Possibly got screwed out of a bunch of money...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 5:30 pm

I was desperate to find someone to move me to my new place, so some relatives (not the ones normally bad to me) stepped up... They said they needed $60, and I tried to say I would pay them on moving day, but they demanded the money now... So yeah I gave in so they have $60 bucks with no guarantee they'll do it. Also they hired their granddaughter and her boyfriend to help me clean my apartment, they showed up once, was there less than an hour and basically just took out some garbage, then demanded I'd pay them, which I did, promising "we'll be back" but now they seemed to have ghosted me...

Crap...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 12:56 am

Ouch! I take it that you paid with cash, with no way to prove what it was for? Well, at least on the bright side, if those relatives don't keep their end of the deal then you know not to trust those particular ones again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me, as they say.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 9:34 pm

The girl came back and cleaned more of my apartment, my aunt talking to me more about moving day... I'm probably worried for nothing, and my little cousins doing a great job cleaning my place! Here comes my deposit back :D

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 2:58 am

That's great! :D

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 7:47 pm

Ugghhhh... No it's not great, over the last several days she's only showed up twice, I'm trying to get ahold of her, but her grandma says I need to do it myself now and keeps making excuses for her granddaughter...

I payed her! I mean I can work as hard as I can, but I can't get this bed or this couch out of here!! ! I'm heavily medicated right now due to my recent psychotic break and if I can't get everything out... I'll lose my security deposit and might get charged more...