Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Feb 2012, 11:40 pm

I'm a freshman in highschool and was diagnosed about a year ago. I recently asked out my first girlfriend, we've been going out for about 2 months now. I'm amazed I was able to ask her out but thats not the point. We haven't kissed or held hands and haven't hugged more than twice. I even have trouble talking to her unless I have something important to say, the exception being when I'm on a date with her and there is much less social pressure. I feel the need to kiss her and be more intimate to further our realtionship but I have no clue how. She is also shy and won't make a move on me so for something to happen I have to. My real question is how could I start talking to her more and how should I (if it is even necessary) make a move an kiss her? If it helps I'm scarred to do these things, I tend to say socially stupid things that hurt people so that may be why I'm scarred.

TL:DR - read the last few sentences.

Also sorry for grammar mistakes I'm typing on my phone.

Mithos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 1:58 am

I'm in the same boat. But I've never kissed a girl other then my mother and she died when I was 5, and I've never had a girlfriend. YOU MY FRIEND ARE LUCKY. :(

Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 2:44 am

Do the kissing and whatnot in private and not in front of people. As seriously, social pressure/being hit on in public rather than in a less crowded place can suck/people react different that way and some are REALLLY shy in public and better off in private............

change the location.

Ellingtonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Feb 2012, 3:58 am

There's no easy answer, but a good start would be to stop talking to us about it and start talking to her about it.

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Feb 2012, 8:37 am

Ellingtonia wrote:
start talking to her about it.

That was one of my problems, I don't know what to say to her. Doesn't matter if it's about this (important stuff) or just casual talk because I want to say hi.

Warsie wrote:
Do the kissing and whatnot in private and not in front of people. As seriously, social pressure/being hit on in public rather than in a less crowded place can suck/people react different that way and some are REALLLY shy in public and better off in private.............

I had the same thought, not because of her but I couldn't do it with all the social pressure. How can I tell if she wants me to kiss her and/or what do I do.