Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 4:44 pm

My emotions have always been too strong... I hate it...

My tire went flat and my uncle is being a jerk and won't help me and I have no money and I'm supposed to have a hospital test tomorrow morning... That I had to cancel because nobody would take me...

A normal person would just say "oh well", but even on the strong mood medication I am on... I'm tearing up...

Mmmmmm Snake!
Broad-winged Hawk
Southern Michigan
Picture edited and taken my me!! !

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD Level 1 2/6/2020

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 5:37 pm

That sort of thing is actually what a normal person would feel stressed about too.

I get stressed about trivial things that a normal person wouldn't.

Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 5:47 pm

A “normal” person would be pretty upset about what you went through, too.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2020, 6:43 pm

Angnix wrote:

My tire went flat and my uncle is being a jerk and won't help me and I have no money and I'm supposed to have a hospital test tomorrow morning... That I had to cancel because nobody would take me...

A normal person would just say "oh well", but even on the strong mood medication I am on... I'm tearing up...

I know how it feels. I used to have strong emotions too and hated it. I couldn't believe how much easier things were once I overcame them. No one can really understand unless they suffered from them. I hope you find out what's causing your strong emotions so you no longer have to suffer from it and can start benefiting from and enjoying your emotions like I do now.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:10 pm

AAA

Uber

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 12:09 am

Angnix wrote:

Stay off the caffeine.
Seriously.
No coffee,
No tea,
No chocolate.

It heightens the entire emotional spectrum,
And it inhibits rational thought.
It is a bloody nightmare when you are feeling down.

Google. ;)

And one more thing,

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:10 am

I got unexpected money today and the tire fixed... But my uncle is so ticked off with me for some reason... When I showed up, he got angry and left... I don't know why he's acting like that... Anyway I hope I get a job where I'll have to move because I can't put up with that attitude anymore...

Mmmmmm Snake!
Broad-winged Hawk
Southern Michigan

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:32 am

Angnix wrote:
I got unexpected money today and the tire fixed... But my uncle is so ticked off with me for some reason...
Just a wild, yet snarky guess here, but maybe he's upset that you didn't give the money to him, instead.

My late father pulled something like that once ... made a big deal that I had spent my first paycheck on things that I needed for school, instead of signing my entire paycheck over to him so that he could give back to me what he thought I needed ... and also so that he could spend the rest on beer and cigarettes ...

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 5:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
Angnix wrote:
I got unexpected money today and the tire fixed... But my uncle is so ticked off with me for some reason...
Just a wild, yet snarky guess here, but maybe he's upset that you didn't give the money to him, instead.

My late father pulled something like that once ... made a big deal that I had spent my first paycheck on things that I needed for school, instead of signing my entire paycheck over to him so that he could give back to me what he thought I needed ... and also so that he could spend the rest on beer and cigarettes ...

OR: he was angry because she independently solved a problem when he was enjoying seeing her “under his power.” Some fathers are malignantly sadistic. Maybe uncles too. :(

usually hold tighter.

Threnody, Dorothy Parker
as modified by David Tamulovich

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 6:07 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Angnix wrote:
Just a wild, yet snarky guess here, but maybe he's upset that you didn't give the money to him, instead.  My late father pulled something like that once ... made a big deal that I had spent my first paycheck on things that I needed for school, instead of signing my entire paycheck over to him so that he could give back to me what he thought I needed ... and also so that he could spend the rest on beer and cigarettes ...
OR: he was angry because she independently solved a problem when he was enjoying seeing her “under his power.” Some fathers are malignantly sadistic. Maybe uncles too.
Nothing a power-tripping "parent" ever does surprises me any more.

@Angnix: I sincerely believe that your life would change for the better if you would only cut your uncle completely out of your life forever -- no ifs, ands, buts, or excuses.

@All: I am sorry if my posts in this thread are inappropriate for The Haven.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:03 pm

I'm waiting to hear from one job I really want... That federal job closed yesterday and maybe this week I'll find out if I get an interview... I should, I applied to it non-competitivly through Schedule A, I'm assuming I'll at least get through to the hiring authority because I should meet minimum qualifications.

Mmmmmm Snake!
Broad-winged Hawk
Southern Michigan

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:16 pm

Oh, Angnix, I am so hoping for a great outcome for you. :heart:

usually hold tighter.

Threnody, Dorothy Parker
as modified by David Tamulovich

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:29 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Oh, Angnix, I am so hoping for a great outcome for you. :heart:

I'm very interested because I found out through a FB live video from a local bird group that that wildlife refuge south of Detroit I applied to also puts on the local Hawkwatch, a hawk migration counting a site, and I worked at a place like that a long time ago... I know a lot about raptor id, it was sad I didn't get that Connecticut raptor job, but one within Michigan but another part of Michigan would be cool!! !

Mmmmmm Snake!
Broad-winged Hawk
Southern Michigan

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 7:35 pm

Oh... And after fixing the tire, I turned the wrong way and then saw a juvenile Broad-winged Hawk with a snake in its mouth flying across the country road... I had my camera on me, I stopped and took a picture of it when it landed in a tree... I posted it in several raptor and wildlife groups... I'll set it as a future avatar...

Mmmmmm Snake!
Broad-winged Hawk
Southern Michigan

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 12:57 pm

Waiting to see the pic :D

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 1:58 pm

So hoping you get that job, Ang! Can't wait to see this future avatar! I agree with Fnord on cutting your Uncle from your life ... you deserve far better treatment and supportive care from family! X