I know I have to sleep but I don't want the dreams.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 5:57 am

can't I just get a peaceful nights rest, idk half the time I wake up feeling like my dreams were just as exhausting as if I stayed up all night. So makes me feel what is even the point of sleeping if it makes me feel that way, but of course I need sleep. idk it is annoying I wish I was a robot who needed no sleep...

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 8:08 am

I don't dream much these days, sorry you are having nightmares though

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 11:15 am

There must be some kind of treatment for it.

I assume that you're talking about nightmares stemming from PTSD.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:37 pm

Sorry to hear, Sweetleaf! Been there. The bulk of my dreams always involve me being hunted down to be harmed, or not being able to find my way home. I’m sleeping better than I have in a good while lately, which might have something to do with me finally taking control of my life … big changes, but soo long needed. Hope you’re not in a situation of any kind that’s not being faced, being swept under the carpet.

Naturalist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2021, 12:06 am

very sorry to hear it. I have been having lots of really bad dreams, one after another, all night long. This after years of having no dreams at all that I could remember. I don’t know what has precipitated it except that I am in graduate school and have so many things on my mind that I struggle to sort it all out.

Naturalist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2021, 12:11 am

I meant to also ask, do you find yourself actually avoiding sleep or just wishing you could? I sometimes keep doing things just to put off sleep when my dreams are bad. A colleague of mine has a fear of sleep, it is an actual disorder like a phobia that she described.