Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2009, 5:29 pm

Well to start this off I am new to the forums :) , however after reading some of the other forums.. I already fill allot more welcomed. Now to the question, I am an Aspie (15 years of age Male) and I do have a therapist/therapy going on somewhere around a total of 3 years, 4 different places, and no changes what so ever except my diagnosis. I have school phobia as they put it, severe depression yet again as they put it, and to top it all off, anxiety.... oh sry it's severe anxiety, so yeah my life is what you would call confusing and a "shock and ah" at every other corner. Dad is somewhere in the middle east (USMC come up to his 20 year mark) at least until sometime in either April or may I don't know any more :roll:, Mom is a stay at home mom, have a beautiful sister (younger than me just started school), and a wonderful house tons of items, if I had to guess probably over $10,000 worth of items in my room its big I like it :D , so yeah no problems there. My mother has a hard time with emotions and when sad, down, or any bad mood, she uses anger to if you will rid of it. Well she’s said something nothing horrid, but she pretty much doesn’t believe that I actually am scared to go into or near a classroom ( no I don't mind admitting it), or that I am rude sometimes not because I want to be, but because I am sort of naïve about anything social, and now it's come to the point where I’m pretty much alone, she is starting to question allot of what I do as if I’m going to blow the house up :? , yells at me when I can't get into the school, and with the last class I couldn't stay in (mainly because of the utter "chaos" that went on in the room) being my forth attempt that I yet again failed on, she pretty much says it's because I’m "scared to even try and that I fear the class ( the way she's says it, she really means I’m a "wimp" if I spelled that right). So to recap the wonderful life of mine :( , Dads half way across the world, sister is clueless of what’s going on, mom thinks I’m faking it and not trying, and last there’s "ME" alone, depressed even more, feeling really small right now, scared ********, oh and forgot to mention I also have IBS ( Irritable bowel system, in other words my stomach is weak with some food and is great friends with the bathroom :oops: ), so my stomach is churning, and I really don't know how to feel right now. Any and all comments/suggestions/ ect..... would be appreciated, and I will just put an advance Thanks out there.

Albert Einstein

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 5:32 pm

Wow, I didn't know there was such a thing as school phobia...as you described it, that must be what I have too. My mum misunderstands as well, thinks I'm just being lazy.

y es como un semestre"

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2009, 5:37 pm

Well thx nice too know im not the only one :) , yeah no clue why or how i got it, but i have school phobia, really annoying to because i don't know what would help, neither does my Pshychiatrist 8O , yeah thats almost more shocking than the phobia its self (lol)

Albert Einstein

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 5:42 pm

I was going to be transferred to a special group where there would only be a few people in the class. But then it turned out they can't do that after all. :( I'm never believing anything a social worker says again.

y es como un semestre"

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 5:48 pm

Would your mother be open to you doing online schooling?

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 6:07 pm

welcome to the forum dude! you can find a lot of support on these forums !

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2009, 7:04 pm

Thx for the greet, i apologize for the lack of info, i am doing online classes, however learning spanish and Aljebra 2...... not so easy so i also have to goto tutoring which is even more of a stresser for me but its going ok or i should say its getting better.

Albert Einstein

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 7:34 pm

NomadicAssassin wrote:
Thx for the greet, i apologize for the lack of info, i am doing online classes, however learning spanish and Aljebra 2...... not so easy so i also have to goto tutoring which is even more of a stresser for me but its going ok or i should say its getting better.

spanish and algebra 2? good for you nomadic!! !

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2009, 8:34 pm

I may have Aspergers and severe this that and the other but, it doesn’t mean i can't continue on with my goal of becoming an Aeronautical Engineer or a IT-Technician 8) , I won't lie my life is not one of the happiest, but I certainly still hold the asperger title "Little Professor", well not so little :lol:

Albert Einstein

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 11:57 pm

NomadicAssassin wrote:
I may have Aspergers and severe this that and the other but, it doesn’t mean i can't continue on with my goal of becoming an Aeronautical Engineer or a IT-Technician 8) , I won't lie my life is not one of the happiest, but I certainly still hold the asperger title "Little Professor", well not so little :lol:

Would you like me to give you the email of an aeronautical engineer on another forum? he builds Guillows aeroplanes and converts them to radio control. I'm sure he'll drop you a few lines of advice if he has time ( i do not know the guy in real life though)

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 7:21 am

And if you move to my country, all you need is getting straight 'A's to be an aeronautical engineer. Or, to be more specific, you can enter the aeronautical engineering course with just grades.

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2009, 9:38 pm

Well, time went by and sure enough i have another question, perferably towards any body with High Functioning Aspergers Syndrome; body language, social que's, and if u will understanding terms..... has anybody self taught them selfs on how to ... well ...not fix those issues, because there is nothing to fix, but reteach how you react to certain things, or did you have to have another person (aka Therapist, ect.....) walk you through that path, or ... im new to this so i may be wrong, but is there a way to reteach it ? or is it just something you get use to ? :?:

Albert Einstein

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 10:01 pm

you can learn to shake hands and ask and answer questions like "how are you" and "what's up" more or less normally. but you have to practice a lot. in fact, you would need to practice with 10 people every day for a few weeks in order to improve just a little. maybe you can practice shaking hands with family?

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 10:04 pm

Just bear in mind that true friends will accept yo for whatever you are.

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2009, 11:02 pm

Yeah, its really only a problem because my Mom and Dad, are not neccesarly nuts when it come to respect towards other adults and what have you, but they are very ticked when i have a odd or rude expressions on my face, or look down while there talking (not because i want to, but i do it to hide the apparently misunderstood reactions to them). So it cause lots of yelling mainly at me and im stuburn, however i got that stuburness from both of them because they both are so yeah, we end up with nice arguments of butting-heads together alot, and im the child not the adult so i always loose.... even if i am write, yeah that sucks... i hate that aspect of not beinning an adult :evil: .

Albert Einstein

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2009, 12:13 am

ruennsheng wrote:
Just bear in mind that true friends will accept yo for whatever you are.
People like that are just a dream in my world. I've always tried but been a second favorite friend at worst.