Stressed and worried about work

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 3:11 pm

I know I keep posting here but I need to vent. For the next week or so at work there is going to be repairments and the ground is going to be dug up. I work with buses; cleaning them and parking them up and stuff, and it is going to be extremely stressful having to think where to put 40 large vehicles and carrying buckets around to clean them. It is such an impossible thing to be able to do, that nobody's given us a plan or anything, so we've got to figure it out for ourselves and it's going to be very stressful. Some buses are going to have to be parked out on the side of the main road, and I'm not keen on having to go out of the premises to clean buses halfway up the street. When I tell people how worried I am about it, they just say ''you don't need to worry, it's us that have to think about where to put the buses'', but none of them are cleaning, they're just working together moving the buses. Me I have to clean them, with an idiot who can't speak English (not saying not speaking English makes her an idiot, I'm just saying that she's an idiot as well as not being able to speak English). She's slow and self-centred and gets in the way, and will probably end up getting hit by a bus. I wish I wasn't there for the next week but I can't not be there, I am needed as we're short-staffed already and so we are all needed. I'll just be letting the team down if I don't come in. So that is not an option.

I can't help worrying. Also when other people are stressed, I feel their stress and that also makes me stressed. I've been worrying and fretting about it all weekend. I just want to get a good night's sleep tonight, but there's parties going on outside and I can hear their noise even with earplugs in, so I just hope they stop soon. I tell my boyfriend how I feel but he just shouts at me ''there's nothing we can do, I can't have you stressed all night!''

So I've just got to be chilled and happy all the time and not be stressed about anything. It's not fair. :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 5:54 pm

If I were in your situation, I’d be stressed, too.

Don’t your bosses determine where you would park the buses?

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 6:04 pm

Hey Joe - hope you managed to get a good night’s sleep eventually. Sorry to hear about the disruption that’s set for this week at work. Will be glad when it’s all back to normal for you there. Hoping things wind up better than you imagined they’d be this week, once you’ve got a clearer picture of where you’ll mostly be parking. Just keep telling yourself “Everything in life is temporary” … That must be hard dealing with the need to express how you’re feeling and what you’re going through and needing your other half to be soothing and understanding, but feeling as though you have to pretend to not be stressed! Hang in there.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 12:46 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Normally, but I don't know this week. Nobody seems to know. That's what's stressful about it, that it hasn't been planned out because there are basically no solutions. There will just be buses all over the place, including halfway up the street and God knows where else. Maybe I won't be parking them up this week but I'll definitely be cleaning them and that will be stressful too. I hate crossing busy streets with buckets and mops. It's a safety hazard.

Thanks both for replying by the way.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 8:50 pm

Joe90 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Normally, but I don't know this week. Nobody seems to know. That's what's stressful about it, that it hasn't been planned out because there are basically no solutions. There will just be buses all over the place, including halfway up the street and God knows where else. Maybe I won't be parking them up this week but I'll definitely be cleaning them and that will be stressful too. I hate crossing busy streets with buckets and mops. It's a safety hazard.

Thanks both for replying by the way.

Don't worry about it....it won't be forever

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 10:51 am

carry on

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jul 2021, 11:20 am

I really think they should just be doing a few at a time and not have them parked all over the place like at some gigantic convention. It doesn't seem reasonable to have them parked across a busy street and / or all down the road.

It's better to just have a system where you can log in that "these six buses numbers/licence plates...." were done today and the next will be logged the next day etc.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 1:46 pm

I feel OK about it now. Ever since I've had my vaccine I seem to be less stressed about everything (does the vaccine have some sort of antidepressant in them or something?? :lol: ). Also other people were stressing about it at work and when other people show stress, especially non-verbally, I pick up on it and get stressed too. I kept imagining me having to troop out on to the busy street finding buses. But it's more organised than that because some of the people from the office are helping to park up the buses.