Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 6:40 pm

I'm on a boat and I don't want to be here. I just want some solitude.

I'm annoyed by the tight hallways and people everywhere.

Also very said about things that happened recently. I don't understand how people can be so cruel.

I wish she would be human to me and let us just speak.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 6:55 pm

Hope all goes well for you.

Have been in a similar situation. (Not the cruise part as never done that).

All I can say is to distance and time does heal.

And who knows what is around the next corner?

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 7:03 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
I'm on a boat and I don't want to be here. I just want some solitude.

I'm annoyed by the tight hallways and people everywhere.

Also very said about things that happened recently. I don't understand how people can be so cruel.

I wish she would be human to me and let us just speak.

I got dragged on a cruise once. I honestly don't understand how anyone likes it. Its like being trapped in a crowded shopping mall. People everywhere, cramped hallways, mediocre food (with people everywhere all lining up to get it). Night are worse, with loud music and drunks staggering through tight corridors. It was a nightmare - never again. Even getting on and off of the ship is S-L-O-W more lines of people, more hurry up and wait.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time, and I get that it probably feels worse dealing with everything else on top of being on a cruise.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 7:21 pm

Sweet Pea hugs

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 9:36 pm

DanielW wrote:
I honestly don't understand how anyone likes it. Its like being trapped in a crowded shopping mall. People everywhere, cramped hallways, mediocre food (with people everywhere all lining up to get it). Night are worse, with loud music and drunks staggering through tight corridors.

This, exactly. ^

I was raised on boats but you couldn't pay me to go on a cruise. They sound like the worst possible social / sensory experience possible for a vacation. I've never done one but I always picture them like floating targets that you can't escape, as well as floating shopping malls. Vacationing on a hunk of steel with thousands of other people doesn't float my boat in the least (no pun intended).

Sorry r00tb33r, I realise this is The Haven. I'm sorry you are stuck in this awful experience. I assume it wasn't your choice to do a cruise. All I can say is I hope you have a better holiday next time, and it doesn't involve such chaos.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 10:09 pm

I’m sorry you’re so miserable.

It will get better once you land on a port, and you could take a tour.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 11:08 pm

Cruises terrify me because of the outbreaks of norovirus that sometimes occur on cruises.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 1:29 pm

I was just on a cruise recently.

Go where people (mostly) aren't. If the pool/hot tub deck is clear, go soak in a tub and sip a fine drink. If the gym is empty, go have a workout. Eat at off peak hours when restaurants aren't jammed. Attend the early shows and sit on the balcony or way off to the side of the stage where you aren't likely to have anyone sitting beside you - easy to pretend you're social distancing due to covid.

Also, while I acknowledge that it's next to impossible for us aspies not to dwell on thoughts that don't serve us.. you really need to let it go & accept that she doesn't want to speak to you and there is no more 'us,' to speak of - only you and her separately living your separate lives apart.

IMO, do your best to be Present in the moment and enjoy what you can about the cruise, the ship's amenities, the restaurants/food/drink, entertainment, and ass kissing service. There's little sense in spending that time and money to then distract yourself by negative thoughts the whole time - you can do that at home w/o the expense. May as well make the most of what you're there to experience Now and then if you insist on dwelling on things later, do it at home where you're not wasting a luxury vacation. IMO.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 3:53 pm

So I caught a cold after visiting 2 glaciers. The sore throat I beat the same evening gargling antiseptic mouthwash, it stung but I'm tough. Had a runny nose the next day, been flushing it with diluted mouthwash, the burn is unusual, but breathing is distinctly minty afterward. I did not let it distract me otherwise. As for the mouthwash, I definitely do practice what I preach.

The thoughts were hard to get away from. I cried on most days during the cruise, going from tears to the comfort of hope. There are some important unfinished business still ongoing, so I'll deal with it when the time comes in the way that I choose, and I'll accept my own damn choice.

I miss her so much. :cry: :heart: