Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Apr 2021, 6:08 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
I have an obsessive personality.

If I start doing something I do too much of it.

Even visiting WP is a problem. While I'm here I spend way too much time here. Doing it in moderation is difficult.

Well Atleast You Have a Safe Addiction . Could Be Worse Like Chronic Masturbation or Hard Drugs .

i Think Visiting WP isnt a Bad Thing .. Even in Excess . You Atleast in Seek of Info / Interaction / Understanding . Its Also a Good Testimant To The Deep Resource WP Actually is .

I've Been A Frequent User of a Few Forums Over The Years . The Main Problem Was Collective Mindsets & Reduced Quality of My Experience Where I Had To Just Close Account .

Visiting WP is Actually Like a Tuition . Plus Chances Are Because its Focused On Specific Commonality .. You Will Gain Great Personal Growth and Insight From Your Interactions 8)

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 7:22 pm

cbd wrote:
Could Be Worse Like Chronic Masturbation

<.<

>.>

<.<

>.>

Why are you looking at me?

I seem to have found the solution to the the problem I stated in this thread. :wink:

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2021, 3:55 am

I was going to start a thread named "reminder to myself", but it seemed like overkill, and appropriate enough to post here instead, I hope you don't mind.

Reminder to myself: Too many dead-end rabbit holes. May is no-forum month.

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2021, 11:44 am

Got my blood test results today. Slightly elevated thyroid hormone levels again (causes hypomania symptoms, like restlessness, irritability, obsessive thinking and disregard for proper sleep). This explains a lot. The last time this happened, it was also during a "foruming phase", and I was also having trouble taking my mind off of unimportant discussions that kept spiraling in my head (especially at night when I'm supposed to be going to sleep), and getting confrontational in ways that I normally wouldn't.

My first guess would have been that the mental stress of trying to interact with humans would have caused the physiological change, but considering that I've been taking a lower hormone dose since then and my hormone levels have only increased since the initial adjustment, it looks like the obsessive foruming (and probably even the impulse to go talk to strangers on the internet at all in the first place) is actually a symptom instead.

You were asking some time ago about what depression was and you couldn't understand it, right? Assuming you were talking about discomfort with your own mental state, it could be some sort of hypomania instead. If you suspect that it might be so, then that would be something to keep in mind and ask your doctor about next time you go see one.