Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

salad
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 11:03 am

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/middleea ... index.html

At this point this isn't even about Palestine vs Israel. This type of evil exists all across humanity. As much as I wish and pray to God that Israel never came into existence given how much terror and evil it has inflicted upon the earth, I know the sad reality is that this type of evil is happening in India, China, Serbia, Syria, Burma, basically the entire world if I were to be honest. Even if Israel was wiped off the map today and erased from ever having existed that wouldn't stop this kind of evil, since long before Israel was a thing humans since the beginning of their existence have mastered the art of sadism, torture, killing and filled their history with violence and bloodshed at every page of history. Humans are a messed up species and without question the most evil in existence.

Ive had it with the human race. I projected my hatred for these crimes onto Israel for so long, but when I look at it objectively Israel is no different than any and every other nation in history. Japan in WW2, Serbia in the Yugoslav crisis, America in Iraq, Iraq against the Kurds, China against the Uighurs, Burma against the Rohingya, Turks against the Greeks and Armenians, Arabs against black Africans and Sudanese, it seems as if no matter which race, group, country, etc. humans only know war, violence and mayhem.

I don't give a damn if this comes off as whiny and defeatist, at this point if I were to ever meet God in person id slap him across the face and ask him what he was thinking making a species as evil and depraved as the ones he made.

There is no hope for humanity, no hope for peace, no hope. As far as I can tell the human race is a race of devils wearing the veneer of civility and decency, but beneath that civilized exterior is cruelty, avarice, sadism and malevolence that puts the devils in religious myths to shame

I wanted to since I was a kid to grow up to make a difference in the world and be a humanitarian, but now I've realized its a false hope and that it won't change the way humans are fundamentally broken and not worth saving.

I dont want to be cynical and give up on humanity, but at this point after hearing kids receiving trauma care got bombed to death ive lost all hope and faith in the world being anything more than a living hell.

Master Oogway

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 12:41 pm

This is how I feel sometimes too. But I believe humanity gets better. Population grows exponentially, but conflicts are much smaller, and at the same time information transparency and news coverage are unprecedented, so it might make an impression of things getting worse.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 May 2021, 3:18 pm

dont worry yourself about global issues . you are far removed from being the problem . focus on your world and life will seem less f**kery

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 6:08 pm

@ Salad
Welcome to the fold, misanthropic brother. 8)

Humanity, as a species, is an obscenity.
I am not saying all individuals are.
I suggest you become a hermit, like me, and avoid the bastards where you can. :mrgreen:

salad
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 7:20 pm

cbd wrote:
dont worry yourself about global issues . you are far removed from being the problem . focus on your world and life will seem less f**kery

Well, there's one titsy teensy little problem.....

Im not as far removed from the problem as you think.

My family is from Palestine. Everything happening over there is affecting my family.

Master Oogway

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 8:06 pm

cbd wrote:

What might be a global issue for one person is a deeply personal struggle that can't be divested from for another.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2021, 11:20 pm

badRobot wrote:
This is how I feel sometimes too. But I believe humanity gets better. Population grows exponentially,

Actually, population growth tends to slow down in developed countries. Another thing that tends to slow down population growth is having lots of well-educated women in the workforce.

badRobot wrote:
but conflicts are much smaller,

Well, certainly smaller than WWI and WWII at least. On the other hand, since then, we now have the potential for far worse destruction than ever before.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2021, 1:31 am

salad wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/middleeast/israel-palestinian-conflict-wednesday-intl/index.html

At this point this isn't even about Palestine vs Israel. This type of evil exists all across humanity. As much as I wish and pray to God that Israel never came into existence given how much terror and evil it has inflicted upon the earth, I know the sad reality is that this type of evil is happening in India, China, Serbia, Syria, Burma, basically the entire world if I were to be honest. Even if Israel was wiped off the map today and erased from ever having existed that wouldn't stop this kind of evil, since long before Israel was a thing humans since the beginning of their existence have mastered the art of sadism, torture, killing and filled their history with violence and bloodshed at every page of history. Humans are a messed up species and without question the most evil in existence.

Humans do horrible things, but not everywhere or at all times. There are specific kinds of situations that tend to cause wars -- and, it seems to me, some of these causes can be remedied, in ways that weren't feasible in past eras.

Since "The Haven" isn't an appropriate place for detailed political discussion, I'll post about this in a separate thread in the "Politics, Philosophy, and Religion" sub-forum sometime later.

salad wrote:
but at this point after hearing kids receiving trauma care got bombed to death

This is indeed horrible. Do you personally know any of these families? How are your relatives in Palestine doing?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 2:49 am

I've posted my thoughts about the Israeli-Palestine conflict, and my tentative thoughts about possible solutions, in this thread here.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2021, 7:39 am

salad wrote:
cbd wrote:

Well, there's one titsy teensy little problem.....

Im not as far removed from the problem as you think.

My family is from Palestine. Everything happening over there is affecting my family.

sorry for coming across cold . all i was trying to point is , people hold the burden of global problems as if somehow they are responsible when in fact a greater scheme is the problem . i hope your family are safe

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2021, 7:41 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cbd wrote:

What might be a global issue for one person is a deeply personal struggle that can't be divested from for another.

absolutely , my intial intention was ..

don't feel the burden of everything going on in this planet . it is far too deep to fathom . and will completely change your outlook and ability to enjoy . i'm unfortunately in this box .

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 3:55 am

cbd wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cbd wrote:

absolutely , my intial intention was ..

don't feel the burden of everything going on in this planet . it is far too deep to fathom . and will completely change your outlook and ability to enjoy . i'm unfortunately in this box .

I used to be like that.
I am not any longer.
Age may have something to do with that. 8)

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Jul 2021, 4:32 am

I think we can only do our own little bit as individuals to act as peacemakers and do what we physically can to be kind in our own community where we find ourselves, which may seem insignificant but might just change someone's life for the better. Joining an organization that assists those in need, whether this was caused by human or natural activity. For instance there's a South African-based organization called Gift of the Givers which was founded by a Muslim and is deeply involved in helping needy folk not only in South Africa but in conflict spots and disaster-hit spots throughout the world. They don't care what your religion or skin colour is but make a difference in many lives.

https://giftofthegivers.org/

Even if you're not in a position to assist such an organization there are many ways we can put one tiny brick in the rebuilding of a more caring society.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/