it might not be the best idea to write in the first place.

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2012, 1:01 pm

See that is something I should have mentioned because of where I live and things I have no access to shops and stuff without my mum being there. I have very little chances to buy things which is a big part of my problem. It would be very difficult for me to manage this without telling my mum! Ugh I wish I had more access to things than I do and I wish more famous people would use emails rather than sending letters.
It's such a strange thing for someone to live in the UK and have a very good reputation for replying and I would hate to lose out on it.