Page 5 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Are you an Atheist/Agnostic?
Yes 90%  90%  [ 126 ]
No, i was brainwashed into theism when i was young 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
I used to be an atheist but i chose a religion my parents don't follow when i was over 10 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
u insultd my imaginry frend u goin to hell cos an old book sed so 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 140

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 2:12 am

It's ok, I don't think you're a bad person for liking the USA. :P But to be honest, you shouldn't care so much about what other people think of your views.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 7:57 am

i care about USA for freedom i only want to go into politics because we have lost so many freedoms and i want to try to change it to bring them back

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 9:08 am

You Americanos and your "freedoms".. you're all adorable, in a way. :roll:

Used to be atheist, then slowly descended into agnosticism - now? Well..

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 12:40 pm

hey we have like no freedoms these days except in Texas which is why im moving there soon i just want to be free hell if i had it my way i would have just enough government to borderline anarchy(i believe some form of control is neccessary but just enough) but back to the topic of this thread, did anyone know their is an atheist scholarship? i just found out lol.

i intend to not shove the whole religious otherworldly crap down my kids throats when i have some, i believe in the Absurdity that this is our existence after that there is nothing and anything else is absurd which it is, Christians dont approve that monkeys are our cousins(not descended from monkeys but from a common anscestor) yet they are fully willing to believe man evolved from dirt and woman evolved from man's rib yeah and they say our beliefs are silly

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 1:16 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism
Absurdism as i mentioned in the previous post

The following definition of Atheism was given to the Supreme Court of the United States in the case of Murray v. Curlett, 374 U.S. 203, 83 S. Ct. 1560, 10 L.Ed.2d (MD, 1963), to remove reverential Bible reading and oral unison recitation of the Lord's Prayer in the public schools:

“Your petitioners are Atheists and they define their beliefs as follows. An Atheist loves his fellow man instead of god. An Atheist believes that heaven is something for which we should work now – here on earth for all men together to enjoy.

An Atheist believes that he can get no help through prayer but that he must find in himself the inner conviction, and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it and enjoy it.

An Atheist believes that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help to a life of fulfillment.

He seeks to know himself and his fellow man rather than to know a god. An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanquished, war eliminated. He wants man to understand and love man.

He wants an ethical way of life. He believes that we cannot rely on a god or channel action into prayer nor hope for an end of troubles in a hereafter.

He believes that we are our brother's keepers; and are keepers of our own lives; that we are responsible persons and the job is here and the time is now.”

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:54 pm

its funny how people with Asperger syndrome still believe in God, i mean thats like believeing in Santa, after all us Aspies are more prone to think more logically than N/Ts

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 8:10 pm

TheKing wrote:
its funny how people with Asperger syndrome still believe in God, i mean thats like believeing in Santa, after all us Aspies are more prone to think more logically than N/Ts

Exactly what I think. :P

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 12:07 am

in the Politics, Religion, and Philosophy section im fighting the evil forces of religion in a battle of words if anyone cares to join me, my current tactic has been to belittle their holy book by presenting actual passages that contradict what they are taught in church, they not too happy lol i even gave a small list of direct biblical contradictions and explained "how can their religion be true if their own supposed "word of god" is false?

PhoenixGamma
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2011, 8:26 am

Agnostic.

Biased boll is biased. The term "brain-washed" is dumb. This thread is dumb.

I respect religious beliefs regardless of the religion. Hating on someone elses religion is bigotry.

God can't be proven or unproven. That's all there is to it.

tomboywriter101
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: In my writing, where things are the way I want them

19 Feb 2011, 1:02 pm

Teoka wrote:
Atheist. I dictate my own life without fear of divine punishment and belief in fairy tales :D

I'm atheist because my father, who was raised Presbyterian (his father was a minister) and studied religion and philosophy in college, made some very compelling arguments against religion. Many religions, Christianity and Islam in particular, is just illogical and really not my thing. And I can't stand the homophobic attitude of today's religious groups.

Some homophobics simply use religion as an excuse. For example, Christianity: does it have a specific verse that condemns gayness? I doubt it, those particular homophobics likely used misleading interpretations as excuses.

Agree: 4,6,13,16,18,19,20,22,39,41,45: 1 point
Disagree: 1,3,10,11,14,17,27,30,32,36,38,44,47,48,49: 1 point
Score: 26

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2011, 3:17 pm

PhoenixGamma wrote:
Agnostic.

Biased boll is biased. The term "brain-washed" is dumb. This thread is dumb.

I respect religious beliefs regardless of the religion. Hating on someone elses religion is bigotry.

God can't be proven or unproven. That's all there is to it.

This post has officially recieved the patented (no, not really) Yowuza Seal of Approval.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 4:52 pm

Quote:
You Americanos and your "freedoms".. you're all adorable, in a way.

So true... Of course, that comes from the guy who some days wonders if the Soviet Union didn't get a few things right, so most Americans wouldn't think much of my opinion...

Anyhow, I'm an atheist. My Mom insists I'm an agnostic because I don't actually claim to believe God doesn't exist, merely that I lack belief God does exist. However, I live my life as though God does not exist and would not worship him/her/it if he/she/it did.

Quote:
An Atheist loves his fellow man instead of god. An Atheist believes that heaven is something for which we should work now – here on earth for all men together to enjoy.

An Atheist believes that he can get no help through prayer but that he must find in himself the inner conviction, and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it and enjoy it.

An Atheist believes that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help to a life of fulfillment.

He seeks to know himself and his fellow man rather than to know a god. An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanquished, war eliminated. He wants man to understand and love man.

He wants an ethical way of life. He believes that we cannot rely on a god or channel action into prayer nor hope for an end of troubles in a hereafter.

He believes that we are our brother's keepers; and are keepers of our own lives; that we are responsible persons and the job is here and the time is now.

I thought that was a great description of my beliefs. However, I'm not sure that all atheists could be said to believe that. That is why I prefer to associate myself with the Humanist movement--that quote describes a huge part of their philosophy.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 10:38 am

I am Agnostic. I am not Atheist. I do believe in God. Actually I do not know if it should be called "God" or something else, because I do not perceive it in the way catholic religion teaches us "God" is; I perceive something different, something full of love we will go back to and will become part of eventually. But I do not like religion. I am against religion. Religion is about hate. I cannot support that.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 12:09 pm

fudo is agnostic. but he's learning ;)

AspieOrNot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2011, 12:39 pm

I am an atheist, I was religious like 2 or 3 years ago.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 3:04 pm

I'm an atheist. It's all mythology to me.