So tired of competitive "Friends"

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 8:22 am

Hi:

I am here to fuss because I am getting awfully tired of people who make it seem like they want to be your friend. When in reality, they are just in your life because they are there to compete with you. For example, creating a get together the same night that you created one so more people will go to their gatherings than yours. These kinds of people really piss me off.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 8:29 am

I know what you mean.

I don't really go to "gatherings" all that often. In fact, hardly ever at all.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 8:34 am

@ST: They are called "Frenemies" -- people who pretend to be friends but who are actually enemies; enemies in friends' clothing.  You would be better off without them.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 9:03 am

The one I am referring to runs an autism support group for adults and has become really popular. He has done himself a good job of pulling my friends away from me by always having things at his house.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 9:18 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
The one I am referring to runs an autism support group for adults and has become really popular. He has done himself a good job of pulling my friends away from me by always having things at his house.
While you cannot stop him from running things at his house and pulling your friends away, you also do not have to add to his popularity.

Is he facilitating his meetings, or is he leading his meetings?  This alone could spell the difference between a support group and a cult-like group.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 9:34 am

For how avoidant autisitc people are of social interaction, there isn't half a few complete weirdos out there.

A individual with a developmental disorder effecting his social skills attempting to "social climb". Is he dim witted by any chance?

I'm sure such a person has ample short fallings you can lay on thick of push comes to shove.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:27 am

Fnord wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
While you cannot stop him from running things at his house and pulling your friends away, you also do not have to add to his popularity.

Is he facilitating his meetings, or is he leading his meetings?  This alone could spell the difference between a support group and a cult-like group.

He's the leader of the autism support group

@Nades, he's extremely extroverted and has large ego.

A. He enjoys being the center of attention and he feels threatened when he someone else potentially doing the same thing
B. He tends to lie
C. He's controlling
D He;s also clueless about some things - for example, he can't understand that rootbeer is not alcohol

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:41 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
While you cannot stop him from running things at his house and pulling your friends away, you also do not have to add to his popularity.  Is he facilitating his meetings, or is he leading his meetings?  This alone could spell the difference between a support group and a cult-like group.
He's the leader of the autism support group.

A. He enjoys being the center of attention and he feels threatened when he someone else potentially doing the same thing.
B. He tends to lie.
C. He's controlling.
D He's also clueless about some things - for example, he can't understand that rootbeer is not alcohol.
He seems like a person who is best left alone.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 11:39 am

Fnord wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
While you cannot stop him from running things at his house and pulling your friends away, you also do not have to add to his popularity.  Is he facilitating his meetings, or is he leading his meetings?  This alone could spell the difference between a support group and a cult-like group.
He's the leader of the autism support group.

A. He enjoys being the center of attention and he feels threatened when he someone else potentially doing the same thing.
B. He tends to lie.
C. He's controlling.
D He's also clueless about some things - for example, he can't understand that rootbeer is not alcohol.
He seems like a person who is best left alone.

He seems like a loser. When I see people with big egos who are causing problems for others with said ego, then I would hope they would have a list of achievements as long as their arm to warrant that ego.

Does he have a list of achievements to warrant that ego? If not then he's a loser. Nothing is sadder in life than an egocentric, mediocre buffoon.

I've seen plenty of people in my life who think they're better than everyone else but work a Mcjob, achieved sod all in their lives and are often overweight to boot.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 8:43 am

Hi Nades:

He is pretty well rounded and networked and he has a job as well as freelances . However, he doesn’t make a ton of money and he drives a regular car.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 1:18 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi Nades:

He is pretty well rounded and networked and he has a job as well as freelances . However, he doesn’t make a ton of money and he drives a regular car.

Mr mediocre then. He seems annoying.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 10:05 am

Annoying? Oh yes he can?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 9:09 am

I also used to associate with another enemy who was also very competitive.

Basically, she did what she could to one up me all time and especially if she go to do something that I wanted first. Believe me, I got mad at her a lot. Especially for that reason.

Why? Like the other guy, they think they are better than everyone else next to thinking the world revolves around them.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 9:19 am

hmm I don't know hardly anyone like that. When I do meet someone like that I disengage pretty quick

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 9:27 am

As I said, they really piss my off.