Page 10 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 6:19 am

I too have a fear of deep water/swimming. I haven't swum once in my life, and I never want to. I always get anxious in a boat, because I'm afraid I'll fall out and not be able to swim, although I do like being in boats too. :lol: When we went on "field trips" to the pool in school, I was the only one not swimming. :roll:

I don't know if I'd say I have arachnophobia, but they are quite frightening, and sometimes I get hysterical upon seeing them. :oops:

I also fear heights greatly, although I don't think I'd call it an irrational fear for me.

AspieOrNot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2011, 9:35 am

Don't know if it's a phobia but when my older brother used to "land" on me to make me immovable and feel bad, I got panic attacks from being unable to move and/or touching him at that scale. It may be connected to Asperger's as well. The phobia from being burried alive too (I just feel I have it).

DarcVidosa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 May 2011, 6:41 pm

I have hypochondria,
I also have much fear of taking risks,
I also have hyperventilation.
I also fear some words which I am unable to pronounce.
I guess I have some other phobias but I think those are my major fears.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 May 2011, 9:25 pm

Taking risks, and heights elicit great fear in me.

Jpdiffy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2011, 12:54 am

1: Terrible fear of spiders
2: Fear of water (especially deep water)
3: Fear of fish
4: Fear of bugs in general (especially butterflies! YUCK!)
5: Fear of snakes
6: I cannot have things near my neck; I feel like I will choke.
7: Fear of potentially poisonous things, like toothpaste and certain plants
8: Fear of lizards
9: Fear of flying
10: Fear of pictures

DarcVidosa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2011, 3:29 am

O yes I forgot those:
Fear of flying,
I also have trouble with things near my neck,
and when I was little, I used to be obsessive with poisonous thing, I could never use them, and every time we used something like paint or something else, I would ask if it was poisonous if it came on my skin.

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2011, 5:45 pm

Fear of everything that has to do with the word: Fire.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 11:04 am

I'm Acrophobic and somewhat agoraphobic.

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2011, 5:35 pm

roaches

oh and i have hedenophobia, or how ever you spell it..

magicbus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2011, 10:22 pm

Failure, rejection, and embarrassment, mainly. Also agoraphobia.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 2:37 pm

Fires
Bonfires are fine. But building fires and bush fires are really scary, and I just hate the thought of people, animals, or objects getting burnt.

Being sick
I hate being sick. My phobia is so bad that when I know I have a tummy bug, I end up really sweating so much on my neck and back (cold or ''terror'' sweat) that I find I've sweated it all out. It's worked three times in my life since I was about 13.

Spiders
95 percent of people who I know have a phobia of spiders, no doubt. Once there was a big spider in my room, and I was so scared to get rid of it that I started crying as though seeing a spider on my wall was the end of the world.

Embarrassment
OK, this might be under social phobia, but I do have a big fear of being shown up in front of everybody (this might be stage fright too).

Loud sudden noise
I really don't like loud sudden noise. I used to be so worried about the bell when I was at school that I just could not go near one when it was due to ring. The fear was too intense to overcome. I used to have a fear of dogs when I was a child, because I was afraid of the barking, but now I've overcome this fear because now I sort of know before they bark by ''reading'' their body language (also seeing what kind of dog it is).

Teenagers
This is a strange fear, but I think this might come under social phobia too. Teenage girls judge you all the time. If you look nicer than them, they show that they hate you. If you look not as nice as them, they still hate you, but they show signs that they're taking the piss out of you. You just can't win with them. And I don't like being judged - it doesn't do my ego any good.

Snow
This fear causes me to have chronic depression once September comes. I don't like snow because of the ice it causes on the pavements, and the icy roads, and it seems to arse your routines up and everything. I can't be doing with it. Let's just hope and pray it will be a mild winter this year.

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jun 2011, 12:23 pm

I have an incredible fear of doctors, dentists, hygenists, nurses, and anyone wearing a lab coat. Also I hate large crowds of people. I can't take sudden noises

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

Some I forgot:
*cockroaches
*being in the dark inside a house
*cars at night time parked beside a sidewalk
*drowning from getting stuck on a rock underneath the water and running out of air
*getting stuck in the middle of the ocean

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 9:01 pm

chrissyrun wrote:

When the lights are off and I'm all alone, walking around the house, I always feel like something is going to come out of the darkness and get me. 8O

I think a lot of people don't understand the clinical term of the word "phobia" though.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 11:58 pm

dunbots wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:

When the lights are off and I'm all alone, walking around the house, I always feel like something is going to come out of the darkness and get me. 8O

I think a lot of people don't understand the clinical term of the word "phobia" though.

Yes! And if anyone dares to pop out and scare me, since I am so freaked out....I usually hit them. (Normally in teh form of a sibling jumping out and scaring me as they come home).

Do you ever carry around a bat safety?

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 12:52 am

chrissyrun wrote:
dunbots wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:

Yes! And if anyone dares to pop out and scare me, since I am so freaked out....I usually hit them. (Normally in the form of a sibling jumping out and scaring me as they come home).

Do you ever carry around a bat safety?

For me it's mostly an irrational fear, since I feel like some monster is going to get me, and of course they don't exist. :P But for some reason I do it anyways.

No, I just shuffle quickly to my room and close the door. :lol: