I HATE Being Responsible!

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 6:32 pm

Sooner or later, I will need to buy new glasses, my glasses broke, one of the lenses was lose & popped out, one ear piece broke off, I popped the lens back in the glasses, I’m still wearing my glasses, now I only have one ear piece. I know I need to go get my eyes exam, but I have a BIG problem going out, 1. Washing my body 2. Getting dressed 3. Spending hours out in public, I haven’t been out in public in a very long time, I’m going get so exhausted, very overwhelmed & probably have social anxiety. I want to go out, I wish I can start going out slowly, start with few minutes or more, it would be the best for my body. 4. Walking, I cannot walk alot, I have pain in my feet that makes it very hard to walk too long. The pain is from when I broke my ankle over 4 years ago. I have pain in my knee too. I have a walker & a wheelchair. I know I need to go see a doctor & an eye doctor too, but I cannot do it by myself :( :cry: :cry: :cry: Being responsible for everything is tooooo overwhelming :roll:

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 6:41 pm

you don't need to actually go out to get glasses. Just order a new pair. If your prescription is common, it only takes a few day for the new pair to show up at your door.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 3:37 pm

DanielW wrote:
you don't need to actually go out to get glasses. Just order a new pair. If your prescription is common, it only takes a few day for the new pair to show up at your door.

What do you mean my prescription is common? Don’t people need eye exam? I’m taking eye health vitamins, they work great :D :D :heart: :heart:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 3:39 pm

Yes, it's not fun being an adult is it. No support from anyone.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 8:07 pm

KitLily wrote:

It is no fun, it is only fun when you need to get into a nightclub for concert.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 9:26 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
DanielW wrote:

What do you mean my prescription is common? Don’t people need eye exam? I’m taking eye health vitamins, they work great :D :D :heart: :heart:

No, you won't need another eye exam to replace and existing pair...you only need an exam if you need a different prescription. You can even get basic glasses (like for reading) from most pharmacies and on-line if you need something temporary until your replacements arrive.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 10:46 pm

DanielW wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
DanielW wrote:

No, you won't need another eye exam to replace and existing pair...you only need an exam if you need a different prescription. You can even get basic glasses (like for reading) from most pharmacies and on-line if you need something temporary until your replacements arrive.

I found glasses store, Warby Parker

https://www.warbyparker.com/

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 5:37 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
KitLily wrote:

It is no fun, it is only fun when you need to get into a nightclub for concert.

Yes or you need to be an adult to buy something. Otherwise you're just left to cope on your own, basically.

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2022, 9:54 am

I broke my glasses during the pandemic and had a year without, that sucked. Was too apathetic to get any more.

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2022, 9:57 am

Perhaps concentrate on one thing at a time to not get overwhelmed? Even just washing yourself to make you feel better?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 11:35 pm

Being an adult & adulting is overrated. :|