Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 May 2022, 8:18 am

Pepe wrote:
Rossall wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Have you tried changing your meds?
No, I might mention that to them later.

If the meds you are taking aren't working, you would be better off not taking them at all.
Most meds have side effects, so what is the point?

But you need to take them for a reasonable amount of time to kick in.
How long has it been?
It can take a bit of trial & error to find the right meds that help & also have side-effects that don't majorly bother you. I much rather take psych meds than deal with counseling. I tried counseling a tad & psychs have the causes & effects of things mixed up for me. I have a bit of introspection for myself & what I could use help with is applying that knowledge & counselors won't help me with that. Plus a counselor would push for me & my girlfriend to get couples counseling & she like me is very used to psychs(& anyone except me really) not understanding her issues. Couples counseling would probably cause the two of us to misunderstand each other & lead to us being more hurt by things we shouldn't be. Anyways... I tried a lot of psych meds(probably about 20) & I've also researched meds a bit. I've had much better luck with meds after I started taking a more proactive role with it. The psych med combo I have now are all meds I wanted to be on before they were prescribed to me & it's working well for me. If I could prescribe my own meds, I'd have no reason to see my psychiatrist & would be in the exact same position & place I am now. The psychiatrists don't always really know what they're doing even if they appear that way. It helps to let them know how the meds are helping & what ways they are not helping. Also let them know what side-effects your concerned about or are currently having problems with. Each person is different & the psychs need your input to better guide your treatment. I wish you the best of luck Rossall.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 8:41 am

nick007 wrote:
The psychiatrists don't always really know what they're doing even if they appear that way.

Tell me about it.
The first shrink I had put me on 20 times the amount I needed.
What a prick. :roll:
His name was williams. <wave to the quack if he is still alive> :mrgreen:

Last edited by Pepe on 23 May 2022, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 8:43 am

Rossall wrote:
klanka wrote:
Rossall wrote:
Pepe wrote:
If the meds you are taking aren't working, you would be better off not taking them at all.

How long has it been?
8 years. That's when the voices started and I got sectioned.

I had a similar problem but cured it.
Have you got any religious belief?
No, I'm agnostic

Atheism is better.
Only a sadist would have created a world like this. 8)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

23 May 2022, 8:47 am

Pepe wrote:
The best advice I can give in context is to focus outwardly and not inwardly. Focus on what you are doing and what is happening around you.
As they say: "If you are eating an apple, focus on eating the apple."
While not always easy to accomplish, this is nevertheless solid and sound advice.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2022, 10:19 am

Rossall wrote:
klanka wrote:
Rossall wrote:
Pepe wrote:

How long has it been?

No, I'm agnostic

OK I know this is a strange question but it might lead to the voices stopping.

Is there anything you're not doing out of some moral belief that you want to do?

So, for example, not something like if you wanted to rob a shop...because it could be said you dont do that out of not wanting to go to jail and the other possible reasons.
Something which might have no consequences but something you're not doing out of some moral belief...but not doing it is causing some distress.

To make this process go faster you could PM me and then we could talk on the phone, because then it would be a faster process. Talking on this forum causes delays.

I had voices saying all kinds of things like my girlfriend had cheated on me with several different people, it was bad.It turned out to be false.The voices are gone now, thanks to the technique I'm talking about.
I don't think the voices were my imagination or due to mental illness because they came up with jokes that were funnier than anything I can come up with, they put information about my past together in new ways that I hadn't though of before. I tried lots of remedies but they all failed...except this one.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 12:14 am

klanka wrote:
Rossall wrote:
klanka wrote:
Rossall wrote:
Pepe wrote:

How long has it been?

No, I'm agnostic

OK I know this is a strange question but it might lead to the voices stopping.

Is there anything you're not doing out of some moral belief that you want to do?

So, for example, not something like if you wanted to rob a shop...because it could be said you dont do that out of not wanting to go to jail and the other possible reasons.
Something which might have no consequences but something you're not doing out of some moral belief...but not doing it is causing some distress.

To make this process go faster you could PM me and then we could talk on the phone, because then it would be a faster process. Talking on this forum causes delays.

I had voices saying all kinds of things like my girlfriend had cheated on me with several different people, it was bad.It turned out to be false.The voices are gone now, thanks to the technique I'm talking about.
I don't think the voices were my imagination or due to mental illness because they came up with jokes that were funnier than anything I can come up with, they put information about my past together in new ways that I hadn't though of before. I tried lots of remedies but they all failed...except this one.

I hope you aren't talking about embracing religion.

Yes, the intrusive thoughts (not voices in my case) can be extremely insightful and amusing. That is what makes it so difficult to ween oneself off them.
Just think about them as "mind rapists" and that may make them less attractive.

BTW, there is no point in abusing them. That is another little game they play with you. ;)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 2:38 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The best advice I can give in context is to focus outwardly and not inwardly. Focus on what you are doing and what is happening around you.
As they say: "If you are eating an apple, focus on eating the apple."
While not always easy to accomplish, this is nevertheless solid and sound advice.

That is good advice. The movie "A Beautiful Mind", starring Russell Crowe, is largely about that. How mathematician John Nash didnt so much over come his delusions as he simply...learned to his ignore his delusions, and to tolerate them as noise, and to get on with his life...and finnally to win the Nobel Prize.

Also physical exercise is good. A little positive pain in your triceps and biceps is great to keep you focused outward. Two friends who are both treated for mental illness concurred that work in unskilled construction is "good" because it keeps you less "psychotic" so to speak because of the muscle pain (as odd as that may sound) .

I had my own issue with a certain behavior (something like cutting). And doing isometric excercises (because I didnt have any barbells handy)-tug of war between your own arms - helped to get rid of the behavior.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

26 May 2022, 5:21 pm

Likewise - my demon was a crippling OCD, but going for a short walk to actively spot and name as many things as I could see definitely helped pull me out of it.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 5:29 pm

Rossall wrote:
I've had this for the past 7 years, a voice in my head threatening me, it is able to read my thoughts and it is able to inflict pain and discomfort such as itching. Has anyone else had the same thing?

I can't believe I'm the only person getting this treatment.

The government might also be involved in your schizo diagnosis, it's all a cover-up for the government computer in your head, a conspiracy. You're definitely onto something with this.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 10:02 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
Rossall wrote:
I've had this for the past 7 years, a voice in my head threatening me, it is able to read my thoughts and it is able to inflict pain and discomfort such as itching. Has anyone else had the same thing?

I can't believe I'm the only person getting this treatment.

The government might also be involved in your schizo diagnosis, it's all a cover-up for the government computer in your head, a conspiracy. You're definitely onto something with this.

Some people believe schizophrenia is a man-made "disease".
And yes, anyone who blindly believes what the establishment says is more than a little naive. 8)

I don't believe in "computer chips" in people's brains, btw.
It may have happened decades ago, (check out Jose Delgardo's computer chips in bull brains experiments), but that would be the case these days.

Quote:
Tribute to Jose Delgado, Legendary and Slightly Scary Pioneer of Mind Control

Neuroscientist based at Yale in 1960s controlled bulls, monkeys and humans with brain implants and envisioned a “psychocivilized society”

Quote:
Beginning in the 1920s, Hess had demonstrated that he could elicit behavioral responses such as rage, hunger, and sleepiness in cats by electrically stimulating specific regions of their brains with wires.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cr ... d-control/

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 3:38 am

Not sure if anyone is really serious about this being the government, but there are thousands of people who complain about hearing voices. The government would have to hire thousands of people to specifically torture each person with their own memories, tell them jokes, threaten them, inflict pain.
Each of these employees would be highly intelligent people capable of coming up with hilarious jokes and intelligently come up with things to say based off someone else's memory.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 May 2022, 3:50 am

klanka wrote:
Not sure if anyone is really serious about this being the government, but there are thousands of people who complain about hearing voices. The government would have to hire thousands of people to specifically torture each person with their own memories, tell them jokes, threaten them, inflict pain.
Each of these employees would be highly intelligent people capable of coming up with hilarious jokes and intelligently come up with things to say based off someone else's memory.
If the government could put a computer chip in someone's head, they coulda invented artificial inteligence to do those things :wink:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 4:01 am

True, but people have been complaining about these voices since we vacuum tubes instead of transistors

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 5:08 am

klanka wrote:

What the establishment does is find out who is receptive to these influences.
You don't have to deal one on one with people.
Set the "speakers" on full and see who reacts.
Once someone has been identified, they are tagged and monitored.
If they are severely affected, they may be harassed on medication through gang stalking.

Stage hypnotists screen people who are very susceptible to hypnotic trance induction (I read that this is 3% of the population). The government, with the help of the media (radio/TV) do the same covertly.
There is even a trope about people turning off the radio/TV when people realise they are being targeted.

BTW, I was a committed Christian and that didn't protect me from electronic abuse.

I don't expect you to be convinced.
I don't care if you aren't.
This is more for people who are on the same page as me. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 5:14 am

nick007 wrote:
klanka wrote:
If the government could put a computer chip in someone's head, they coulda invented artificial inteligence to do those things :wink:

I think you got the wrong idea.
It isn't our government that is the primary villain in this atrocity.
It is rival power groups that are interested in changing social policy or causing domestic terrorism, etc.
Apparently, devices that cause hypnotic trance induction isn't that difficult to obtain, if you know the right people. :wink:

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 3:30 pm

The latest voice I've been getting is 'we are the creators of the universe and you are our chosen representative on earth'. :x

I can't believe some being would develop this just to use on one person. Tonight it has been trying to get me wound up (with accompanying adrenaline rushes, it can do all kinds of physical torture as well) to smash up my flat or attack my druggie neighbours, presumably so it can get me sectioned and then really get stuck into me in hospital again. :(

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).