Page 10 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,308
Location: Australia

20 Sep 2021, 9:29 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Not really...the vast majority of our issues were my fault. But we did agree to separate.

I really enjoy spending time with this new woman. I like talking to her a lot.


Women are lovely, aren't they? :heart:
When I grow up I want one too. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,308
Location: Australia

20 Sep 2021, 9:31 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
smudge wrote:
Hello Steve. How are you doing today?


blazingstar wrote:
Just checking in to see how you are doing. :heart:


Thank you both. I can't believe how well I'm doing. I'm not sure what I was even worried about.

Do I miss my old life? Sure. But I've quickly settled into the new one. I've tried to stay busy...that definitely helps. I met someone through a dating site. We saw each other 4 out of the last 6 days. Things are looking pretty good for me these days...



Ummmm. 8O

Problem? I really enjoy talking to this woman. We have a lot in common. And no funny business.


Of course, I don't have a problem if you were to move on.
It sounded as though you were.
You did call it a "date".
I was just surprised because you were talking about reconciliation.


Did I mention reconciliation? I suppose it could happen some day. But for now we're both trying to move on. Maybe I work on my s**t, maybe she works on hers. Maybe we both get past our issues and then one day find that we can get back together. But I'm not waiting on something that may never happen.


I believe you did.
And I made a comment that it isn't unusual.
I might try and find that post sometime.
Too late tonight.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,581
Location: Moved on

20 Sep 2021, 2:09 pm

Where did Pepe's post go? I thought it was funny.

Steve: That's excellent you've manage to find someone so quickly. You seem to be doing well for yourself. Good for you!


_________________
I've left Wrong Planet


blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2017
Age: 67
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,976

20 Sep 2021, 4:30 pm

I am so glad you are doing so well. The lifting of a great weight and how it feels to be your own person again.


_________________
paralysis by over-analysis


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,308
Location: Australia

20 Sep 2021, 6:18 pm

smudge wrote:
Where did Pepe's post go? I thought it was funny.

Steve: That's excellent you've manage to find someone so quickly. You seem to be doing well for yourself. Good for you!


You are a sweetie. :heart:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,308
Location: Australia

20 Sep 2021, 6:24 pm

Pepe wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
smudge wrote:
Hello Steve. How are you doing today?


blazingstar wrote:
Just checking in to see how you are doing. :heart:


Thank you both. I can't believe how well I'm doing. I'm not sure what I was even worried about.

Do I miss my old life? Sure. But I've quickly settled into the new one. I've tried to stay busy...that definitely helps. I met someone through a dating site. We saw each other 4 out of the last 6 days. Things are looking pretty good for me these days...



Ummmm. 8O

Problem? I really enjoy talking to this woman. We have a lot in common. And no funny business.


Of course, I don't have a problem if you were to move on.
It sounded as though you were.
You did call it a "date".
I was just surprised because you were talking about reconciliation.


Did I mention reconciliation? I suppose it could happen some day. But for now we're both trying to move on. Maybe I work on my s**t, maybe she works on hers. Maybe we both get past our issues and then one day find that we can get back together. But I'm not waiting on something that may never happen.


I believe you did.
And I made a comment that it isn't unusual.
I might try and find that post sometime.
Too late tonight.


I found it. 8)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=399670&start=48#p8855145


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,581
Location: Moved on

20 Sep 2021, 6:27 pm

Pepe wrote:
smudge wrote:
Where did Pepe's post go? I thought it was funny.

Steve: That's excellent you've manage to find someone so quickly. You seem to be doing well for yourself. Good for you!


You are a sweetie. :heart:


I know. 8) :heart:


_________________
I've left Wrong Planet


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,345
Location: Outter Quadrant

20 Sep 2021, 6:35 pm

hang in there Steve1963....... i found it can be tricky to be on your own. But it can be done ,
At at no other period in history the ability to interact through the use of internet media is very conveinent. And a very good variety. Of things . Learning to be your own best friend can get you through some very tough times .


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,308
Location: Australia

20 Sep 2021, 8:30 pm

Jakki wrote:
hang in there Steve1963....... i found it can be tricky to be on your own. But it can be done ,
At at no other period in history the ability to interact through the use of internet media is very conveinent. And a very good variety. Of things . Learning to be your own best friend can get you through some very tough times .


He is doing quite well, by the sounds of things. :wink:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jun 2020
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 930
Location: western MA, USA

21 Sep 2021, 4:38 am

smudge wrote:
Where did Pepe's post go? I thought it was funny.

Steve: That's excellent you've manage to find someone so quickly. You seem to be doing well for yourself. Good for you!


The night I relapsed with alcohol, I drunkenly joined a dating site. Much to my surprise, women came to me. I must be better looking than I thought! Anyway, I dated two of them and managed to hit it off with one. Go figure...



Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jun 2020
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 930
Location: western MA, USA

21 Sep 2021, 4:39 am

blazingstar wrote:
I am so glad you are doing so well. The lifting of a great weight and how it feels to be your own person again.
Thank you, blazingstar. I always blamed myself for all of the problems in my marriage. But being on my own it does feel like a great weight has been lifted from me. Between AA meetings and dating...I've hardly had any time to be alone.



smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,581
Location: Moved on

21 Sep 2021, 2:31 pm

Steve1963 wrote:
smudge wrote:
Where did Pepe's post go? I thought it was funny.

Steve: That's excellent you've manage to find someone so quickly. You seem to be doing well for yourself. Good for you!


The night I relapsed with alcohol, I drunkenly joined a dating site. Much to my surprise, women came to me. I must be better looking than I thought! Anyway, I dated two of them and managed to hit it off with one. Go figure...



How nuts! I always enjoy seeing a success story. :) :heart:


_________________
I've left Wrong Planet