Government computer in my head

Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 May 2022, 7:32 am

OP, I heard of people who have a variation of the delusional disorder Persecutory believing that they were being tracked by the government & that others could read their thoughts. I also heard of some people with OCD having negative voices in their heads which are really their own thoughts getting hung up on things & triggering panic attacks. If you don't have other schizophrenic symptoms & no visual or other types of hallucinations except for what you've already mentioned, it might be helpful to talk to your psych about these disorders. Unfortunately delusional disorders can be very difficult to treat, the only real med treatment type is anti-psychotics & some might work better than others for you so you might have more improvement on a different med. Hoever OCD & panic attacks usually have a better response rate to meds & counseling. Perhaps just treating the OCD a bit would improve your delusions. I very well may be wrong about those disorders but either way it could potentially be very helpful for you to talk to a psychiatrist & perhaps a counselor as well & if you feel your psych is not listening to you or has no clue what their doing after working with them a while, it might be good to switch to a new psych.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 8:04 am

Please consult a psychiatrist about this. Apparently youve already been treated for psychosis so you must already have contacts in the mental health profession you can go back to.

Its typical for paranoid schzophrenics to have delusions that the [the CIA, the govt, the Vatican, KGB, whatever powerful organization you choose] are out to get them, and are keeping tabs on them, and even trying to influence them. Some sufferers of the disorder take up wearing tin foil hats to keep the govt (or whomever) from beaming messages to their brain from outside from a satellite in space ( thats where the expression "tin foil hat wearers" came from).

Your delusion places it in a computer - that was somehow installed- right there in your own head.

It may all seem real to you, but its just a variation on the same delusional theme.

Your itching maybe a coincidence. Or it could be neurodermitis caused by emotional stress. Stress from, among other things, this delusion you're having.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 6:39 pm

nick007 wrote:
OP, I heard of people who have a variation of the delusional disorder Persecutory believing that they were being tracked by the government & that others could read their thoughts. I also heard of some people with OCD having negative voices in their heads which are really their own thoughts getting hung up on things & triggering panic attacks. If you don't have other schizophrenic symptoms & no visual or other types of hallucinations except for what you've already mentioned, it might be helpful to talk to your psych about these disorders. Unfortunately delusional disorders can be very difficult to treat, the only real med treatment type is anti-psychotics & some might work better than others for you so you might have more improvement on a different med. Hoever OCD & panic attacks usually have a better response rate to meds & counseling. Perhaps just treating the OCD a bit would improve your delusions. I very well may be wrong about those disorders but either way it could potentially be very helpful for you to talk to a psychiatrist & perhaps a counselor as well & if you feel your psych is not listening to you or has no clue what their doing after working with them a while, it might be good to switch to a new psych.

The problem with these intrusive thoughts are that it can be combined with hypnotic trance induction.
The medication provided to inhibit "psychosis" apparently mitigates the effectiveness of hypnotic susceptibility.
Medication is one way to go, but the side effects of drowsiness and weight gain are often the consequences.

I went in another direction and tackled the problem via education/information.
I was advises by a psychiatrist to research government experiments that both the US and the U.S.S.R. performed decades ago.

For some, the intellectual approach works.
For others, medication is the way to go. 8)

I haven't been on toxic meds for over 30 years, and as you can see, I am totally normal. <joke> :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 7:02 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Please consult a psychiatrist about this. Apparently youve already been treated for psychosis so you must already have contacts in the mental health profession you can go back to.

Its typical for paranoid schzophrenics to have delusions that the [the CIA, the govt, the Vatican, KGB, whatever powerful organization you choose] are out to get them, and are keeping tabs on them, and even trying to influence them. Some sufferers of the disorder take up wearing tin foil hats to keep the govt (or whomever) from beaming messages to their brain from outside from a satellite in space ( thats where the expression "tin foil hat wearers" came from).

But is it paranoia if it is really happening? ;)

I find it hard to believe some people are having a problem with:
If they can do it, they would do it.
Think of all the benefits that can be achieved by unscrupulous governments/organisations and individuals?
It isn't rocket surgery. 8)

But government/power-group disinformation is very effective and strategies such as using the "Tin Hats" memes do work.

naturalplastic wrote:
Your delusion places it in a computer - that was somehow installed- right there in your own head.

Hypnotic trance induction can place any number of false/ludicrous ideas in people's heads.
Hypnosis can bypass the conscious reasoning part of the brain, bypassing logical assessment.
It can work on a subconscious and unconscious level.

To use Freud's terminology, the superego is bypassed while the ID is being engaged.
I don't expect you to believe me, btw, but it might help other more enlightened people who are in the loop or who have had personal experience of being mind-raped.

naturalplastic wrote:
It may all seem real to you, but its just a variation on the same delusional theme.

The delusions aren't real, since they are delusions. ;)
It is like a stage hypnotist convincing you that you are a chicken. :mrgreen:
But the psychological attacks are, using electronic harassment techniques. 8)

Probably the easiest thing to do is for the person to succumb to social pressure and be on medication, depending on the severity of the situation, and whether or not they are a target of gang-stalking harassment.
But they should be careful of some of the medications on offer. Some cause very rapid weight gain and that can cause many additional problems.

Dr Pepe signing off. 8)

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 9:48 pm

Computer is saying 'we're not going to kill you but we do like to scare the s**t out of you occasionally as you're terrified of death'.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 9:54 pm

Pepe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Think of all the benefits that can be achieved by unscrupulous governments/organisations and individuals?

But government/power-group disinformation is very effective and strategies such as using the "Tin Hats" memes do work.

naturalplastic wrote:

Hypnotic trance induction can place any number of false/ludicrous ideas in people's heads.
Hypnosis can bypass the conscious reasoning part of the brain, bypassing logical assessment.

To use Freud's terminology, the superego is bypassed while the ID is being engaged.
I don't expect you to believe me, btw, but it might help other more enlightened people who are in the loop or who have had personal experience of being mind-raped.

naturalplastic wrote:

Probably the easiest thing to do is for the person to succumb to social pressure and be on medication, depending on the severity of the situation, and whether or not they are a target of gang-stalking harassment.
But they should be careful of some of the medications on offer. Some cause very rapid weight gain and that can cause many additional problems.

Dr Pepe signing off. 8)

Both you, and the original poster need psychiatric help obviously. Dont delay getting it.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 9:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Both you, and the original poster need psychiatric help obviously. Dont delay getting it.

I've had psychiatric help for years and it doesn't make any difference. Had a visit from the home treatment team today and they're phoning me in the morning but the voices and discomfort continue. I make sure I take my meds but it doesn't help. :(

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 10:05 pm

Rossall wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I've had psychiatric help for years and it doesn't make any difference. Had a visit from the home treatment team today and they're phoning me in the morning but the voices and discomfort continue. I make sure I take my meds but it doesn't help. :(

Have you tried changing your meds?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 10:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Pepe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

naturalplastic wrote:

naturalplastic wrote:

Dr Pepe signing off. 8)

I didn't realise you were qualified...
...except for lack of enlightenment. :mrgreen:

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 10:07 pm

Pepe wrote:
Rossall wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

No, thanks for the suggestion, I might mention that to them later. (I'm currently on Olanzapine 15mg).

Last edited by Rossall on 22 May 2022, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 10:09 pm

Rossall wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Rossall wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

No, I might mention that to them later.

If the meds you are taking aren't working, you would be better off not taking them at all.
Most meds have side effects, so what is the point?

But you need to take them for a reasonable amount of time to kick in.
How long has it been?

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 10:11 pm

Pepe wrote:
If the meds you are taking aren't working, you would be better off not taking them at all.

How long has it been?
8 years. That's when the voices started and I got sectioned.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 10:18 pm

Rossall wrote:
Computer is saying 'we're not going to kill you but we do like to scare the s**t out of you occasionally as you're terrified of death'.

If someone was on the radio and saying that, would you listen to them or ignore them?

A lot of people have these intrusive thoughts.
Most simply ignore them.

However, some people are more susceptible than others.
Every time you take notice of what they say, the power they have over you simply becomes stronger.
Their "thoughts" imprint on your mind and become more natural to you.

The best advice I can give in context is to focus outwardly and not inwardly. Focus on what you are doing and what is happening around you.
As they say: "If you are eating an apple, focus on eating the apple."

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 10:19 pm

Rossall wrote:
Pepe wrote:

How long has it been?

Meds should have kicked in before a month, so I would look for another type.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 2:29 am

Rossall wrote:
Pepe wrote:

How long has it been?

I had a similar problem but cured it.
Have you got any religious belief?

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 4:42 am

klanka wrote:
Rossall wrote:
Pepe wrote:

How long has it been?

I had a similar problem but cured it.
Have you got any religious belief?
No, I'm agnostic