Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 4:44 pm

My emotions have always been too strong... I hate it...

My tire went flat and my uncle is being a jerk and won't help me and I have no money and I'm supposed to have a hospital test tomorrow morning... That I had to cancel because nobody would take me...

A normal person would just say "oh well", but even on the strong mood medication I am on... I'm tearing up...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 5:37 pm

That sort of thing is actually what a normal person would feel stressed about too.

I get stressed about trivial things that a normal person wouldn't.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 5:47 pm

A “normal” person would be pretty upset about what you went through, too.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2020, 6:43 pm

Angnix wrote:

My tire went flat and my uncle is being a jerk and won't help me and I have no money and I'm supposed to have a hospital test tomorrow morning... That I had to cancel because nobody would take me...

A normal person would just say "oh well", but even on the strong mood medication I am on... I'm tearing up...

I know how it feels. I used to have strong emotions too and hated it. I couldn't believe how much easier things were once I overcame them. No one can really understand unless they suffered from them. I hope you find out what's causing your strong emotions so you no longer have to suffer from it and can start benefiting from and enjoying your emotions like I do now.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:10 pm

AAA

Uber

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 12:09 am

Angnix wrote:

Stay off the caffeine.
Seriously.
No coffee,
No tea,
No chocolate.

It heightens the entire emotional spectrum,
And it inhibits rational thought.
It is a bloody nightmare when you are feeling down.

Google. ;)

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:10 am

I got unexpected money today and the tire fixed... But my uncle is so ticked off with me for some reason... When I showed up, he got angry and left... I don't know why he's acting like that... Anyway I hope I get a job where I'll have to move because I can't put up with that attitude anymore...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:32 am

Angnix wrote:
I got unexpected money today and the tire fixed... But my uncle is so ticked off with me for some reason...
Just a wild, yet snarky guess here, but maybe he's upset that you didn't give the money to him, instead.

My late father pulled something like that once ... made a big deal that I had spent my first paycheck on things that I needed for school, instead of signing my entire paycheck over to him so that he could give back to me what he thought I needed ... and also so that he could spend the rest on beer and cigarettes ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 5:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
Angnix wrote:
I got unexpected money today and the tire fixed... But my uncle is so ticked off with me for some reason...
Just a wild, yet snarky guess here, but maybe he's upset that you didn't give the money to him, instead.

My late father pulled something like that once ... made a big deal that I had spent my first paycheck on things that I needed for school, instead of signing my entire paycheck over to him so that he could give back to me what he thought I needed ... and also so that he could spend the rest on beer and cigarettes ...

OR: he was angry because she independently solved a problem when he was enjoying seeing her “under his power.” Some fathers are malignantly sadistic. Maybe uncles too. :(

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 6:07 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Angnix wrote:
Just a wild, yet snarky guess here, but maybe he's upset that you didn't give the money to him, instead.  My late father pulled something like that once ... made a big deal that I had spent my first paycheck on things that I needed for school, instead of signing my entire paycheck over to him so that he could give back to me what he thought I needed ... and also so that he could spend the rest on beer and cigarettes ...
OR: he was angry because she independently solved a problem when he was enjoying seeing her “under his power.” Some fathers are malignantly sadistic. Maybe uncles too.
Nothing a power-tripping "parent" ever does surprises me any more.

@Angnix: I sincerely believe that your life would change for the better if you would only cut your uncle completely out of your life forever -- no ifs, ands, buts, or excuses.

@All: I am sorry if my posts in this thread are inappropriate for The Haven.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:03 pm

I'm waiting to hear from one job I really want... That federal job closed yesterday and maybe this week I'll find out if I get an interview... I should, I applied to it non-competitivly through Schedule A, I'm assuming I'll at least get through to the hiring authority because I should meet minimum qualifications.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:16 pm

Oh, Angnix, I am so hoping for a great outcome for you. :heart:

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:29 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Oh, Angnix, I am so hoping for a great outcome for you. :heart:

I'm very interested because I found out through a FB live video from a local bird group that that wildlife refuge south of Detroit I applied to also puts on the local Hawkwatch, a hawk migration counting a site, and I worked at a place like that a long time ago... I know a lot about raptor id, it was sad I didn't get that Connecticut raptor job, but one within Michigan but another part of Michigan would be cool!! !

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:35 pm

Oh... And after fixing the tire, I turned the wrong way and then saw a juvenile Broad-winged Hawk with a snake in its mouth flying across the country road... I had my camera on me, I stopped and took a picture of it when it landed in a tree... I posted it in several raptor and wildlife groups... I'll set it as a future avatar...

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 12:57 pm

Waiting to see the pic :D

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 1:58 pm

So hoping you get that job, Ang! Can't wait to see this future avatar! I agree with Fnord on cutting your Uncle from your life ... you deserve far better treatment and supportive care from family! X