Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

vinyl360
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2019, 1:23 pm

I went to a mini-camp recently, and in one activity we got to choose our own partners. Well, my group was an odd number, and I was too shy to ask anyone to be my partner. Long story short, I had no partner and refused to be a "third wheel" in an already existing pair. And in another activity, nearly the same thing happened, but this time, I was paired with someone I didn't want to be with. Has anybody had a similar experience before?

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2019, 1:04 pm

In high school, whenever the teacher told us to form groups, I usually just stayed where I was because I was too shy to go to anyone. The teacher had to put me with a group.

I also didn't raise my hand to answer questions very often. But I guess my classmates felt similarly about it, because it would often take a bit for anyone to raise their hand.

vinyl360
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 May 2019, 4:21 pm

coalminer wrote:
In high school, whenever the teacher told us to form groups, I usually just stayed where I was because I was too shy to go to anyone. The teacher had to put me with a group.

I also didn't raise my hand to answer questions very often. But I guess my classmates felt similarly about it, because it would often take a bit for anyone to raise their hand.

Yeah, that happens to me, too. I do raise my hand pretty frequently, with the exception of having said something stupid and I just stay quiet for the rest of the class.

DLwarriorgoddess
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2019, 7:36 pm

I was just like you vinyl360. I felt like in a game that you have to make good or bad option . To be in a good or bad ending for that happen . Also I felt like sub human with that too.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 8:42 am

Yes in groups usually I get left over

You can do the activity in threes or do it alone or don't do it

So glad I don't have to go to school anymore

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jul 2019, 9:00 am

I was like that too. School wasn't an easy time for me - especially high school and all the social stuff associated with it such as games.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 9:15 am

vinyl360 wrote:
I went to a mini-camp recently, and in one activity we got to choose our own partners. Well, my group was an odd number, and I was too shy to ask anyone to be my partner. Long story short, I had no partner and refused to be a "third wheel" in an already existing pair. And in another activity, nearly the same thing happened, but this time, I was paired with someone I didn't want to be with. Has anybody had a similar experience before?

Used to happen to me in school often!