For gods sake give me some decent neighbours

Page 3 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 6:35 pm

Would love to strangle the f****r above me at the moment.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 7:02 pm

I'm so sorry to you op (and anyone else io this thread who has to deal with this). Noisy neighbors are awful. I still live in the city and it has its issues, but as of now, my neighbors are okay.

I used to have awful neighbors. I lived in an apartment once where the upstairs neighbor had parties all the time and she flooded my apartment more than once doing bone headed crap. I once lived in one house where the people were awful and fought all the time and had six dogs barking outside all night. In the house I'm in now, the house to my left had a series of awful renters who required police intervention constantly until someone finally bought the house and moved in. Now I have normal neighbors who don't have two volumes...loud and louder and it's amazing. I hope you all can get that as well. It's close to hell having to deal with your place of solitude being wrecked by awful people. I feel for you all and wish you well and hope you can get into better situations asap.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 7:24 pm

Rossall wrote:

Given the outright violence ..these days ??? A well placed Hand grenade . Might be an effective answer ..?
Uhmm.. oopps that actually made it into print here. Anyway it was just a thought , being A aspie , sometimes
my pragmatism can get out of hand :evil: . [ Prefers a Non violent solution to Situations] ... :heart:

where ever you go ,there you are

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 7:25 pm

As you know, my upstairs neighbours are constantly thumping about day and night. Me and my boyfriend live rather quiet lives and don't often make much noise, and we go out to work. I even remember to close doors quietly. But I like to listen to an audiobook to sleep to (in the early hours of the morning when my boyfriend goes out to work), but because of their unpredictable banging upstairs I have to have an earplug in, as I can't lay down with headphones or earphones, so the audiobook has to be turned up loud so I can hear it with earplugs (not booming loud, as it was only from my phone). But as I was dozing off to the audiobook I suddenly heard a loud knocking sound, like someone was knocking at the door. I went to the door to see but nobody was there, so I thought maybe it's them upstairs knocking angrily on the wall or floor to tell me to turn it off. After all the loud thumping that disturbs us day and night, they've got a f*****g cheek. I only have to have my audiobooks loud BECAUSE OF THEM. They know they're noisy for us, because we politely told them about it.

They're just the biggest dickheads in the world and there's nothing I can do about it. :(

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 8:26 pm

Jakki wrote:
Rossall wrote:

Given the outright violence ..these days ??? A well placed Hand grenade . Might be an effective answer ..?
Uhmm.. oopps that actually made it into print here. Anyway it was just a thought , being A aspie , sometimes
my pragmatism can get out of hand :evil: . [ Prefers a Non violent solution to Situations] ... :heart:

I'm not a violent person, I've never been in trouble with the police. I was just venting some frustration.

I know I'm a pretty disturbed individual at present and I look pretty bad so I'm far from being the perfect neighbour myself. I am pretty quiet though and I tend to try and avoid conflict but am very spaced out and have trouble interacting with other people.

Speaking to the mental health team next week so will try and get some counselling to sort out my f****d up head.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 4:30 pm

Rossall wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Rossall wrote:

I'm not a violent person, I've never been in trouble with the police. I was just venting some frustration.

I know I'm a pretty disturbed individual at present and I look pretty bad so I'm far from being the perfect neighbour myself. I am pretty quiet though and I tend to try and avoid conflict but am very spaced out and have trouble interacting with other people.

Speaking to the mental health team next week so will try and get some counselling to sort out my f****d up head.

Saying you wish you could strangle some annoying dickhead is usually used as a figure of speech and doesn't make you a violent person. You're not disturbed I don't think. You just want to live a peaceful life, like I do. I hate my noisy neighbours upstairs so much.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 12:31 am

Agrees with Joe90 .. most definitely .. ! , if your gonna air frustrations , WP is pretty good about that..!
Lots of Aspies go through very unreasonable times and situations in their lives at various times !

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 3:12 pm

Literally all day long they haven't stopped thumping and banging upstairs. It's torture having to live below them. My boyfriend won't let me get in contact with the landlords because he's worried it might make things worse. But it's not fair on me, it's causing me distress in my own home. I'd just love to know what they're doing that makes so much noise. It's not regular enough to be exercise, but it's too constant to be normal everyday noises. It's unpredictable, sometimes it turns into fast knocking and hammering noises like "bonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonk", then it becomes scraping and rumbling sounds like they're constantly moving furniture, then there's the sweeping they do like 3-4 times a day (including at night) in every room, using a heavy, thick-bristled broom that clangs against all their skirting-boards and furniture, and surely it doesn't take a genius to know that the people living below can hear it - plus we've mentioned it to them already.

I think they just do it deliberately, which is why I feel we should tell the landlords. But I suppose they'll just play the innocent card. "Oh we have a baby, we have to do things, blah blah blah", well that's no excuse because they were always loud and banging before the baby was crawling or even born.

I think it should be illegal to put families in upstairs apartments unless there's good sound insulation built into the building. Maybe if my boyfriend lets me inform the landlords about the constant noise and the distress it's causing me, they might be able to install some sort of sound insulation to muffle the banging and make it a bit easier to ignore.

Me and my boyfriend have a lot of things to do online at the moment but this activity involves communication between each other, which is impossible to do with noise-cancelling headphones on or earplugs in all the time. No, white noise doesn't drown out the sound of the c***s upstairs. So I end up getting extremely distracted and cannot complete the tasks on the computer, and it ends up with us yelling at each other and giving up.
And no, we're not going to a library to do a task that can simply be done in the comforts of our own home. Anyway, libraries are even noisier because these days people bring their tantruming brats into libraries and there's nothing you can do about it. Everywhere is too family-friendly nowadays. When I was a kid they had rules set in most public places, like "please be quiet" signs in public libraries that even applied to toddlers so if you couldn't get your kid to shut up you'd have to take them outside, and in most supermarkets they had a "no running" policy, for safety reasons, and if you disobeyed then you'd get told off by a staff member. Unlike these days where kids rule and get away with murder. :roll:

Why is it too much to ask to live in peace? Why do I always have to live below weird OCD freaks* that can't stop doing such physical activities that requires stomping and banging like 21 hours a day, 7 days a week?

*Disclaimer, before anyone gets offended and makes it about them: no, I'm not saying all OCD people are freaks, and no, OCD doesn't make you a freak, I'm just venting about the people upstairs in ire.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 3:20 pm

I'm just scared I'm going to lose my s**t one of these days. You know that adrenaline rush you get when something really angers or excites you? Well I sometimes get that, and it makes me grab a broom and bang it on the ceiling screaming "SHUT UP!! !" It never makes a difference though but sometimes it makes me feel better.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 4:49 pm

What's stopping you from looking for a new flat?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Feb 2023, 5:02 pm

Or from compiling detailed records of the nuisances caused (date/time/duration, with recordings if possible) and submitting a formal complaint to your landlord.

Doing nothing is only going to make things worse for you.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 5:06 pm

klanka wrote:
What's stopping you from looking for a new flat?

Well, money for a start.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 5:24 pm

Private rentals are hideously expensive in the UK. I've found it's best to apply to as many councils in unpopular areas as you can and hope you get lucky.

I did but neighbours above seem to want war with everyone else in the block so I'm having to tread carefully. Last fella in this flat got a court summons for verbal harrassment of a woman in the block which I think might be the couple above me who have been down twice complaining about my noise when I hardly make any whereas they are bloody noisy.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 5:31 pm

Might nit want to give them a reason to have them start keeping records either , ( just in case)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 8:04 pm

They make far more noise than we ever do, and they're most probably too busy making a noise to hear any noise we might make.

I don't bang on the ceiling every time they make a noise, only once in a blue moon. And it's only to give them the message that we hate their constant noise.

I just feel like I can't enjoy my living-room any more unless I wear headphones all the time. People think it's easy to live with headphones on forever but there are some activities where you need to be aware of sound and are unable to wear headphones. I suppose it's OK if you're a non-verbal autistic who is limited in what they can do, but I'm not.

It's 1am and they're banging above right now. It sounds like they're scraping objects along the wall or something. But I think they're just sweeping the bedroom, a highly unnecessary activity to be doing at this hour, and I don't want to hear excuses like "maybe their bedroom gets really dusty and they need to sweep it several times a day or night", because...no, they're just f*****g jerks.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 9:51 am

not nearly as bad as some of the other posts about neighbors, but:

Two years ago, one day, my kitchen got a lot of flies in it. When I got back from work, the cops told me that the next door neighbors noticed a lot of flies in my kitchen and thought I was dead and called a Welfare Check. The cops told me that the neighbors tried to knock on my door and I didn't answer. But I was @ work. The Welfare Check scared the s**t out of me.

______________________________________________________________________________________

this is not the first time it's happened. i put my garbage cans in the correct location for garbage pickup. after the garbage truck came, my garbage cans were on the sidewalk, still full. someone had the nerve to park in front of my house (and apparently moved the garbage cans.) (granted, they did not do anything illegal, but if they keep moving my garbage cans, the garbagemen will never pick up the garbage cans.