Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 11:36 pm

It feels like I been in a coma for around 20 years & I woke up wanting to go back sleep. I don’t know sayings that people are saying now, I feel so stupid or my learning disability.I try to learn, but it can be too much & very overwhelming, I REALLY CANNOT catch up with the times. I feel like I’m stuck in the past.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 11:43 pm

I hate the past 25 years, but this decade has been the worst because we are officially in hell. How can anyone be happy when the world is so awful? Sure people might have moments of happiness but it's all a temporary escape, an illusion. A state of temporary denial.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 12:38 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I hate the past 25 years, but this decade has been the worst because we are officially in hell. How can anyone be happy when the world is so awful? Sure people might have moments of happiness but it's all a temporary escape, an illusion. A state of temporary denial.

The worst year for me was when I lost my mom in 2013 8O :cry: :cry: I was NEVER the same after that, I felt like part of me died too.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 4:28 am

This decade got off to a bad start and is getting progressively worse at an alarming rate. Seems like real life dystopia is right around the corner.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 9:07 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
The worst year for me was when I lost my mom in 2013 8O :cry: :cry: I was NEVER the same after that, I felt like part of me died too.
My moral support to you. Losing a family member is the worst thing that can happen in our life. I often imagine that scary possibility, which will eventually happen to me unless I go first.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 10:47 pm

Incels, war, pandemics, insane food prices, anti vaxxers, extremist hate groups, climate change, the 2nd Great depression that will strike any day now, the world is angrier and meaner than ever.

The only true escape is the sweet release of death. But then my closest family members would be devastated.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 1:36 am

I'm not a fan of this millennium.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 2:04 am

I miss the 90s.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 10:56 pm

I also miss the 90s. The days of Mad TV, New Kids on The Block, Austin Powers, Donovan Bailey and there was another Mod revival going on. I had it made in the 90s. I also hate this decade with a passion. I hate the politics. I hate the music. I don't like the movies or TV shows. Street drugs are being legalized one by one. There are some movements that have gone too far. I don't like Drag Queen Story Time. I don't like Black Lives Matter. All the new songs that are on the radio sound exactly the same. The toys aren't all that great. I long for the 60s when it was possible to buy a toy German helmet for a good, cheap price at any store. You can't these days. Everything has to be so politically correct.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 11:07 pm

The 90s had new things that were exciting. You still had everything that was best from the 80s, it wasn't that old yet, but you had new, fresh things coming. The early Internet, video games rapidly advancing, grunge music, the tail end of the best metal years, import cars were great without being overgrown, etc. There was an air of opportunity.

Now it's all wokeness and malaise.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 2:08 am

r00tb33r wrote:
I miss the 90s.

damn really? the 90's were the worst. But I am just someone who was an unhappy child at that point so what do I know. I am sure my bais is to focus on all the worst parts of it, but maybe you had a better experience, but yeah I feel like the 90's sucked.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 5:29 pm

The past 15 years of the world has been the most awful and I am only 30 so back then I was just barely an adult yet. I seriously consider if my life would've been better quality in a lot of ways if I was born two generations earlier. I would've also got to see more of society pre-internet and pre-social media. Yes, some things have gotten better but a lot of things are worse.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 5:38 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
This decade got off to a bad start and is getting progressively worse at an alarming rate. Seems like real life dystopia is right around the corner.

The last 10-15 years were pretty bad and it's going to get worse, but cracks were beginning to show since 9/11 happened, at least that's as far back as I can remember the first crack showing for me. Since then, it has progressively creeped up at a seemingly exponential rate.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 5:42 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I also miss the 90s. The days of Mad TV, New Kids on The Block, Austin Powers, Donovan Bailey and there was another Mod revival going on. I had it made in the 90s. I also hate this decade with a passion. I hate the politics. I hate the music. I don't like the movies or TV shows. Street drugs are being legalized one by one. There are some movements that have gone too far. I don't like Drag Queen Story Time. I don't like Black Lives Matter. All the new songs that are on the radio sound exactly the same. The toys aren't all that great. I long for the 60s when it was possible to buy a toy German helmet for a good, cheap price at any store. You can't these days. Everything has to be so politically correct.

I agree with you and I am part of the later end of the millennials generation.
At least old guys still remember a time being an adult when things were not this way.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 12:46 am

I miss the 80s, I miss MTV & VH1. The 70s wasn’t bad, but I want to skipped the bad parts that happened to me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 12:51 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I miss the 80s, I miss MTV & VH1. The 70s wasn’t bad, but I want to skipped the bad parts that happened to me.

Every decade has it's plus and minuses but in terms of music I miss the 80s and 90s