Broke up with my boyfriend

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 7:33 pm

honeytoast wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
If you don't mind me asking: what happened? Could you talk about it?

Maybe your relationship is salvageable.

I'm definitely not making any promises----but who knows?

It would not be good in the long run. It wa any choice to do this and I don’t think it can be salvageable at this point.

I believe you were talking about having problems for around 2 years now, assuming it is the same person.
If this is true, it is self-evident that you tried hard to get things working.

Some things aren't meant to be.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 9:28 am

Pepe wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It would not be good in the long run. It wa any choice to do this and I don’t think it can be salvageable at this point.

I believe you were talking about having problems for around 2 years now, assuming it is the same person.

Yeah, same person. I tried and he tried. It just didn’t happen. I haven’t cried yet today, since I just woke up. I’m pretty numb. Part of me wants to go back because I’m so scared of being alone and having to “grow up”. I have more pressure to get a job, drive a car, find my own place. My entire life is falling apart. I want to go back to the old routine but just because I am comfortable does not mean I will truly be happy.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 9:52 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Pepe wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Yeah, same person. I tried and he tried. It just didn’t happen. I haven’t cried yet today, since I just woke up. I’m pretty numb. Part of me wants to go back because I’m so scared of being alone and having to “grow up”. I have more pressure to get a job, drive a car, find my own place. My entire life is falling apart. I want to go back to the old routine but just because I am comfortable does not mean I will truly be happy.

You are too young to settle for "comfortable", imo.
At my age, well... :mrgreen:

I guess it is out of the quest for you and your ex to have a relationship of convenience, right?
Is it possible that you can both agree that the relationship isn't working out but circumstances suggest it is pragmatic to support each other in the short term until you both find yourself in a better situation?

I guess emotions don't work that way.
Emotions aren't rational.
But it still might be worth considering? :scratch:

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 11:35 pm

Pepe wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Pepe wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I guess it is out of the quest for you and your ex to have a relationship of convenience, right?
Is it possible that you can both agree that the relationship isn't working out but circumstances suggest it is pragmatic to support each other in the short term until you both find yourself in a better situation?

I’m currently staying with family until I’m able to live with a friend or get a place of my own. I don’t think it will be a viable option to stay.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 5:01 am

honeytoast wrote:
Pepe wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Pepe wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I’m currently staying with family until I’m able to live with a friend or get a place of my own. I don’t think it will be a viable option to stay.

Being able to live with family for the time being is probably the best idea.
It will help build up your finances so you can move into your own place more quickly.