I’m going get kicked out of my apartment

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 11:47 pm

My new apartment building manager is coming into my apartment, my apartment is a big ugly mess, I cannot clean my apartment, I can’t hardly walk good. I don’t have money to pay someone to clean. I can clean a little bit. I also have pretty bad anxiety & I can breathe too fast, I wish something can help me with my anxiety, it can get worse. Maybe I should email the new manager. I don’t know. I hate this. I wish I was dead. I’m in bad shape now & crying, I’m frogging up my glasses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 8:46 am

What I would do:

I would make sure all the dishes are done, and that the refrigerator doesn't have old food in it. Above all, make sure your apartment doesn't smell.

I don't think most landlords would mind it if your apartment is a LITTLE messy. Just as long as you don't have so much clutter that it's a fire hazard.

Get a very large garbage bag, and just throw all the old junk you have in it. Get rid of ALL of any old food you have. Old bags of potato chips or whatever. People don't like it when there's old food in an apartment. It's worse than even having old papers.

If you don't have too many roaches, then it's not too bad. But get rid of the old food first. Old food can cause you to get really sick.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 9:23 am

I care more about staining than clutter really. When I walk into a tenant's house I just imagine it without the clutter and if it seems like nothing is damaged then I don't care much.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 10:51 pm

I think they check for animal damage too (cat smells).

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What I would do:

I would make sure all the dishes are done, and that the refrigerator doesn't have old food in it. Above all, make sure your apartment doesn't smell.

I don't think most landlords would mind it if your apartment is a LITTLE messy. Just as long as you don't have so much clutter that it's a fire hazard.

Get a very large garbage bag, and just throw all the old junk you have in it. Get rid of ALL of any old food you have. Old bags of potato chips or whatever. People don't like it when there's old food in an apartment. It's worse than even having old papers.

If you don't have too many roaches, then it's not too bad. But get rid of the old food first. Old food can cause you to get really sick.

I don’t use dishes, I use paper products. I don’t have old food, I get rid of it shortly after. I have my cat dry food that I dropped on the floor, it’s hard to pick up. I have alot of skin on the floors from my Psoriasis, I have trash on floors too, it’s hard to pick up too. I don’t have old bags of chips, I throw them away. I don’t have roaches. I cleaned a little bit, but it was still hard with my anxiety, but breathing exercises helps.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:29 pm

I wish I have very big bags, I have dirty clothes, towels in piles in my bedroom, I wish I can throw some of them away, it was very hard for me to pick them up, cuz of toooooo much anxiety & breathing fast, I felt like I was going die.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 8:43 am

Are you on disability? You might ask social services for referral to help with cleaning and other assistance, In many states in the USA there are workers who come to the client to help with basic care needs. Contact any disability support groups in your area and also ask about your rights as a tenant. Has the landlord said he will kick you out? Even threats like that might be illegal, especially used against disabled folks. Look for the nearest legal aid group, for tenant support groups, for social services, and even other charities and churches, You will not get help until you can find it... ask others you know (family, friends, counselor, doctor, minister, neighbors, social worker) for help if you think you can not do this alone. Sending best wishes.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 8:43 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I wish I have very big bags, I have dirty clothes, towels in piles in my bedroom, I wish I can throw some of them away, it was very hard for me to pick them up, cuz of toooooo much anxiety & breathing fast, I felt like I was going die.

People always take more notice of a mess if it smells bad, so it might help if you spray an air freshener or at least open a widow.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 1:22 pm

What about asking a neighbour or someone nearby for some help? There are good people out there who will assist when they know someone needs help.

What sort of flooring do you have? Is there tons of clutter or just dust/dirt/dry skin & some dry cat food etc? Maybe your place is a prime candidate for a Roomba to drive itself around and clean the floors every few days. Then you only have to bend down, or use some sort of tool to pick it up, just to empty the little collection bin and make sure it’s working Ok. They don’t do a perfect job right at the edges of floors, but if 99% of the floor is tidy meh whatever maybe the edges won’t matter so much if you can rarely get to them.

I bought a refurbished one many years ago. (May have been 2nd or 3rd generation) It lasted for a couple years before the battery died, but the unit was fine so I gave it to my brother and he bought a new/refurbished battery for it. Brand new latest model ones are quite expensive, but the original ones do the job just fine if you can find a working one that’s got a decent battery. Buying a used/refurbished one of these would probably be a similar cost to having a cleaner come in once or so - and it would be your little floor robot helper for a very long time.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 1:56 pm

I took a quick look on eBay. There are several knock off brands from China that are quite inexpensive. Maybe someone here knows which one is best ? Or maybe with some reading it’s easy enough to determine by reviews etc.

Maybe a super cheap brand one will work well enough and last long enough to be worth the money - not sure. Could be worth some googling for comparison; new cheap one or used brand name one ?

IF something like that might solve your floor cleaning problems.

What do you think, Kitty4670?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 2:11 pm

Amazon has a lot of them and the off brand ones seem to have great ratings. There are several that are just over $100usd. This one stood out: (also see it in black on the Canadian site)

Lefant M210 Robot Vacuum Cleaner, 1800Pa Strong Suction,Slim, Quiet, Automatic Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum, Wi-Fi/App/Alexa/Remote Control,Ideal for Pet Hair Hard Floor and Low Pile Carpet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R9LK9K3/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Maybe something like this will solve some problems and help you relax about tidying your floors ?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 8:43 pm

I been emailing the apartment building manager, he seems nice & caring. Should I tell him about my apartment & ask to wait a while?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 10:14 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I been emailing the apartment building manager, he seems nice & caring. Should I tell him about my apartment & ask to wait a while?

Will more time change anything? Will you be able to get it tidied up yourself? Or will you be able to get someone to help you?

I'm also genuinely interested to know what type of flooring and if it's not too cluttered just dusty/dirty ? Like would one of those robot vacuums work well to solve most of your cleaning problems ?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 8:37 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Will more time change anything? Will you be able to get it tidied up yourself? Or will you be able to get someone to help you?

I'm also genuinely interested to know what type of flooring and if it's not too cluttered just dusty/dirty ? Like would one of those robot vacuums work well to solve most of your cleaning problems ?

I will try to get help for my apartment. I think my floors are wood. I think those robot vacuum will work, but I don’t have the money for it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 10:00 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I will try to get help for my apartment. I think my floors are wood. I think those robot vacuum will work, but I don’t have the money for it.

I have a couple bucks. Anyone else in a position to chip in? Maaaybe this is something we can make happen.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 9:13 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I have a couple bucks. Anyone else in a position to chip in? Maaaybe this is something we can make happen.

Really? How? Thanks so much. WP family are the best :heart: