Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cookiecrumbs
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 May 2013, 3:59 pm

Us Aspies/Auties are awesome 'cause some of us have superpowers. XD I've read about a guy who has severe Autism who's blind but can play any song on the piano via improvisation. Amazing! So do you have any awesome talents?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 4:10 pm

i'm just overall smart (IQ 144) with dysgraphia and visual-spatial learning disabilities.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 5:31 pm

I'm not a savant, but in the weeks or months when I'm not depressed, I can turn into a writing freak. I can average one short story per day. Last year I even wrote a novel in four months.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 6:02 pm

If it's a movie I like and believe in, I can remember it for years and discuss it with someone who just saw it.

(and it's not an exact memory for the dialogue. It's like a better skill where I'm remembering plot points and the sense of what was said)

historysmystery61
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2013, 7:18 pm

After recent research, I have found that I meet all the necessary requirements for savant syndrome. I can have extreme difficulty in communicating my thoughts, along with weekly hyperactivity bouts.

But at the same time, I am well-known around school for knowing five verses of the Iliad, one of the Aeneid, three of the Raven, three of O Captain! My Captain, and over eighty digits of pi. And that has barely even scratched the surface. I have a nearly photographic memory as well.

My parents deny that it is truly savant syndrome, but I could easily prove them wrong by showing them the definition.

Memory is off-the-charts shockingly good

DrHouseHasAspergers
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2013, 10:19 pm

I can read over 1000 words per minute with nearly 100% reading comprehension. I can also learn how to spell a word simply by looking at it once and I will remember it for the rest of my life.
My IQ is 147.

Cookiecrumbs
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2013, 4:15 am

Awesome responses guys!

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2013, 11:51 am

I know pi to like 100 decimals.. my parents refuse to believe that's smart. I'm getting good grades.. especially in maths, geography, physics and biology.. I'm getting straight A* in all those. And bordering A* in chemistry by as much as a single point. The other subjects I'm aiming for a B in. Maths is my strongest.. I see patterns all the time in the numbers, and I'm doing the FSMQ higher course :D (if you're genuinely interested, you can google it and it has an explanation of what it is, but it's not particularly interesting (unless you're me) so I'll save you the word wall and make it optional)

I also can tell the exact position of everyone in the house at any point in time by where slight noises come from. My mind goes all 3D-like and I (in my mind) quickly focus on what they could be doing. That's gotta be a superpower :P

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2013, 10:31 pm

yes,i have a lot of ways of memorizing things like Pi very easy and for splinter skills its all areas of art and music
but i am one four people in my family to have these splinter skills from my deceased grandad who i was also told by
people who knew him as having splinter skills similar to me.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2013, 1:39 am

I am absolutely passionate about history and can remember a lot of stuff most people slept through in high school.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

princessarachne
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Mar 2015, 8:56 pm

I do not possess any savant skills in areas such as math or science (although I am in my school's honors math program. I have no idea why), but I do write a lot of music. My most recent composition was a fantasy for piano that is approximately 13 minutes long.

Also, I speak chinese (we learn in school) and can memorize a character by looking at it once.
I have an IQ of only 104. (No mensa for me! XD)

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 6:50 am

I can read a ton of languages that I've never seen before and am able to feel colors with my hands. I can also read up to 300,000 words an hour at times.

Scissor...me
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Mar 2015, 7:10 pm

I'm a great artist : singer, actress, drawer (not a box you slide into a piece of furniture nor a....). We process things differently so we aspies need more effort to adapt which makes us smarter and some of us have more passions than the average. As for the blind guy, it has been proven that if you lose one of your senses your other senses become more sensitive. So a lot of blind people have really good ears. Does he record anything?

Sarah xx

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 9:10 am

I have a near photographic memory for just about anything I'm really interested in whether it be movies, TV Shows, music, or anything else along those lines, I have a 148 IQ, and under proper conditions (2 cans of Monster and an epic playlist) I can knock out about 2,500-3,000 words in one writing session.

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2015, 6:11 pm

i wish.
i think being otherwise completely unable to do anything but having one f*****g amazing skill would make life simple.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:09 am

If I do have any magical hidden talents, then they haven't manifested themselves yet.

One thing that's kind of interesting was, when they gave me the intelligence test thing, there was this part where I had to assemble tiles into shapes, and they said that I was the only person to ever complete that entire part of the test. I think that I did so badly on the other parts of the test that my overall IQ wound up being 123 or something.

My only special skill is ass-sitting. Through the years, I have become extremely adept at the art of sitting on my ass and doing nothing. Some say that I was born with the talent, but I say no, I had to work for it all the way. You can't become this lazy without true dedication ^.^