Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 1:29 am

Pepe wrote:
Sarahsmith wrote:
All we have left is love.

All we need is love. 8)

It's a good song. But then I think all the beatles songs are good...but I was a bit late for the beatlemania.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 1:43 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Things look like they are continuing to trend worse though. Prices are skyrocketing and the younger generation is more depressed and suicidal than previous generations were at the same age. And it will keep getting worse until it gets better at some point, assuming there is a time where civilization gets "reset" at all (not talking about the Klaus Schwab one).

There were some pros about the old days (the mid-20th century). There were still problems like racism and life was technologically less advanced than we have today, but at least life was much less expensive.

I cannot blame the gen Z, I mean what do they have to look forward to? poor kids. How are they supposed to concentrate on school when the planet is dying and the country is going down the toilet?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 3:26 am

We're not doomed, shush

You'll probably live out your life....bla bla

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 6:04 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Things look like they are continuing to trend worse though. Prices are skyrocketing and the younger generation is more depressed and suicidal than previous generations were at the same age. And it will keep getting worse until it gets better at some point, assuming there is a time where civilization gets "reset" at all (not talking about the Klaus Schwab one).

There were some pros about the old days (the mid-20th century). There were still problems like racism and life was technologically less advanced than we have today, but at least life was much less expensive.

I cannot blame the gen Z, I mean what do they have to look forward to? poor kids. How are they supposed to concentrate on school when the planet is dying and the country is going down the toilet?

I am not a catastrophist, myself. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 6:10 am

klanka wrote:
We're not doomed, shush

You'll probably live out your life....bla bla

How many times do we have to be hookwinked?
How many "In 5 years' time, billions will be dead" do we have to hear before we realise that some are playing us for suckers?

People need to be more realistic in their assessments, and not be herded into catastrophist thinking.

BTW, I propose voluntary abstinence from reproducing. :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 6:12 am

We’ve been “doomed” since the beginning of time.

If we had the Black Death, I could understand “catastrophic” thinking.

But we certainly have to make the world better.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 12:19 am

Lol the water wars are coming. LOl me and my boyfriend were joking around about when we went for a walk a put a water bottle in a side bag to carry and we could hear the water swishing around when I walked. So we were joking it is a good thing its not the water wars yet cause others could hear the water in my bag and we could be robbed of our water if that was the case.

Then again it is a stainless steel bottle with a handle on the lid when it is screwed in, so if somone got uncomfortably close and tried to do anything I don't consent to I could maybe smack them with my water bottle to get enough time to get away from them. Idk I have heard some women saying a heavy water bottle can be a good weapon if someone tries anything cause even a rapist may have second thoughts if the woman has a piece of metal to swing around.

So yeah when I went to visit my brother, i had my big water bottle out in my hand so if someone tried anything I could wack them with it. I made like I was carrying it just for water but yeah if somone came up and was being weird well I basically am holding a weapon and if need be then yeah I'd wack someone with it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:54 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We’ve been “doomed” since the beginning of time.

If we had the Black Death, I could understand “catastrophic” thinking.

But we certainly have to make the world better.

I have done my bit on the entertainment side. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 5:01 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Lol the water wars are coming. LOl me and my boyfriend were joking around about when we went for a walk a put a water bottle in a side bag to carry and we could hear the water swishing around when I walked. So we were joking it is a good thing its not the water wars yet cause others could hear the water in my bag and we could be robbed of our water if that was the case.

You want water?
Come to Australia.
2 months of heavy rain followed by 3 weeks of moderate rain.

I used to sit on the balcony to watch and listen to the rain.
I don't do that any longer. lol

Enough rain, already!
We get it!
Tim Flannery was wrong when he said: "Even the rain that falls wouldn't reach the dams". :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Stop, FFS! 8O
We had this sort of weather 50 years ago, btw. 8)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 2:21 pm

We are all doomed. All of us are going to die from old age or any number of ailments or accidents at some point.

I think the key is to enjoy the time that we are here and spend it wisely.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

18 May 2022, 12:10 am

Pepe wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
We're dead, humanity won't survive so may as well just enjoy what is left before inevitable civil wars and famine occur along with water wars. Idk unless we get extra-terrestrial alien intervention not sure humanity can save itself. Unfortunately, star trek is just a t.v show in our case there is no Starfleet to break protocol by interfering to save us from destroying ourselves.

Your assumption seems to be that humanity should be saved. 8)

You know, we tend to think that we should be the ones to survive, we are the best, but Earth cleared up everything many times. So what if we are not the first or the last to inhabit and evolve? Maybe we don't have to be.

On the other hand, to repeat the mistakes made by a new civilization, only to perish eventually seems like a lot of wasted effort.

Like Stephen Hawking said, we should go out and populate other planets, spread out where each other's influence lowers and safety can potentially be increased. Potentially. xD

Monkeys, hairless apes, what 7 billion of us have done to this thing.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:52 am

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
We're dead, humanity won't survive so may as well just enjoy what is left before inevitable civil wars and famine occur along with water wars. Idk unless we get extra-terrestrial alien intervention not sure humanity can save itself. Unfortunately, star trek is just a t.v show in our case there is no Starfleet to break protocol by interfering to save us from destroying ourselves.

Your assumption seems to be that humanity should be saved. 8)

You know, we tend to think that we should be the ones to survive, we are the best, but Earth cleared up everything many times. So what if we are not the first or the last to inhabit and evolve? Maybe we don't have to be.

On the other hand, to repeat the mistakes made by a new civilization, only to perish eventually seems like a lot of wasted effort.

Like Stephen Hawking said, we should go out and populate other planets, spread out where each other's influence lowers and safety can potentially be increased. Potentially. xD

Monkeys, hairless apes, what 7 billion of us have done to this thing.

What is the point of it all?
I view the life system as just one large and continuous suffering experiment, and I am not just talking about humanity.
Darwin was appalled. 8O

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 5:10 pm

Dinosaurs were around for a long time before they went extinct

Sooner or later, maybe humans will go extinct too

But I find it hard to imagine that that is affecting anyone that is currently alive today

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2022, 1:16 am

Things are desperate. Always have been. Survival is always hit and miss. There are so many things we can't control. We do what we can.
The apocalypse is just a metaphor for the death that is coming for us all and which we also have no control over.
The universe is utterly meaningless aside from the meaning we each make between our ears.
We cannot help but make meaning. Its what we do. However we get to make whatever meaning we choose. We should choose carefully because the meaning we each make causes us to behave in certain ways. How we behave has real effects in the world. On us and our environment.

Look around. The world is all of the beauty and all of the ugliness. Like all of us you have both within you. What meaning are you making?

Last edited by ThisTimelessMoment on 19 May 2022, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 1:18 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Dinosaurs were around for a long time before they went extinct

Sooner or later, maybe humans will go extinct too

But I find it hard to imagine that that is affecting anyone that is currently alive today

The sooner the better. :mrgreen:
pootin might help things along in that department. 8)

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2022, 7:19 am

Oh, and for goldfish21,
I've spent far far too much time in the hyperspatial plenum conversing with the elves/clowns/entities and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to save us.
More likely to get us believing is all sorts of crazy sh*t that is completely useless and then laugh themselves sick watching us blunder around trying to make sense of it all. Not that I would diss the elves or anything...