I'm in the hospital.....again

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 1:41 pm

salad wrote:
Years of head injuries and concussions are really taking their toll on me. While out hiking my head began to pound until I lost consciousness and collapsed. I just woke up right now to find myself in the hospital.

The pain feels terrible and its killing me. I also fractured my left arm even more since when I collapsed I collapsed on that arm. My fiancee is angry at me for hiding all of these issues from her. When I collapsed apparently she panicked and collapsed herself from fear something bad happened to me. She's also in one of the ER rooms dealing with the panic that I almost died to her

I have IVs in my body and sensors all over, and every few minutes a nurse comes to administer medication through the IV

I hope you feel better soon.

And I hope you can soon straighten things out with your fiancee.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 1:44 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:

Right now she's fast asleep. She was angry at me though and told me sternly that she cant take me trying to be tough and hide problems from her and push myself too hard. I know she said that from a place of love and concern for me, but she doesnt understand why I push myself hard. no one does. unless you've been born an underdog and lived an underdog your whole life no one has a right to judge me as pushing myself too hard and telling me to stop fighting as hard.

As a fighter and underdog pushing myself is all I know how to do. You cant take the fight out of the fighter no matter how hard a person tries.

Master Oogway

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 1:49 pm

Fight smarter, not harder. :)

What are you being told about your condition?

You are not as much of an underdog as you used to be. You have a wonderful woman to love you! Three months ago you could not have foretold this. Maybe your life circumstances are changing.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jun 2021, 1:49 pm

Pick your battles - Sun Tzu.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

salad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 1:58 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Fight smarter, not harder. :)

What are you being told about your condition?

You are not as much of an underdog as you used to be. You have a wonderful woman to love you! Three months ago you could not have foretold this. Maybe your life circumstances are changing.

I was told that for now the obvious issue is overstraining in hot weather causing distributed shock, however the nurse gave me a referral to take a 4 hour battery of tests for neuropsyche exam next week. I also have a referral to take an MRI to test the very scary possibility of potentially developing Cavum Septum Pellicidium.

Master Oogway

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 2:15 pm

I hope you both recover fully and as soon as possible.

And I suspect her fussing at you was a genuine expression of concern. She cares about you and wants to keep you.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 2:27 pm

salad wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:

Right now she's fast asleep. She was angry at me though and told me sternly that she cant take me trying to be tough and hide problems from her and push myself too hard. I know she said that from a place of love and concern for me, but she doesnt understand why I push myself hard. no one does. unless you've been born an underdog and lived an underdog your whole life no one has a right to judge me as pushing myself too hard and telling me to stop fighting as hard.

As a fighter and underdog pushing myself is all I know how to do. You cant take the fight out of the fighter no matter how hard a person tries.

Being open and vulnerable in a relationship is next level of toughness.

And at some point the fighter within you will have to face his strongest opponent - yourself.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 3:18 pm

salad wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Do you think heat was a factor?

You have to take that head injury thing very seriously. Work with your doctors (especially neurologist) closely and don't go it alone. You just can't brave it out.

Heat probably was a factor since it was 84 degrees in Grand Marais where we were hiking

Regardless I'm going to be bedridden tomorrow

As depressed as I feel having my fiancee be by my side to console me and offer me love and support helps. She's still mad at me for pushing myself too hard and she was terrified that I died, but the worst didnt happen

She really really loves you Salad.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 4:52 pm

salad wrote:
I was told that for now the obvious issue is overstraining in hot weather causing distributed shock, however the nurse gave me a referral to take a 4 hour battery of tests for neuropsyche exam next week. I also have a referral to take an MRI to test the very scary possibility of potentially developing Cavum Septum Pellicidium.

Good luck with all of it.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 6:07 pm

FYI

https://orthophysio.com/latest-news/spo ... oncussion/

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 11:05 am

Tubthumping (I get knocked down) - They Might Be Giants & The AV Club Chorus