Those who used to respond positively but no longer do

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 2:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Most married people are ambivalent about being married; many wish they had the freedom of being single again.

Yep - here's what you say to someone who finally gets rid of a high-maintenance wife or girlfriend: "oh, well - she's somebody else's problem now!"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 5:45 pm

I also am hoping one day you will have a girlfriend, Brother Marknis.

Last edited by AnonymousAnonymous on 15 Apr 2021, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 5:46 pm

My older brother always rejected women who were, in his view, nice because he thought going for a high maintenance woman was a “challenge”. When I listened to him say that, I said in my mind “No, you are just an idiot.”

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Apr 2021, 1:45 am

Marknis wrote:
My older brother always rejected women who were, in his view, nice because he thought going for a high maintenance woman was a “challenge”. When I listened to him say that, I said in my mind “No, you are just an idiot.”
Depends what "nice" mean in this context.
If it's a synonym for meek and never expressing disagreement, then it's not as stupid as it looks.
If he just enjoys fights and drama... that's his life, lol.

I definitely prefer "reasonable" over "nice".

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 2:13 am

magz wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Depends what "nice" mean in this context.
If it's a synonym for meek and never expressing disagreement, then it's not as stupid as it looks.
If he just enjoys fights and drama... that's his life, lol.

I definitely prefer "reasonable" over "nice".

Vocabulary failed me at the time. They were women who liked more interesting music than what women in my culture normally go for and wanted meaningful conversations instead of the ones who were “super girly”. He rejected smart women but on the same token, he called the “super girly” women he dated “dumb sluts” and had nothing in common with them since he only cared when they opened their legs for him.

I honestly hated how even when he had a girlfriend, other women would flirt on him even though I was single and in the same room with him. He would even tell them “Get away, b***h.” but they would find it “hot”.
I think if I said that, I would probably be called an as*hole.

If the speed dating event happens this summer and I fail at it, I’ll probably lose my sanity.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Apr 2021, 2:45 am

Again, you're gambling with your sanity and that's extremely dangerous.

What can you do to take a bit of control over your happiness and sanity?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 6:10 am

It’s better to be alone then with the wrong person Marknis. Also you can’t rely on someone else to make you happy. Still I hope you’ll meet people and I wish you well. I hope it gives you the opportunity to talk to women and become more confident. Only thing i wouldn't mention if i was you, is how depressed you feel about being single, incase it sounds like you're desperate and it can be off putting, of course it's understandable that people get lonely or need to talk about how they feel but if i was you, best to stick with talking about hobbies and interests.

In regards to your brother,I just don’t understand why someone in an unhappy marriage would go on to have another kid. Perplexes me. Same goes if someone says they hate there wife or husband or moan about them when separated it means they secretly still have feelings for them .Often those that act hostile or moan about there ex or partner, normally have feelings still or maybe they were dumped by them , even if they made out they did the breaking up.

Congrats though on having another niece or nephew on the way and i hope your husband and sister in law will resolve things. It's good that if he's approached by women, he tells them he's not interested.

Let us know how you get on with the speed dating! It’ll give you a confidence boost and good for you for getting out of your comfort zone and getting out there . Have fun Marknis.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 4:35 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
It’s better to be alone then with the wrong person Marknis. Also you can’t rely on someone else to make you happy. Still I hope you’ll meet people and I wish you well. I hope it gives you the opportunity to talk to women and become more confident. Only thing i wouldn't mention if i was you, is how depressed you feel about being single, incase it sounds like you're desperate and it can be off putting, of course it's understandable that people get lonely or need to talk about how they feel but if i was you, best to stick with talking about hobbies and interests.

In regards to your brother,I just don’t understand why someone in an unhappy marriage would go on to have another kid. Perplexes me. Same goes if someone says they hate there wife or husband or moan about them when separated it means they secretly still have feelings for them .Often those that act hostile or moan about there ex or partner, normally have feelings still or maybe they were dumped by them , even if they made out they did the breaking up.

Congrats though on having another niece or nephew on the way and i hope your husband and sister in law will resolve things. It's good that if he's approached by women, he tells them he's not interested.

Let us know how you get on with the speed dating! It’ll give you a confidence boost and good for you for getting out of your comfort zone and getting out there . Have fun Marknis.

Surprisingly, someone told me it would be a bad thing to not talk about being depressed to a stranger while I am depressed. They instead told me to manage the depression and then talk to new people. But I can’t wait to do that. I fear missing out.

My older brother’s life is a mess and I refuse to become like him even if he’s had more social success than me. I want my own ways to be successful and it’s frustrating it hasn’t payed off yet.

I hope it will happen at least by the end of May or early June.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 4:38 pm

magz wrote:
Again, you're gambling with your sanity and that's extremely dangerous.

What can you do to take a bit of control over your happiness and sanity?

But what should I tell myself in the event it doesn’t happen? I feel like every avenue I’ve tried has been a dead end and I don’t want to live past 35 at this rate.

I was hoping to visit with my younger brother and his family but they aren’t certain they will be available tonight. A friend sent me a message asking if I could help him with something sometime after I leave work.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 7:26 am

Well no one should tell you how to think or feel or suppress you in anyway Marknis or tell you not to talk about how you feel but what i meant was, some people especially those you don't know very well may not have your best interest at heart, some people kick others down when they're feeling down. I didn't mean you shouldn't talk about feeling low i'd advise not to talk about feeling low due to being single but of course, it's up to you and you don't want to come across as desperate for the sake of not wanting to be alone, even though of course others are in the same boat and seek potential love and companionship too. Still I hope it all goes well for you i really do! Have fun and enjoy!

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 12:47 pm

Well no one should tell you how to think or feel or suppress you in anyway Marknis or tell you not to talk about how you feel but what i meant was, some people especially those you don't know very well may not have your best interest at heart, some people kick others down when they're feeling down. I didn't mean you shouldn't talk about feeling low i'd advise not to talk about feeling low due to being single but of course, it's up to you and you don't want to come across as desperate for the sake of not wanting to be alone, even though of course others are in the same boat and seek potential love and companionship too. Still I hope it all goes well for you i really do! Have fun and enjoy!

Oh, I definitely wouldn’t tell a stranger in person off the bat I am depressed about being single. Even I know not to do that.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 6:10 pm

I’m sure Marknis you’ll meet a good women.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 11:40 pm

I’m sure Marknis you’ll meet a good women.

I hope it will happen sometime before the year ends.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 3:04 am

Nothing wrong with life goals Marknis. However, some times things just happen when they're supposed too. Often find if theirs blocks from the start and it continues, not worth pursuing, it's a sign it's not meant to be. All in good timing! Take care.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 3:16 am

Nothing wrong with life goals Marknis. However, some times things just happen when they're supposed too. Often find if theirs blocks from the start and it continues, not worth pursuing, it's a sign it's not meant to be. All in good timing! Take care.

With all due respect but im going to have to disagree with you on that. History was made by the persistent and indefatigable who had visions that were deemed impossible and obstacles deemed insurmountable, yet through relentless effort and drive made miracles become reality. Before the city of Constantinople was conquered by Mehmet the Conqueror of the Ottoman Empire the Byzantines repulsed almost 14 attempts to breach the inner wall and all of Mehmet's top generals told him that the conquest of Constantinople was a forgone conclusion and impossible given the irresistibility of the Byzantine defense. Undeterred, he ordered his men to launch another assault and after one more try and many deaths later Constantinople was finally conquered and to this day became known as Istanbul.

There is no such thing as was meant to be or any of that nonsense. There is what one is able to do through ingenuity and perseverance, and then there's what is failed to be achieved because the factors didnt work out in one's favor. However that can never be known until one tries, and even if one encounters failure there is no way to tell if trying again won't grant success.

Master Oogway