Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Freaky
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jan 2012, 3:04 pm

I wasn't invited to anything :cry:
My parents went to a family freinds party but I am a social misfit and didn't want to go so it was just me.

AkuraiUme
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2012, 3:09 pm

Don't worry, I didn't get invited to anything either.

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2012, 3:10 pm

No not just you. I'm not hot on NY eve celebrations. And since I was away for Christmas, I volunteered to work on NY eve, NY day and today. I got home at 9:30 and got on the computer. The first I noticed the time it was 12:20 and I went to bed.

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2012, 3:30 pm

I did, and I have done so before. Once I painted a room purple on new year's eve just to keep busy.

I used to worry quite a bit more about not socializing. This was when I was a teenager especially. I had the thought that everyone else was having fun at a party and I was not with anyone at all. What I realized through sometimes trying to go to parties and even a bar (ew) is that everyone else has fun doing those things, but I get absolutely miserable. So why feel terrible for skipping the misery of socialization? That doesn't make sense.

The best new year's I've ever had involved watching movies at home with two close friends. Next year I am going to try to make plans to do something similar. I talked on the phone briefly and texted a friend, and that was the right amount of interaction for me :)

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2012, 4:31 pm

I never do anything special on New Years Eve.

Franma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2012, 5:08 pm

I almost always spend New Years by myself by choice. It's just a day for people to drink and act stupid.
I've been over that scene for a long time, I don't really enjoy it. I could go any number of places but don't want to.
I would be ok with a quietish party with 4-6 people though, just never get around to organizing one :)

"It seems that for success in science and art, a dash of autism is essential." Hans Asperger

In the end I'm just me whatever that may be

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2012, 5:12 pm

i was invited. had plans for new year's for the first time. was very excited. didnt get to go.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2012, 5:15 pm

I spent New Years' Eve in my dark room with my laptop and cat for company. In all honesty, if I had been invited to something, I would not have gone. I have very little interest in recreational social gatherings.

nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jan 2012, 6:03 pm

I was alone on New Years, too. It was quiet and went by really fast. It's the best way to celebrate.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2012, 6:30 pm

It was a pleasant evening of solitude.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 10:09 pm

I TRIED to spend my New Year's Eve alone, but my parents forced me to be part of the family. We also had another family over at our house for our little party thing, which was just us playing board games. I like board games, and along with video games I find it to be the most enjoyable form of social interaction.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

ArtemisHolmes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2012, 6:59 am

I spent it alone, essentially. I figure myself to be relatively unfortunate because of it.

catatonix
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jan 2012, 6:26 pm

I actually went out for a change, saw a girl I liked, was completely: then got home and stayed up for the rest of the night as my sleeping pattern tells me to.

Last edited by catatonix on 05 Jan 2012, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AllieG1997
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2012, 7:56 pm

Yeah, same with me. My parents went to a party, but I just could not find the courage to go too. It's fine, though. I didn't mind spending New Years alone.

timewaster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2012, 8:57 pm

I can't remember the last time i spent anything with anyone. I got up at 10 pm on christmas day, new years eve i was alone. It's not even that i can't go anywhere, i just feel more alone if im around people at times like that. My birthday last year i almost went to my parents but i got to the door and couldn't knock on, i just turned around and went home and didn't see anyone at all for the entire day.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2012, 4:17 pm

Played XBox and did my homework... and in that order.