Uncle trying to guilt trip us...

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 8:02 pm

Basically as I said before, my uncle and Aunt want me and my husband to pay for a dumpster and also October rent for my uncle's trailer (even though we didn't live there in October and our name wasn't on the lease, he didn't live there either, he broke his lease and moved out and his sister the manager let him). Anyway this month I told my aunt I couldn't afford a 50 dollar payment toward this and she made it sound like she understood our situation and it was okay...

Anyway my uncle just messaged me... He was claiming a "compliance officer" was looking for him because the payment wasn't made. And it's our fault he got in trouble because when we had all that SSI backpay money out of the goodness of our heart we should have payed it all for him .. but everyone we've talked to have said in this situation we do not owe money and it's my uncle's responsibility. Is he trying to guilt trip us or be manipulative?

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 8:14 pm

manipulate, extort... all wrong. being preyed on when allready down is terrible. sorry its happening to u, and sorry i cant write a proper post on it( s**t state atm.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 8:37 pm

Angnix wrote:
... everyone we've talked to have said in this situation we do not owe money and it's my uncle's responsibility. Is he trying to guilt trip us or be manipulative?
You do NOT owe your uncle any money.

His situation is NOT your fault.

Your uncle IS trying to manipulate you.

Do NOT give him any money.

I strongly suggest that you do not speak to him, and that you ignore his calls and messages from now on. Block his calls and messages, if possible.

In my opinion, your uncle is a leach, a parasite, the cause of many of your financial and personal problems, and that the sooner you cut him completely out of your life, the better off you will be.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 8:44 pm

I also suggest you ignore him.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 9:07 pm

We've been telling you this for a long time: GO NO CONTACT with this despicable man.

That means you block his texts, phone calls and emails. Do you not see how he is harming your mental health?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 9:18 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
We've been telling you this for a long time: GO NO CONTACT with this despicable man.

That means you block his texts, phone calls and emails. Do you not see how he is harming your mental health?

I'm ignoring him, but if I argue with him or try to defend myself, he starts telling bad things about me to my family members and they believe him... Anyway he really wasn't in the mood to fight... My aunt's husband just had a heart attack today (one of her brother's had a heart attack last week!) So everyone is focused on/upset about those heart attacks in the family so close together.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 9:33 pm

Then don't argue with him.

Stardust Parade
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2019, 2:04 pm

Stop responding to him. Block all contact with him.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 4:36 pm

IGNORE calls from your uncle.

HANG UP if he calls on a different line.

DO NOT FEED the troll!!

DO NOT ENGAGE the enemy!!