Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ExoMuseum
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jun 2014, 4:17 pm

so ive noticed my friends doesnt want to help me with things like bying lunch and stuff anymore, and they dont speak to me when im stressed and they dont ask me if i wanna hang out anymore, so im just wondering if this is because im annoying them too much?

also i said on instagram that i felt very excluded and a "friend" of mine (i dont like him anymore) just called me attention seeking and he said that i lied, and is it attention seeking to write on your PRIVATE ig that you feel like s**t? because ive been really depressed for a couple of years now and my friends say that other people are talking about me and calling me a psychopath and stuff

this was a lot at once i know, im sorry but please help me here

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 4:30 pm

It is common for the friends that an individual has at age 17 to disappear by age 24. Relocations, college, full-time employment, marriage and children cause most people to decrease their circle of family and friends. No one I knew then is still a part of my life. My longest current friendship is with someone I met 16 years ago.

I guess my point is that, while friends are great at any age, no one should invest more emotional expectation from them than the friends are willing to give. This is especially true when your friends aren't friends by doing anything to cause you to suspect their loyalty.

Have you looked for Wrong Planet users who live in or near your city? Making friends with them might be a lot more beneficial to you and them in the long run. And don't worry too much, people of all kinds get friendlier when they are a little older. Think of what is going on now as a "time-out" for their kindness.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)