Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LuigiDude
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Nov 2013, 4:15 pm

Hello, guys. I'm a senior in high school now, and I've noticed that I've changed considerably. I'm much happier than I was when I was younger, and I've finally accepted myself for who I am. I know why I act the way that I do, and I'm more mellow and relaxed, in general. I've finally found happiness with myself, and my periods of criticizing myself and having a poor overall image of myself have lessened somewhat. I'm starting to stop comparing myself to other people, and I've learned to accept my strengths and weakness. I can honestly say that this year is the first time where I'm truly happy, and I feel good about myself. Does anyone else feel this way?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2013, 4:44 pm

Happiness? Not for me. Congratulations to you, though.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2013, 3:24 pm

Yeah since my second year in HS I've become a lot happier as well. I think this is because in middle school I was bullied a lot and when I was in 8th grade it was particularly harsh because I was also diagnosed with Asperger's and it was difficult at first for me to accept. 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grade were not happy years, in 9th grade I wasn't bullied because I had already switched school but it was harsh because I couldn't accept the fact I had been diagnosed with Asperger's and I was very ashamed about it. But when I was almost 15 I took up karate and that halped me with my self-esteem. I also met new friends. I learned that Asperger's and ADD might be a part of what I am, but they don't define who I am. I am not my disorders.
I also recently realized that my winning strategy is not hesitating. I mustn't hold back, I should always act upon what I want and follow my instinct.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 11:53 am

I'm also a senior in high school and I feel much the same way you do. I've learned to accept myself and the way things are instead of worrying about how I'd like them to be, and have become more self-confident and less self-critical. I wouldn't necessarily say I feel happy- maybe something like mild contentment.

redrobin62 wrote:
Happiness? Not for me. Congratulations to you, though.

Aww, that's so sad.:cry: I sincerely hope that you find some way to become happy or at least content.

Aboriginal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2013, 1:18 am

I just recently came to the conclusion that I might have Apsergers, but I've found that high school is a much happier place than elementary and junior high school. I don't have to sit still and very few people care that I'm wierd. In fact people tend to accept it. NTs think I'm funny!! !

Aboriginal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2013, 1:21 am

I just recently came to the conclusion that I might have Apsergers, but I've found that high school is a much happier place than elementary and junior high school. I don't always feel depressed anymore. I don't have to sit still and very few people care that I'm wierd. In fact people tend to accept it. NTs think I'm funny!! ! Sometimes I can even try to make people laugh. I think that making people happy makes me happy!! !