Did anyone else use to think they were not human?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

HopefulFlower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2013, 9:05 am

I used to think I was... well a lot of things. I was so stuck on finding myself and fitting in somewhere and because of my AS I was sure I wasn't human-even when I had gotten the diagnosis because I didn't believe I had it. I wanted to believe there was nothing wrong with me like that. So I tried joining groups of those who didn't believe they were human on the internet. I wanted a sense of belonging so bad. Later I had decided to explore mental possibilities for what was wrong with me, but even then I had gone back and forth. Only this month have I accepted I have AS like I was diagnosed. And I haven't been more stable. Anyway my question is-did anyone else use to think they were not human while they were "finding their self"?

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jul 2013, 9:14 am

I actually created a "Character" for myself who is a the offspring of a vulcan father and a klingon mother... does that count?

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 9:52 am

I used to think people around me were aliens and they could read my mind... until two years ago :oops:.

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jul 2013, 10:40 am

I've wondered if I might be an alien or some other non-human creature from time to time. When I little I read a book that talked a bit about fairy changelings, because I felt different I didn't know why this is what I actually thought I was. :lol:
I know now I'm just a human with AS but it's still fun idea to think about, I still get the feeling that I'm on the wrong planet or in the wrong universe though.

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

greyjay
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jul 2013, 11:06 am

I was adopted and loved fairie tales as a child, so I thought I was a changeling. I was constantly exploring the woods trying to find a way back to faire. I continued to identify with changeling stories into high school even though, rationally, I knew I was human. My birth Mom felt simmularly, like a changeling or an alien. It is still our running joke that our family has fairie blood.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 11:48 am

i never cared what i was. i am just me, and whether i am human or something else is irrelevant.
i love animals very much and i feel bolstered by their trust in me, but being a member of the human race (which i am biologically) has never mattered to me.

some people need others to "complete" them. i was always "complete" without any external reinforcement.
i know what i know and feel what i feel based purely on my own subjective experience.

that is one reason that i never got a deep partner. i never needed them. i love tammy because she is lovable, but everyone else can just drive by and i will not feel loneliness that nobody ever stops at my place.

people are too much baggage to know. their opinions and beliefs are theirs, and i do not care what they are.
i like to be me, and i like to be always in my company and that is all i need to be happy.

but i do love tammy because she always loves me even though i am a self absorbed dickhead (in the eyes of many others).

i love that she is innocent and she is almost like my daughter because i feel she surrenders so much of her belief to my way of thinking. i do not have a sexual relationship with her, but i hug her while we sleep in a way that she feels (as she describes) "surrounded by loving approval and care". she feels like she is in heaven when she sleeps in my arms, and i am not a narcissist, but i do like the fact that she gets from me what the rest of the world cruelly denies her.

i will love her fully until i die, and... oh s**t.... i just saw that this is the adolescent forum, so i think i would be well advised to delete this post, but i will not delete it. i will just end it now.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 1:43 pm

Ooo! I didn't know I would be aloud in here with me being an old crow. HAHA! Old Crow what a great user name :D

Sanduru
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2013, 3:49 pm

I've always considered myself an alien. I've always related with them and with superheroes. I liked to think I had special superpowers people can't understand, and I turned into a DC Comics fan. The movie I enjoyed the most in my childhood was Lilo & Stitch, because both characters were as unconventional as me and Lilo lost her parents so I could relate it to the divorce of my parents...

I started to follow Batman, Young Justice and Teen Titans.

Now I'm a Homestuck fan (though it is a martyr for me, too much trolling and difficult words, extense and sinuous writing, new terms and a lot of made up words aren't good for an aspie like me because I've just finished like 5 books in my entire life, though I advance at my own pace with the webcomic), and people started to refer to me as Gamzee. I even cosplayed as him.
Being a gray alien with huge horns was so fun you don't even.

Amberlena
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2013, 8:15 pm

I used to think that I was an alien who had accidentally landed on Earth.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 2:08 am

I thought that I was a more evolved and more superiorly intelligent human being, though in a confident not a narcissistic way, and I still think that I am intellectually and morally superior to most people, and again more in a confident and not a narcissistic way. which at times gets boring when its hard to find someone whose educated enough to understand my ideas, let alone someone who I could in a mutual intellectual conversation with.

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 2:27 pm

I thought I was an alien who was sent to earth to find out as much as I can about humans and their behaviour. I believed that one day the people from my planet will come and bring me back to tell them about the information I found out.

Draka
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2013, 9:52 pm

When I was five, I thought I was a dog or wolf and was quite sure that one day I would turn back into one. When I discovered science fiction at the age of twelve, I was convinced I was an alien and my true people would come back for me. At fourteen, I read The Lord of the Rings and was absolutely positive that I was one of the last existing elves.