Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Aspie_Rocker
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2008, 6:43 pm

For some people with aspergers routine is everything. I am one of those people. I like to have my evenings planned out. My afternoons I can play by ear, but my evenings I have scheduled. During this summer, my siblings are going to be in baseball. We are going to have a baseball game EVERY @#$ING NIGHT! That is going to @#$% my routing bad. My mom just tells me to suck it up and step up. Well I cant explain to her how hard it is to mess up my routine. Can somebody tell me how to tell her?

HarraArial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2008, 9:06 pm

Just tell her you cannot go. Or, plan your evenings around the baseball games.

Heck, my problem wouldn't be the routine, but all the bloody noise of the stadium! But all the same, just tell her that you cannot go because it's a problem with your schedule and that there's really little impact on your sibling's playing.

Honestly, in the experiences I've noticed, it means little if my friends (9which are the closest I have to siblings)) go to my concerts, but if my parents show up, makes all the difference. Most of the support is in the parents and adults in the family, not the same-age siblings.

Everyone knows it's Windy!"