Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

I am a teenage or young adult user (18-25)
Yes, teen, 18 or younger. 61%  61%  [ 27 ]
Young adult, 18-25. 27%  27%  [ 12 ]
No, 25+. 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 44

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 6:50 am

This section just seems so...empty these days. At least compared to what it used to be.

There's barely anyone around the same age around here anymore.

What happened...I only ever see a few teenage users these days......

Maybe we all just post in other sections. Like me, I'm mainly in Love & Dating.

But still...this section IS supposed to be our meeting place specifically.

You'd think this would be where most of us would end up posting...

I know it was much more full a few years ago. But they all grew up into young adults now...

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 6:57 am

I'm 18. :P I usually just go to the general since that is far more active, especially through the week. Nobody really posts in here or the kid's section anymore so I just stopped coming. And as more people did that it's just empty in both sections. :(

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 7:01 am

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Nothing wrong with having young adults on WP or here in the Adolescent section, of course not; in fact many of the young adult users were probably former teens using this section themselves.

But it's just a bit odd still that there's so few teens left. Everyone's grown up or left.

Average age of the users who post in this section I would guess to be what, 22?

Maybe this poll would help figure things out a little better...

You can still vote even if you rarely post or visit the adolescent section but I think it would be best if frequent posters/visitors voted to get a more accurate idea of just how old everyone posting here is.

EDIT:

Yeah, kids section was always very small, but it's a ghost town compared to what it use to be as well.

And same reason with me. I use to post here a bit more often when I was 14 or 15, but almost never anymore now that it's emptier.

I began to notice the teen section getting a bit more emptier and emptier back in last year. I made plenty of threads myself to try and keep the action alive, but I gave up eventually.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 7:24 am

Well, wrongplanet has existed since 2004 and I imagine the teen forum has since then (on the archives as early as I can find is january 2006). So people have grown up 10 years if they're still around. I was 15 when I joined and now I'm 18. 8O

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:02 am

It's just surprising that barely any newbies ever come in anymore.

I see new people in every section really but the more emtpier ones like here, Kids Cater, The Programming section or something like that, etc.

Otherwise...yeah...

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 12:19 pm

I'm 16 :D

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 12:35 pm

I'm not technically a teenager because there is no "teen" in my age.

All the teenagers with Asperger's I know don't talk about there Asperger's and don't understand it.

My friend's ex-neighbor has Aspergers, we're sort of similar but my Asperger's is easier to spot out.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 1:34 am

Rudin wrote:

All the teenagers with Asperger's I know don't talk about there Asperger's and don't understand it.

My friend's ex-neighbor has Aspergers, we're sort of similar but my Asperger's is easier to spot out.

What do you mean? They don't even know they have it or they hide it well enough you can't spot it anyway?

Yeah I know what you mean if it's that, but still it's a bit strange if you've still rarely met any in real life at school or whatever.

Anyway, personally my experiences have been much different. I've made friends with three other people with aspergers in real life so far, without even realizing they had it until after we became friends.

I knew they were my more 'awkward' friends (and maybe they felt the same back) but still. I think at times we just magnitate towards one another even if we don't know the other person has it.

That's why I think it's strange if we find it hard to make friends or get along with another aspie in close-proximity to us.

But here on WP it's just very empty. Things were very different when I first got here at 14...

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 7:10 am

Outrider wrote:
Rudin wrote:

What do you mean? They don't even know they have it or they hide it well enough you can't spot it anyway?

Yeah I know what you mean if it's that, but still it's a bit strange if you've still rarely met any in real life at school or whatever.

Anyway, personally my experiences have been much different. I've made friends with three other people with aspergers in real life so far, without even realizing they had it until after we became friends.

I knew they were my more 'awkward' friends (and maybe they felt the same back) but still. I think at times we just magnitate towards one another even if we don't know the other person has it.

That's why I think it's strange if we find it hard to make friends or get along with another aspie in close-proximity to us.

But here on WP it's just very empty. Things were very different when I first got here at 14...

I'm not the only one in my school with Asperger's. There were two other people with Asperger's at my school, one of which just graduated. He was very ignorant and based his opinions largely on video games and science fiction and wouldn't listen to me when I was telling him what was plausible and scientifically accurate. The other person is 5 years old.

I honestly don't know what it is. They just seem to know they are autistic and move on with their lives.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2015, 10:22 am

There are lots of teenagers and people in their early 20's on this Forum.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2015, 10:42 am

I must be the oldest amongst all of you on the whole entire web-site ! ;)

Nope, I am not gonna join Guiness Book of Records, for it's not something that can be proven if you don't look like a really old geezer (I still look like I'm possibly in my teens or early 20s and I still act like a kid) or unless you've made a lot of famous appearances everywhere to the point where it can be verified by lots of records/documentation, but even then, such a thing is just going to be passed off as Body-Doubles or look-alikes or charlatans dressing up as someone famous just to make a name for themselves or get attention.

Have some Biological-Immortality...

Yes, the technology & resources to be able to live a physical-life indefinitely does currently exist although it does not yet seem to have been made public-knowledge, and one of the secrets to that in my opinion is related to a kind of permanent high-speed cell-regeneration at the stem-cell-level (i.e.: a sort of anti-aging property that keeps skin more elastic & from turning into wrinkles). Consuming lots of liquids (actual fresh-water) seems to be a requirement for its upkeep.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 3:40 am

There hasn't ever been much going on in this section. Which is too bad since I'd like to be in an active asd teen forum.
But I do see plenty of teens in the more popularly used sections like General Autism Discussion and Random Discussion.

If you are looking for a forum for teens that has a lot more interaction, I would suggest govteen.com
I have been a member there for two years now and really enjoy interacting with my peers. Several kids on the spectrum are members.

btw, Govteen stands for Go Virtual Teen, it doesn't have anything to do with the government.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 8:30 am

EzraS wrote:
There hasn't ever been much going on in this section. Which is too bad since I'd like to be in an active asd teen forum.
But I do see plenty of teens in the more popularly used sections like General Autism Discussion and Random Discussion.

If you are looking for a forum for teens that has a lot more interaction, I would suggest govteen.com
I have been a member there for two years now and really enjoy interacting with my peers. Several kids on the spectrum are members.

btw, Govteen stands for Go Virtual Teen, it doesn't have anything to do with the government.

Oh, I thought it meant a government of teens.

Govteen was hacked by members of Hack Forum. The passwords may have been stolen, so I question the security of the site.

-Paul Erdos

-Bruce Schneider

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 11:21 pm

EzraS wrote:

I go on VT sometimes, though not often because reading their posts makes me depressed.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 8:11 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I go on VT sometimes, though not often because reading their posts makes me depressed.

Why? I would go on there if it wasn't hack by moderators, members and administrators of a hacking/cracking forum.

-Paul Erdos

-Bruce Schneider

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2015, 3:05 pm

I'm 16, and yes I wish the adolescent section was a lot more active.