Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 6:29 am

Sorry guys I hate posting in here but I just need to get things clear in my head.

I got an invitation for a covid booster this morning. It came by text message and email. I've checked it all out and it is genuine from the NHS.

The thing is is that it says I am eligible because I am either over 65 or have a serious health condition that makes me vulnerable. Well I'm not 65 and to my knowledge I have no health condition that makes me vulnerable.

I phoned my doctor to see if they can offer any insight to this. She told me it will be a generic invite. Then she went on to telling me that I am eligible for the seasonal flu vacation.

I'm confused because when I've gone on the NHS website it says the same: 65 or over and for serious health conditions and that's for the flu one too.

I'm concerned about this because I have got the tumour but that's benign and they did suspect ms but scans showed no other tumours so as far as I'm concerned that was ruled out.

I'm thinking now that even though they ruled that all out and that the tumour is benign am I still classed as vulnerable even though I've not been diagnosed with anything.

It's doing my head in this morning. I'll ask my physiotherapist does he know anything about this.

Has anyone else experienced this. Do you have any insight to it. Can doctors have you down on record as vulnerable and not tell you.

Thank you in advance.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Oct 2022, 6:38 am

You probably ended up in some database because of the tumor and no one wanted / was authorized to remove you from it when it turned out benign.
Especially, if you were removed from the "vulnerable" database but you turned out actually vulnerable and started having problems, you could sue the one who removed you.
So, they are staying on the safe side, keeping you in their "vulnerable" database, with everyting that follows, regardless of your actual health.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 6:42 am

Thank you Mags. That is probably the reason for this.

I'm not complaining really because I can get all vaccinated up.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 7:56 am

Yep....you're in the front of the line :)

I just had COVID....So I can't get a shot for about 2 1/2 months.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 8:04 am

You don't need to apologise for posting in here, BB.

Yeah, what Magz said sounds about right.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 8:25 am

I received this text message from the NHS:

Our records show you're eligible to receive a further COVID-19 vaccination this autumn. Your protection from previous doses may now be reduced and will continue to decline. You can book at (eligible address) or by calling 119, or for walk-in services visit (eligible address). For contact preferences: (eligible address).

But when I booked it it asked questions like if I'm vulnerable or whatever, which I said no to. Then it declined me and said I am not eligible for a 4th vaccine. But I don't want the previous dose to be ineffective so I booked it anyway and just ticked the box that said "I am living with a vulnerable person", which I am. Then it let me book.

I hope I've done the right thing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 8:37 am

You did the right thing. You do live with a vulnerable person.

We don't get these sorts of texts in the US, addressed to a particular person. We just get a generalized text saying who is eligible to get these vaccines.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 8:38 am

Just been to the and my physio told me to just get it done if I've been invited for it. He said that everyone in the hospital has had it done and that there doesn't seem to be a priority for it any more. So I'm going to the walk in tomorrow. I'll just show them my email and see why they say.

I don't even live with anyone who is vulnerable so it can't be for that either.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Oct 2022, 8:58 am

Joe90 wrote:
I received this text message from the NHS:

Our records show you're eligible to receive a further COVID-19 vaccination this autumn. Your protection from previous doses may now be reduced and will continue to decline. You can book at (eligible address) or by calling 119, or for walk-in services visit (eligible address). For contact preferences: (eligible address).

But when I booked it it asked questions like if I'm vulnerable or whatever, which I said no to. Then it declined me and said I am not eligible for a 4th vaccine. But I don't want the previous dose to be ineffective so I booked it anyway and just ticked the box that said "I am living with a vulnerable person", which I am. Then it let me book.

I hope I've done the right thing.

I think you got your previous doses early because of living with a vulnerable person so your fourth one should also be early, just to keep the right timing.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 10:29 am

Update: doctors phoned me to cancel my seasonal flu vacation because I am not in a vulnerable group.

Also I will go to the walk in centre tomorrow - its a ten minute walk - just to see what they say and then I'll know. I've got a feeling that they will turn me away but I will have lost nothing.

Thank you for all your help.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 12:00 pm

I’m sorry that happened to you.

Do you have drugstores that offer vaccinations.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 12:23 pm

:? They've mixed things up somewhere. Good plan - hope you get some answers at the walk in.

KK: they offer both NHS and a private service at Boots.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 2:21 pm

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 4:30 am

Got my covid booster done. The staff at the walk in place were just as confused as me because they couldn't understand why I had been invited either. In the end I just showed the manager the email and he let me go through.

They said I can go back on the 15th to get my flu vaccine done.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 4:37 am

That's excellent! :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 10:58 pm

It's good that you got your booster.