Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Scissor...me
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 May 2015, 9:57 pm

I don't mean usual stuff like eating, showering, brushing your teeth and stuff.
Because I tend to do everything by routine like I do my homework at the same time everyday, I check my emails every two days, I tie my hair up only half the time, etc.
And if something breaks that, it kinda freaks me out for the day.
I looked up and I found that it was an aspie thing.
Is that true ? - and do any of you have any quirky habits?

Sarah xx

Sino
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 May 2015, 8:31 am

Seems like it, although the continuity of such habits probably depends on the severity of your autism.

Myself: Whenever I eat at an Asian restaurant, I have a habit of taking the long chopsticks wrapper and folding it into a small stand for my chopsticks. I always do this, even if my order is right in front of me; and while I never actually use the thing I've folded, I find it to be a calming and somewhat amusing ritual.

aretilda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2015, 10:12 pm

Yeah I have that, I don't get too terribly freaked out but I also have OCD so I get a little annoyed when my routine is disrupted but no big deal. But I do have an incredibly HARD time adapting to new routines, my brain just keeps going on this programmed path routine, like with chores it'll take a long time for me to adapt to my new routine what I'm supposed to do differently.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 2:20 am

For the most part yes.

This makes things like studying especially hard lol because I never bothered to make any specific time for studying.

I get home at 3.30, relax until 4.00, daily exercise from 4.00 to 4.30, 4.30 to 5.30 chores or nothing, 5.30 dinner and shower, 6.30 to 9.30 basically relaxing or nothing really.

I am lazy with my school work Ill admit that for most things I need to add them somewhere on my daily schedule because i dislike/hate school work it's not anywhere but it can be put somewhere.

How difficult do you find it to change your schedule to insert more time for doing work?

Scissor...me
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 May 2015, 3:13 am

Outrider wrote:
For the most part yes.

This makes things like studying especially hard lol because I never bothered to make any specific time for studying.

I get home at 3.30, relax until 4.00, daily exercise from 4.00 to 4.30, 4.30 to 5.30 chores or nothing, 5.30 dinner and shower, 6.30 to 9.30 basically relaxing or nothing really.

I am lazy with my school work Ill admit that for most things I need to add them somewhere on my daily schedule because i dislike/hate school work it's not anywhere but it can be put somewhere.

How difficult do you find it to change your schedule to insert more time for doing work?

Haha. Looking at your schedule you have a looot of time to chill; though I do admit time goes so fast these days.

What grade are you in? (Just to know what level of homework you have on average)

I usually have between a half hour and an hour for my homework. Usually I finish my homework time at 5 in the morning (not a good idea). And then if I'm still not done I really don't care. But if its a big assignment (like a presentation or report ) I work for bout three hours and get lazy the next day. :roll:

Sarah xx

ARMS
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 May 2015, 1:21 pm

Every moment of my life is routine. I check this forum when I've completed a cycle of tasks. I wear my clothes in order. I eat by expiry date. I can't leave the house without morning routine. Need I go on?