Dear "You"...From "Me"-Letters Unsent

Page 283 of 283 [ 4240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 279, 280, 281, 282, 283

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 4:10 pm

Dear people who I've upset. (Anywhere, anytime).

I'm dreadfully sorry I have upset you. I do that sometimes even though most of the time I never intend to upset anyone. Sometimes it has been known when I've been hurt that I have on the moment intended to say something hurtful, but this is because I was upset.
I have since grown out of this mostly.
Please, please, please... If you see something that I say or write that upsets you, I rarely ever intend to upset anyone. Please laugh it off and forgive me. Thanks.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 11:04 am

To You --

You divorced me to marry the boyfriend you had been sleeping with. You took the kids, the house, and all of our joint savings. Your boyfriend convinced my employer to dismiss me. I was left homeless, jobless, and (thanks to your public histrionics) friendless, as well.

After 30+ years of practically no contact, I find out that you are a cancer survivor, a diabetic, and in the first stages of senile dementia or "Alzheimers".

You may think I should feel something ... but, no ... I feel only a slight sense of irritation that you should have your cousin "accidentally" mention all of this (and more) when he "accidentally" bumped into me near my office (he lives and works 2000 miles away ... some "accident", huh?). Why should I feel anything else?

At least I can derive some joy from the fact that I "dodged the bullet", so to speak, because it is your husband (not me) who gets stuck with your medical bills and funeral expenses after you're gone.

You ruined my life, and I had to start over from nothing. No thanks to you, I was able to recover (and then some) from poverty in the intervening years -- I'm only thankful that you had no part in any of that, whatsoever.

Die or die not. There are no tears.

-- From Me.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 1:24 pm

I forgive all of you for misunderstanding me but I'm leaving. Probably not leaving WP but I can afford to abandon my life now & it seems like the feeling is mutual.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 3:54 am

Don't assume the ages of strangers, I'm 31. Also in a world where autistic people can't get work and rich boys get to be pm and president and pms who shut down parliament - I really personally don't care if our local kids decide to skip school or not. Not like they're guaranteed work anyway. I was a swot with good grades and an MA and I got so few interviews.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 3:57 am

Dear sadistic psychopathic evil fickers

I wish you would stop, we are going backwards now, its reducing a freedom we have cherished. Freedom from fear. That stupid poxy fear is returning, no one wants it, that is no one in their right mind. This crap doesnt represent us, both sides.

I hope im right that we (not ye) can pull together and not be divided again.

Me

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 10:48 am

Dear Me. I don't know what to do. From Me.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:40 am

Dear You,

I'm going to miss you so much that I'm in shutdown mode just thinking about your departure. I'm sorry if I can't express it verbally or if I go mute like a hunk of cement when we talk about your travel. You bring so much joy to the family and you always have, it's hard to picture another Christmas without you home. Last night I was thinking that Grampy would be so proud of you. I'm sure he'd be astonished, as we all are, about your tenacity and your talent. We are so honoured that you came into our lives and made them sing.

I'm sure that you'll land on your feet but I want those feet to bounce you back soon, so we can see you again. We will all miss you more than we can say.

I love you to the moon and back.

Auntie Me

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 3:12 pm

I never saw your niceness before, I didn't recognise you were being nice to me. I'm sorry I was so horrible and messed you about, so many times. It was destructive.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:31 pm

I'm really sorry if my need for solitude ever detracted from what you needed. I'm not even really sure how to phrase this.

I miss my friend & I hope she's in a good place.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2019, 9:17 pm

Hey K,

You're brilliant, you're gonna figure this out, and you got this no problem.
Get it, girl.

-You

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits