Life’s difficulties are killing me

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 4:53 pm

There has been so much I have experienced that I feel has made my life much more difficult. So much that doesn’t make sense to me and/or feels so effed up. I called my mom to tell her about how I had been struggling mentally the last couple of days and all she wants to say in response is that I need to stop worrying about it bc there’s nothing I can do about it. I effing hate that kind of talk because it feel so degrading, especially when I’ve feeling stressed. Also, other people just seem to be able to handle things like that better than I can like, how tf are you able to do that?

I hung up on my mom and proceeded to have a stereotypical autistic meltdown because it felt like the only way to let out the frustration of being forced to endure so much. Now I wonder more than ever if there will ever be a cure for ASD. :cry:

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 9:49 pm

I'm sorry your mom was no help. It really sucks when you can't turn to the people you thought you could.

((Internet hugs))

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 11:42 pm

(((( more internet hugs ))))

I agree that type of response is really hurtful.

Is there someone else you can talk to?

Would it help to unload a bit on the forum?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:56 am

Your mom is old-school. So is mine (and she’s a therapist).

I don’t rely on my mother for moral support, though she’s been okay sometimes.

Are you still working at that job?

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 9:35 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
(((( more internet hugs ))))

I agree that type of response is really hurtful.

Is there someone else you can talk to?

Would it help to unload a bit on the forum?
I shared some of my frustration to my uncle last night. He understood the stress I was feeling. However, I don’t feel much more comfortable talking to my dad at this time than I am my mom because him and I had an argument yesterday afternoon. He berated me for getting angry.

I’m not angry enough anymore to unload too much. Lol. But I will say that a common theme with the various things I’m frustrated about is many things I am powerless over. COVID. People screwing me over. People telling me that I just need to deal with it and let people have their way over me. It makes me feel like a tool.

Funny that Kraftie randomly asked me if I still have that job. When I’m texting my mom I’ll often message her something and then she’ll ask me a question unrelated to the thing I brought up. I make fun of her for it lol.

I have a different job now, but it is with the same company.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 9:37 am

Also, for the most part I don’t consider my mom to be “old school”. A lot of the time she is sympathetic and/or tries to explain to me why things are the way they are. But there are times every now and then when she can respond to my frustrations in a less sympathetic manner.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 10:36 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
I will say that a common theme with the various things I’m frustrated about is many things I am powerless over. COVID. People screwing me over. People telling me that I just need to deal with it and let people have their way over me. It makes me feel like a tool.

Those are significant issues which make me feel the same way. You aren't alone. Helplessness and frustration are very destabilising and can mess with your entire self-concept, not to mention your world view. I hope you continue reaching out as needed on here. I can't remember if you have access to any sort of therapy? Even virtual, online psychologists for free? Would you be interested in that?

I hope you have a better day.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 12:58 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
I will say that a common theme with the various things I’m frustrated about is many things I am powerless over. COVID. People screwing me over. People telling me that I just need to deal with it and let people have their way over me. It makes me feel like a tool.

Those are significant issues which make me feel the same way. You aren't alone. Helplessness and frustration are very destabilising and can mess with your entire self-concept, not to mention your world view. I hope you continue reaching out as needed on here. I can't remember if you have access to any sort of therapy? Even virtual, online psychologists for free? Would you be interested in that?

I hope you have a better day.
I do see a therapist once every couple of weeks. I also have what’s called the Iowa crisis chat that I have used before when things get bad enough for me.