Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 2:21 pm

I had to block more people on Facebook... But I made a video of this situation, and I posted it on FB... Friends only, I know Kraftiekote can see it because he's one of my FB friends...

My uncle's grandson, yes that uncle... Wanted me to go with him to another town because he just has his permit and can't legally drive without a licensed driver...

He and his girlfriend did come over to my apartment beforehand and helped me clean it some... Thanks I guess...

But he dropped his girlfriend off... It turned out he was heading to my cousins house, my uncle's daughter I just blocked on FB for harassing me...

When we got to her house, he took a mysterious plastic baggie with him he pulled out of his glovebox... It was a drug deal... He left me in the truck and I was scared and made a video... I text him to take me home now, he eventually did... But he was high on marijuana and I was scared again... Anyway he said "it was just weed" but I have heard my cousin does harder stuff so who knows...

I'm so ouuta here, I got into a grad program already, but I applied to another grad program, and yesterday a permanent Federal Section A position I'd go for too... The grad school I got in is in Idaho, the other grad school is in Georgia, and the Federal position is very ironically in the same exact town where the non-profits I just worked for remotely are... The Federal one is very interesting... Salary, they can find housing, Federal Benefits, Schedule A non-competitive, it's working at a visitor center for a national forest, doing stuff such as maning an info desk, designing brochures and displays, interpretive programs, etc... So very interested...

Anyway whatever happens, bye bye Michigan! Forever!! !! !! !!

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 2:27 pm

I applaud your decision!

Best of luck!

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 2:51 pm

And DON'T LOOK BACK!

Best of luck with these positions, whichever one you pursue. You can do this!! Strength and confidence.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 11:09 pm

Angnix wrote:
Anyway whatever happens, bye bye Michigan! Forever!! ! ! ! ! ! !

:cry:

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 11:23 pm

Good luck, Angnix!

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 7:50 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Angnix wrote:
Anyway whatever happens, bye bye Michigan! Forever!! ! ! ! ! ! !

:cry:

Well, nothing wrong with Michigan per se... I see you live here too...
It's just the fact my abusive relatives live here...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 9:13 am

Congrats Angnix. I hope you enjoy ... (where are you going? .... Idaho or Georgia? ....) and break free of these relatives once and for all. When do you leave?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 3:41 pm

Well Georgia is out... they said I didn't have the right experience. And I found out the Idaho grad school is for sure not fully funded, plus it's off campus in a very small, isolated area... Not ideal...

Anyway the Federal job might hire me, who knows...

I'm just gonna start applying for anything that seems reasonable...

Plus my uncle tried contacting me on one of his old FB accounts, I just blocked that one too, but he doesn't seem to understand the principle "leave me alone!"

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 10:18 pm

Angnix wrote:

Yeah, I think I remember you and some of your horror stories. You had a cardinal as your avatar for a long time, right?
I'm on the West coast, but yeah, it's really a mixed bag, depending on the city and the neighborhood.

Angnix wrote:

USPS maybe? I don't know how the situation is right now, but I know a few months ago they were severely short-staffed and hiring tons of new, inexperienced workers. They used to pay really, really well, too.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 3:51 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Angnix wrote:

Yeah, I think I remember you and some of your horror stories. You had a cardinal as your avatar for a long time, right?
I'm on the West coast, but yeah, it's really a mixed bag, depending on the city and the neighborhood.

Angnix wrote:

USPS maybe? I don't know how the situation is right now, but I know a few months ago they were severely short-staffed and hiring tons of new, inexperienced workers. They used to pay really, really well, too.

Somewhere like Muskegon, GR? I'm further inland, lol!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 4:26 pm

My father's side is from Grand Rapids. My grandfather moved to NYC about 1932.

I've been to Grand Rapids twice; it's a relatively liberal city. I think you might enjoy living there.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 11:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've been to Grand Rapids twice; it's a relatively liberal city. I think you might enjoy living there.

It's EXPENSIVE to live there, though.
Also, if you don't mind walking or taking public transportation, it's not too bad...but trying to drive anywhere, the traffic is just a monster, there are no parking spaces, and it's very difficult to not get lost. I seriously get anxiety attacks any time I have to drive there.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 8:40 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It's EXPENSIVE to live there, though.
Also, if you don't mind walking or taking public transportation, it's not too bad...but trying to drive anywhere, the traffic is just a monster, there are no parking spaces, and it's very difficult to not get lost. I seriously get anxiety attacks any time I have to drive there.

A couple years ago, my cars brakes failed in GR... I sucessfully pulled into a parking lot and hit the edge of a sushi restaurant :lol: I got an equivalent failure ticket I payed...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 10:15 pm

Angnix wrote:
A couple years ago, my cars brakes failed in GR... I sucessfully pulled into a parking lot and hit the edge of a sushi restaurant :lol: I got an equivalent failure ticket I payed...

Yikes. I absolutely hate when my car breaks down far from home, or just the idea that it might...after looking into it, I'm pretty sure it triggers agoraphobia for me.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 4:11 am

Is there some reason you don’t/can’t answer the door when it’s any of them?
My phone shows who’s calling; if yours does, why answer?
I would not let any of them help with the house cleaning; frankly, I’d be afraid they’d
steal.
Why not simply disassociate from them?
You really don’t need them in your life; they are trouble.
We are concerned. :(

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 5:31 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Is there some reason you don’t/can’t answer the door when it’s any of them?
My phone shows who’s calling; if yours does, why answer?
I would not let any of them help with the house cleaning; frankly, I’d be afraid they’d
steal.
Why not simply disassociate from them?
You really don’t need them in your life; they are trouble.
We are concerned. :(

I've been ignoring them...