Do I still have friends here? What do I need to do better?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 6:04 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Ugh, I hate depression attacks!

You're always welcome here on WP and you're a good friend here. I like you. :)

I often have dreams about being bullied by the kids who bullied me at school. Throughout the dream I feel sad, lonely, isolated and depressed.

Thank you, Joe.

Why were the kids so mean to you?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 6:13 pm

You'll always be a good friend and will always have a strong presence here on WP! :D

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 6:40 pm

Marknis wrote:
Thank you, OutsideView. I really don’t like being depressed and wish dysthymia was more easily treatable.

It's hard to deal with when your own mind is sabotaging how you feel. Everything you do to consciously fight it seems to get undermined subconsciously.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 9:06 am

Marknis wrote:

Kids have always tended to be mean to kids who were different in whatever way, alas.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 10:06 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Kids have always tended to be mean to kids who were different in whatever way, alas.

Only when I was a teenager. I think it was because I was more socially immature than the others and I didn't make much of an effort with my appearance either. I'd come to school with greasy hair and unshaved legs. Also I'd do stupid, embarrassing things like scratch all the dandruff out of my hair to make it shower on to my lap - in class. So no wonder they picked on me.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 6:00 am

Marknis wrote:
I really do need to distract myself with something. I also haven’t been getting good amounts of rest and having a nightmare didn’t help. I wish my mind would be kind to me when I am asleep.

Sorry to hear that Marknis. Can’t you try and think of something positive? Change your medication? Avoid caffeine ect

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 12:10 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I really do need to distract myself with something. I also haven’t been getting good amounts of rest and having a nightmare didn’t help. I wish my mind would be kind to me when I am asleep.

Sorry to hear that Marknis. Can’t you try and think of something positive? Change your medication? Avoid caffeine ect

I’ll devote some time to reading after work and I’ll avoid caffeine for a while.

Joe90 wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Only when I was a teenager. I think it was because I was more socially immature than the others and I didn't make much of an effort with my appearance either. I'd come to school with greasy hair and unshaved legs. Also I'd do stupid, embarrassing things like scratch all the dandruff out of my hair to make it shower on to my lap - in class. So no wonder they picked on me.

I wouldn’t have had a problem with those things. I like girls who have greasy hair since it gives off the ‘rocker gal’ look about them and I have body hair so I am in no business to judge anyone else’s body hair. Sorry others didn’t share that appreciation.

I would sometimes put hair gel on my head and some stupid homophobic bullies said I had semen in my hair. :roll: I don’t use hair gel anymore but not for that reason. It would feel uncomfortable and interfere with the feathering effect on my hair which helps my receding hairline.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

12 Apr 2021, 1:09 pm

Marknis wrote:
I like girls who have greasy hair since it gives off the ‘rocker gal’ look about them and I have body hair so I am in no business to judge anyone else’s body hair.

That's funny, when I was watching Quadrophenia the other day one of the mods complained about the rockers having long greasy hair and I thought "What's so bad about that?" :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 1:55 pm

I hate the smell of my hair when it's greasy.

I'd like a woman to want to stroke my hair, and to think my hair smells nice.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

12 Apr 2021, 2:20 pm

^ That's nice :)