A woman was rude to me and I'm not feeling well

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 7:50 pm

I was very happy today. I had a lot of things to do, but I woke up early and was very productive. I had some papers to digitalize, as they were large format I should go to the university to use their scanner, as my campus is far, I decided to go to a printing shop to get this done. I went there, the woman said she would finish it by 4PM and send me to e-mail.

I went there, it wasn't ready, I came back by 5PM, it was done, but she said she couldn't send it to e-mail because her provider wouldn't allow files bigger than 20MB, so she copied it to my USB drive. When I got home, the folder she had copied was empty, I think she didn't wait for the transfer to be completed.

I call them because it was raining, so I wanted to confirm that she hadn't deleted the archives so I wouldn't lost my trip. She told me the archives were there, that I could just go to catch it. I went there, I took my laptop so I could confirm the archive right there.

When I arrived, she told me she was going to look for the archives because she had deleted them, because she would see if she could restore them. I asked her why she didn't told me that, why she made me go there for nothing like an idiot, I called exactly because I wanted to avoid it and she just lied on the phone.

She told me I was rude, that I called her an idiot (I didn't, I said she made me act like an idiot) and that she didn't want to do this work anymore. I told her she must do it as she had told she would, it was already 6PM, so the other places were already closing, I wouldn't have time. She could recover some files, but not all of it... she didn't want to return my money, because it was my fault she couldn't send the archives on e-mail and that the drive didn't worked. I had confirmed my e-mail, it was right, she had mentioned before about their mail problem.

I felt very sad that she was trying to blame me, that she called me rude, and that I couldn't manage to get my things done. It happened 3 hours ago and I'm still sad with it. I'm very used of people being nice to me, I can't deal with people being rude.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 7:53 pm

Should I file a complaint? I'm afraid of going there and she acting rude to me again, also I think it would be pointless and make me spend more energy about it.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:35 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
I was very happy today. I had a lot of things to do, but I woke up early and was very productive. I had some papers to digitalize, as they were large format I should go to the university to use their scanner, as my campus is far, I decided to go to a printing shop to get this done. I went there, the woman said she would finish it by 4PM and send me to e-mail.

I went there, it wasn't ready, I came back by 5PM, it was done, but she said she couldn't send it to e-mail because her provider wouldn't allow files bigger than 20MB, so she copied it to my USB drive. When I got home, the folder she had copied was empty, I think she didn't wait for the transfer to be completed.

I call them because it was raining, so I wanted to confirm that she hadn't deleted the archives so I wouldn't lost my trip. She told me the archives were there, that I could just go to catch it. I went there, I took my laptop so I could confirm the archive right there.

When I arrived, she told me she was going to look for the archives because she had deleted them, because she would see if she could restore them. I asked her why she didn't told me that, why she made me go there for nothing like an idiot, I called exactly because I wanted to avoid it and she just lied on the phone.

She told me I was rude, that I called her an idiot (I didn't, I said she made me act like an idiot) and that she didn't want to do this work anymore. I told her she must do it as she had told she would, it was already 6PM, so the other places were already closing, I wouldn't have time. She could recover some files, but not all of it... she didn't want to return my money, because it was my fault she couldn't send the archives on e-mail and that the drive didn't worked. I had confirmed my e-mail, it was right, she had mentioned before about their mail problem.

I felt very sad that she was trying to blame me, that she called me rude, and that I couldn't manage to get my things done. It happened 3 hours ago and I'm still sad with it. I'm very used of people being nice to me, I can't deal with people being rude.

She sounds inept and refuses to take responsibility. Yes, I would tell her boss.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 2:41 am

sounds like the real need to complain it. are there cameras or something? its not just rude or sassy behaviour its way beyond the border of scam. sadly s**t like this happens, and its not a guarantee that u get to punish her too (because her boss might not care as long as money are in). but its worth trying.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 6:32 am

She was not being professional. You have a right to complain.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Oct 2018, 6:41 am

I'd complain but I like to rant about things when I get p!ssed off. It helps me release my anger & get it out of my system.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 8:32 am

You need to grow a thicker skin, you may face way worse people in life.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 11:00 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The OP was paying for a service and the worker failed to deliver and then tried to blame it on the customer. That is not acceptable anywhere.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 11:29 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The OP was paying for a service and the worker failed to deliver and then tried to blame it on the customer. That is not acceptable anywhere.

Yes and this happens a lot, but it doesn't deserve a thread in the haven.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 12:03 pm

It was not your fault that this happened. File a complaint if you ever cross paths with this woman again.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 1:05 pm

Sorry your experience was not nice Itcvnzl, hope you are feeling better about it. I would only complain if not doing

so would keep you from getting over it. Usually I feel it's best to let these things go as soon as possible. I wouldn't

go back there though

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 3:21 pm

I used to let these sorts of things go, but these days I really think that it's better to not let people get away with being such jerks, especially if they are supposed to be professional. If you don't do anything, they will just say "phew, I got away with it" and will carry on with their lives being a jerk, and they won't notice or care if you don't go into their store any more.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 4:28 pm

Thank you all for the support. I decided not go back there to complain because I didn't want to stress with it again. There was other people on the shop that day, and nobody took action either.

I know there is a lot of rude people out there, and I know there is people facing worst... my point on posting it here was because as much it sounded like a small thing it affected me a lot, I spent hours having difficult to concentrate on my things because I was thinking and rethinking what happened, I really got out my center, as she distorted my words and tried to blame me.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 5:11 pm

bad things happen. and many of us are thin to such stuff. its not just u. tho i'd give her hell right there xd

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 8:15 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
Thank you all for the support. I decided not go back there to complain because I didn't want to stress with it again. There was other people on the shop that day, and nobody took action either.

I know there is a lot of rude people out there, and I know there is people facing worst... my point on posting it here was because as much it sounded like a small thing it affected me a lot, I spent hours having difficult to concentrate on my things because I was thinking and rethinking what happened, I really got out my center, as she distorted my words and tried to blame me.

There is nothing wrong with posting this thread in the Haven. If a situation like this got to you, that's OK. It would have got to me too. It's good to share thoughts and feelings here, that's what the Haven is for.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 10:03 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I used to let these sorts of things go, but these days I really think that it's better to not let people get away with being such jerks, especially if they are supposed to be professional. If you don't do anything, they will just say "phew, I got away with it" and will carry on with their lives being a jerk, and they won't notice or care if you don't go into their store any more.

Exactly this-
You have to make the person realize there are repercussions, however minute- not only that but alert others that such behaviour and attitude 1. Exists 2. Is not to be tolerated

My ex law clerk lied about me and I made sure to make it explicit and clearly known to her boss (my lawyer) who also it turbed out was lying to me about important things to get me to go to court/

So me n my brother wrote reviews sbt it in detail on the lawyer rating website /

such things need to be conplained about n displayed to others so others know to avoid them or so they learn they cannot get away with it