Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2006, 10:59 pm

I don't know what it is, but I really want to work for my own money so I can buy my own things. For example, I volunteered to work an auction next month that I'm getting 300 dollars for, and I'm getting a job at a local waterpark in the summer which is a normal minimum-wage job.

Mainly, I'm working for odd things, such as games, but sometimes, I work for my own school supplies, like right now, I'm saving 50 bucks so I can buy a keyboard attachment to my calculator so I can type notes in class.

My waterpark money is mostly going to my Nintendo Revolution fund (150 bucks I'm saving for now, I may have to scrounge up 200 at most, because knowing Nintendo, that's what it's gonna cost), but I'm also using some of the money to open a website (it has to be a monthly payment, sadly, because I need a host capable of running WordPress, and the cheapest is 5.99 a month, that being Yahoo! Business) and to get a professional podcasting setup (50 bucks for a pro-grade microphone and excellent recording software that has such features as auto Skype-recording for interviews and voice-masking, also for interviews).

So yeah, I'm saving up for a lot, because I have my minor wants (Nintendo Revolution) and I have my major want (to take my blog and transform it into a full-fledged website running WordPress 4.0, with a forum [probably InvisionFree] and Gravatar support and the like).

At this point, I'd be willing to work during the weekends until the school year ends, but my mom won't let me for good reason.

Anyone else trying to get their own money?

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 2:08 am

I get my own money. I show up to work, sit down, do sweet FA, get paid and go home.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 4:28 am

I'm trying to get money, however I don't have a job just yet so I'm not earning alot.. I'm halfway towards getting one..

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 10:45 am

i have a job @ a clothing store. the pay isn't too bad. plus i get discounts!

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2006, 5:49 pm

I'm looking for that dreamjob where I'm doing something challenging away from lots of people. :lol:

Stimshieme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2007, 2:47 pm

tyuui