Page 4 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

VioletClementine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2008, 9:11 pm

I met my best girl friend at a Halloween party hosted by my college's Drama department. It was a costume party and she had on this really phenomenal Victorian-goth outfit. I basically said to her, "Wow--your costume is amazing!" and we just started talking and hanging out from there. She's wonderful.

I met my boyfriend through a mutual friend last September. He's also my best friend. <3

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 9:53 pm

My current best friend(s) I met in middle school in 6th grade.
I had just moved several states and thousands of miles away from my old home, about half way across the country.
I was the new kid, had the palest skin and darkest hair of anyone in the southern US, was 10 years old and an almost pre-determined outcast thanks to the vice-principal (she decided it would be a good idea to give a speech to my 6th grade class on Asperger's and how "AS kids take everything literally, so becareful what you say to her." She actually said this: "If you tell her to jump off a bridge she will. The same goes for lakes, so be very careful." Not sure where she got that from. Maybe from the sarcasm thing. idk. :lol: )

Anyway. First day of school I came in all the girls were talking really slowly to me in baby voices and my teacher was really loud and mean to me especially since she didn't believe my AS was real. Eventually all those girls got bored with me and wandered off when they figured out that I was merely an extremely quiet, shy girl and, infact, not the helpless disabled child they were prepared to mother. The one girl who hadn't talked me me since I'd come in was quietly reading books under her desk. She also read by herself at recess so I decided to talk to her one day after I got enough social courage up.
We hit it off immediately and have been best friends ever since. Later, in 7th grade I got to know my other best friend who had also been a sort of outcast. She's awesome and is the loudest and most amusing person I have ever met.

(:
Yay for my buddies! I love them! XD

rabbit90
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Mar 2008, 5:07 am

i don't think i hae any best friends, i don't think i even have any friends (other than family etc)

funkygirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2008, 10:57 am

i met my girl best friend through my ex-friend who im not friends with anymore
i met my boy best mate at school (people ask us are u 2 goin out its soo annoyin)

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 May 2008, 5:31 pm

at boy scout's. we talked and both love computers and acdc. he lives 15 miles away though so i can only email him mostly. :D tonight is boy scouts though so :D :D

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 2:57 am

I have had 2 and since my dads in the army i have moved away from both. one i met on the first day at a new school, for the first time i got in trouble for talking too much. the other i met in highschool, we were both in special education and stuff. both of them were very simular and were almost the exact opposite to me, in terms of personality.

five_squared
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2008, 2:10 pm

I met seven(!) of them in school (8th & 9th grade) and one at a writing camp last summer.

greyh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2008, 5:48 pm

Ive known my best friend and his family for a good 8 years or so, via his family and mine being good friends. I'm pretty good friends with both him and his younger brother. We went to the same school for a while but didn't really talk/see each other much since he was in the school year below me, I mainly just played football/console games etc with him and his brother after school

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2008, 10:07 am

I met her when I temporarily switched to an alternative school, when I was a sophmore in high school. Although we're both very different from each other in some ways, we both know what it's like to be different from the majority. There are some complications to our relationship, but we're both true to each other and actually balance each other out. I'm very thankful to have someone like her to talk to.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 2:54 pm

They were in my class at school. Ater my mom took me out to homeschool me in firth grade I never had a friend at all let alone a best one. Never bothered me the least bit. I soon found out how restricted I felt with friends compared to the freedom of not having one. I only had two best friends in six years of public school.

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 7:36 pm

I met my best friend at the beginning of year 7. There was only one of person from my old school who went to the same highschool as me, and we nver got along anyway so I was alone.

After about 2 weeks of seeing me sit alone, a bunch of year 10s took me over to this spot where a lot of year sevens were sitting. Still I sat alone, until a few days later a year 8 introuduced me to three people, and yeah, one of them was my now best friend.

We were really just friends until there was a huge arguement which resulted in me being sent into 'exile'. I thought that was it, but for some reason she came with me. She said that she found herself on my side, and that we had alot more in common that she did with the other people in the group.

So, about a year and a half later, here we are :)

Asp1e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2008, 12:31 pm

We just started hanging around a year after we started in school.. I was 5 years old and not that tall, everyone was just beeing mean to me so i kicked ass most of the time (still do if i have to :oops: ) and she was 6 years old and kicking ass for fun :roll: well .. we've been best friends ever since (i'm 14 now and she's 15 xD)

And then there's my stepsis. But she's not a best friend. She can't be. She's just Alberte :mrgreen:
We met because our parents fell in deep truely looooooooove :lol:

aspie_girl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2008, 12:40 pm

Quote:
And then there's my stepsis. But she's not a best friend. She can't be. She's just Alberte
:mrgreen:
We met because our parents fell in deep truely looooooooove :D

Haha well I'm just Alberte.. :wink:

Well my first bestfriend, Sandra, was in 0. grade (we have those in Denmark, and then we were best friends untill 7.grade. then my best friend was another girl called Natalie. I really loved her (and still do), cause she means so much to me, and we have been doing so much fun. But since april she started hanging with the ''populair persons'' and well I kinda lost her ( I was one of the ''not populair, not un-populair girls).. (since we moved I don't have much contact with them..

But well, (I know you and Mathilde are best friends, Olivia :)), but well I kinda sees you as the best friend I got now.. not as the status ''best friends'', but well. You're the one of my friends that I love the most. :alien:

Ay ay general :salut:

Asp1e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2008, 1:59 pm

aspie_girl wrote:
Quote:

Ay ay general :salut:

Nice to see some respect :lol:

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 2:51 pm

We just talked in my old class cause the teacher was really boring. So used the time for a number of different stuff.
Non which had anything to do with the subject that our teacher gave us :P

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2012, 2:00 am

Got paired up in Grade 1 with a kid who I made friends with (It was just like"your alone, she's alone, go play!" not same words as I cannot remember those) then somehow made friends with a kid who bossed us all around made friends with her friend, got closer to bossy kid's friend and everyone else drifted away last year. Mostly because friend 1 got really popular and I found it hard to hang out around her new friends so I hung out with the friend I was most like and could be ALL of myself around with out being afraid of awkward.